Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 155. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Download the DNotes v2.0.1 Updated Wallet

Release:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases

Source:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

Windows:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.exe

Mac:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.app.zip

If you have the previous version of the wallet, you can simply replace it with the new version from the download links.

Please be sure to update by Monday April 30th.

The process is simply downloading the wallet program, close the old wallet program and open the new one. You will probably want to delete any previous version of the wallet just to ensure you don't open it by accident.

You can verify at any time you are using the latest version by clicking Help, then About DNotes. It should show DNotes version v2.0.1.0.

Linux Mint and Ubuntu Desktop wallets available to download for v2.0.1:

http://dnotescoin.com/#download

Having an issue with the Mac Build, will have a solution shortly.

Mac build updated:

There are a handful of nodes who are still on v2.0.0.0. Please be sure to update.

If you haven't updated, please update your wallet as soon as possible.
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Ok so i have some old Dnotes, how can I get the old wallet, where can I download it from?
I have filled out the form to transfer my old dnotes.
you have to send them to  the DNotes vault you get an address from the historic tab .they will be switched and  moved to your account balance

Hi powergecko, I've sent you an email with some additional information. Thank you!

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Ok so i have some old Dnotes, how can I get the old wallet, where can I download it from?
you have to send them to  the DNotes vault you get an address from the historic tab .they will be switched and  moved to your account balance
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Japan’s SBI Group Plans to Launch Crypto Exchange This Summer

https://dcebrief.com/japans-sbi-group-plans-to-launch-crypto-exchange-this-summer/
legendary
DNotes
Hello there,

I have my 12k NOTE on Yobit because I forgot about the swap and left them there. There is something I can do to get DNotes 2.0? I saw the new phase of swap will begin on 16th May. Anyone know if there is some technical issue withdrawin NOTE from Yobit right now?

PS: I'm trying to send 10 NOTE from Yobit to DNotesVault to test if it works

Hi hughjays77, if you purchased or mined your DNotes prior to April 16th, you can fill out the following form:
https://goo.gl/forms/MlbfqvAQilLglnHZ2

Any DNotes purchased or mined after April 16th, and deposited in the DNotesVault will be discarded.

There will be an investigation process for any DNotes participating in the swap going forward.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Hello there,

I have my 12k NOTE on Yobit because I forgot about the swap and left them there. There is something I can do to get DNotes 2.0? I saw the new phase of swap will begin on 16th May. Anyone know if there is some technical issue withdrawin NOTE from Yobit right now?

PS: I'm trying to send 10 NOTE from Yobit to DNotesVault to test if it works
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Business Depends on These Four Pillars
By Alan Yong

As a serial entrepreneur, for many years, I wondered why sixty percent of businesses failed within five years and up to 80% failed within ten years of their existence. Many of those that are still in business only enjoy intermittent success, barely enough to continue to keep the doors open. Instead of thriving, they continue to flounder.

One would think that ten years is enough time to master any business, but the reality is that it’s not - unless you truly understand that business success depends on four key pillars. They are the support pillars that anchor your business to your foundation. If you damage or neglect any one of these pillars, then your chances of business success will greatly diminish.

Here are the four key pillars vital to every business — and how to make sure they’re all as strong as possible:

1. The Leader..

Everything begins with you and your vision. The founder of any company is the head coach, star player, and creator of the business story. In that role, you must ensure that your vision is distinct, coherent, and so well-articulated that others understand it and buy in. Your vision needs to have an ultimate destination too, so team members can chart a clear path to reach it. Leaders must be truly passionate and deeply committed about what they do. After all, this is anything but another job, and everything depends on them. That approach, combined with a favorable and productive environment, will inspire employees to feel confident about their career path and align their personal goals with that of the company.

2. The Leader’s Great Idea
The leader’s great idea is what started the enterprise. It could be a product, a service, or a concept so new there isn’t even a term for it yet - so radically innovative that nothing like it has ever been tried before.  But the strength of an idea is not its novelty, but its power to solve a real-world problem that customers face. At its core, every great idea is simply an answer to the question: How can we solve this problem for our customers? A leader’s challenge is to make sure this great idea is also connected to a unique selling proposition and a well-developed strategic plan. Innovation by itself isn’t enough.

3. The Employees.
You will not benefit from the economy of scale as a one-man operation and expect to be the lowest cost producer. To grow your business, you must be able to attract and recruit great employees who are the best fit for the business environment and culture you envision or have already created.

Leaders can’t play a “solo game.” Instead, they must transmit their vision to their team so clearly that the team can act like clones, expanding the leader’s reach outwards to every employee. To leverage the power of every employee, you need an overall strategy of effective hiring and a continual focus on employee training and development. If employees are treated like worker drones, business goals can’t be achieved. In this cutthroat economy, everyone needs to be engaged, committed, and aligned with the same vision set forth by the leader. And leaders can’t be everywhere at once or do everything themselves. They need like-minded, high-performing employees.

4. The Customers.
It takes great leadership, strong ideas and engaged employees to create the right conditions to attract customers. But the decision to buy products or services rests entirely in the customers’ hands. Customers are why the company exists in the first place and they determine its survival. They are the real boss. Learn everything you can about your company’s customer base and make sure it’s going to not only sustain the business but grow over time. That requires full engagement with customers — and a nimble approach to allow the business to adapt to their changing needs.

No company ever becomes the best in class by accident, and there’s no magic bullet or special sauce for long-term survival. It takes a passion to excel and a disciplined focus across all four fronts, which means every department, every desk, every function, every exchange. No leader can afford to be blindsided by overconfidence or a misguided faith in a singular ability. Superiority in one competency will not mask mediocrity in others: brilliant ideas will not overcome uninspiring leadership; employees that don’t bring their skills to bear won’t help the business sustain or grow; and a shaky customer base is a foundation for failure. Imagine a panel of judges scoring the business: whichever organization scores highest on each of the four categories will be the one that wins.

Conclusion:
When you focus on the things that matter, you can drastically beat the odds of succeeding in business. Be cognizant of your strengths and select a business that you are truly passionate about. Then, make sure that there is true potential for real profitability and growth. With that foundation laid, you can then focus on these four key pillars to improve your odds of achieving lasting and sustainable business success.

These four key pillars apply equally to DNotes Global as our core mission is to provide the leadership and management to help DNotes gain mass adoption. After all, DNotes is managed as a business but not controlled as one.

legendary
I can't believe membership is free until the end of 2019! That will be very helpful to struggling businesses trying to get back on their feet. Even if the site content is still being worked on, they will still have access to a wealth of knowledge at no cost for the next 2 1/2 years

Thank you for making that observation, doraemon928.  The Four Pillars of Business Success membership site will be especially helpful to struggling businesses, entrepreneurs contemplating in starting a business, and business owners committed to achieving greater business success. It is also inspiring for employees who aspire to align their ambitious career goal with the right company.

Eighty percent of startups failed within the first ten years of existence. There are many reasons for it. Most entrepreneurs are blind sighted by the trust that their exceptional skill-sets in one of two areas assured business success. That is far from sufficient. We teach a best in class mindset in all things that matter. But business success depends of four key pillars. You, your great idea, your employees, and your customers. Stayed tuned for my next post.
legendary
DNotes
I can't believe membership is free until the end of 2019! That will be very helpful to struggling businesses trying to get back on their feet. Even if the site content is still being worked on, they will still have access to a wealth of knowledge at no cost for the next 2 1/2 years

Welcome doraemon928, referring to the Four Pillars website? You are right, it is quite the wealth of information! Alan has an extensive knowledge of business and what it takes to becomes successful and truly wishes to help reverse the near epidemic rates of business failure we are seeing today.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
legendary
From DNotes Telegram Channel
May 1, 2018

Quote from wiser:

wiser, [01.05.18 15:09]
From Alan, "The problem is there's always a new lesson to learn." That is so true. Part of the bigger picture, then, is striving to create an environment where it's safe to learn, and where you can hold a certain level of ignorance and still be safe. That's where specialization and complex civilization comes in. At the end of the day, I may know many important things but there will always be important things I don't know, and I'm counting on others to have my back on those things. For example, this morning I drove on a road. I know very little about how to build a good and safe road. I'm counting on others to take care of that for me.

wiser, [01.05.18 15:14]
In the US we're pretty trusting. We expect people to do what they say they'll do, and we assume certain foundational things have taken place when certain claims are made. If I tell you I'm a business owner, you will assume certain things are true even if I didn't tell you, for example, that I pay taxes, that I'm licensed in my specialty if that's required. When I read an ICO whitepaper, I tend to make a lot of assumptions like that. I don't realize they are assumptions that need to be looked into. I'm learning to not make those assumptions.

wiser, [01.05.18 15:17]
However, Alan's point I think is that it really shouldn't always be wrong to make those assumptions. It shouldn't be a fault to basically trust people. I like living in a society where for the most part you can trust people to be decent. It would be awful to have to always be looking over my shoulder. But that is what the ICO craze is kind of doing.

wiser, [01.05.18 15:19]
Sure, you can always blame the victim for being too trusting, expecting too much that words put in writing are actually true, for not being cynical enough. But is that really the world we want, where only the least trusting will make it?

Quote from Alan Yong:

Wiser, thank you for some very thought provoking comments. May be our industry can use a whole lot more of that.

As an industry, we are guilty of following the crowd like mindless zombies. Why do we follow the crowd and not a trustworthy leader?

Are we too clueless, ill informed, too greedy, naïve, or too trusting? There is a touch of all that and more. And that makes us vulnerable to be easy targets of those who have no problems in taking advantage of others. Worse yet, such environment attracts and grooms scam artists. It gives our industry a bad name, slows down mass adoption, and increases the risk of aggressive law enforcement and over regulation. It is very damaging to our industry.   

“I may know many important things but there will always be important things I don't know, and I'm counting on others to have my back on those things”. (wiser)
That works in a situation where trust and respect can be taken for granted.

We cannot know it all. Those who tried ended up not being good at anything. In an environment where trust and respect are the norms, everyone thrives in building a unified single culture for mutual benefits. Trust is rewarded in such environment. In contrast, trust is abused and taken advantage of in an environment where self-interest and personal gain trumps regardless of others pain and loses.

I believe that we all will learn from painful and expensive lessons. When there are options and choices, majority of the people will settle with the best choice. DNotes is fully committed to be a viable choice, especially to those who place high value on trust. I also believe that we will eventually be rewarded by doing what is right and beneficial to our industry. When more investors begin to understand and appreciate the DNotes difference we will be valued relative to our industry peers. That may not be that far in the future.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
DNotes
DNotes 2.0 trading is live on NLexch, and deposits are going through successfully https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebtc

This exchange is good, and I wouldn't be surprised if it catches on very soon... It reminds me of Poloniex or Mintpal in their earlier days. The group behind NLexch has been involved in cryptocurrency for quite some time now, and the functionality of their exchange, as well as the security and screening procedures reflect that. They are projecting a willingness to follow sound business ethics, something that is rare in this industry and rather refreshing. They also list a phone number, how many other exchanges are willing do that?

If you have time, maybe head over to their bitcointalk thread to thank them for listing DNotes 2.0 so quickly https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-nlexch-multi-crypto-coin-exchange-1989001

Appreciate it Brandon! Amarian12 has been with us for a long time, from the very start of DNotes creating one of the first DNotes. Always responsive and helpful.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
DNotes 2.0 trading is live on NLexch, and deposits are going through successfully https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebtc

This exchange is good, and I wouldn't be surprised if it catches on very soon... It reminds me of Poloniex or Mintpal in their earlier days. The group behind NLexch has been involved in cryptocurrency for quite some time now, and the functionality of their exchange, as well as the security and screening procedures reflect that. They are projecting a willingness to follow sound business ethics, something that is rare in this industry and rather refreshing. They also list a phone number, how many other exchanges are willing do that?

If you have time, maybe head over to their bitcointalk thread to thank them for listing DNotes 2.0 so quickly https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-nlexch-multi-crypto-coin-exchange-1989001
legendary
DNotes
Cryptopia Delisting for May 11th

Please be sure to remove your DNotes from Cryptopia by May 11th, when they will be delisting old DNotes.

You may send them to your DNotesVault.com HISTORIC account to participate in the coin swap and fill out the following form:

However, do not send DNotes that were mined or purchased on any exchange after April 16, 2018.

We will do everything we can to help everyone swap their old DNotes in good faith, but there will eventually be technical limitations if you do not control your own DNotes and they are left n exchanges.

Swapping DNotes 1.x for 2.0 after April 16th, 2018

You can still swap your DNotes, as long as you haven't purchased them or mined them after April 16th.

Steps:
If you don't have one already, create an account at DNotesVault.com. When you login to your DNotesVault.com account, at the top you will see DASHBOARD, MY ACCOUNT, and HISTORIC. Click on the HISTORIC TAB. You can send to any of the addresses listed here or click CREATE ADDRESS if you don't already have one.
Then fill out this form

We will do everything we can to help everyone swap their old DNotes in good faith, but there will eventually be technical limitations if you do not control your own DNotes and they are left on exchanges.

The next swap will begin May 16th.
legendary
DNotes
I've skimmed the forum.....  This has probably been answered buy have not found it yet.  I just saw this notice.....  Seems like a short time frame for a swap....  I just got an address today from the vault and sent my coins from a local wallet.  Will my coins be swapped?

Hi papachill, yes absolutely. As long as they were not mined or purchased after April 16th.

Our next coin swap will begin May 16th.

Please also fill out this form:

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I've skimmed the forum.....  This has probably been answered buy have not found it yet.  I just saw this notice.....  Seems like a short time frame for a swap....  I just got an address today from the vault and sent my coins from a local wallet.  Will my coins be swapped?
legendary
DNotes

DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Download the DNotes v2.0.1 Updated Wallet

Release:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases

Source:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

Windows:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.exe

Mac:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.app.zip

If you have the previous version of the wallet, you can simply replace it with the new version from the download links.

Please be sure to update by Monday April 30th.

The process is simply downloading the wallet program, close the old wallet program and open the new one. You will probably want to delete any previous version of the wallet just to ensure you don't open it by accident.

You can verify at any time you are using the latest version by clicking Help, then About DNotes. It should show DNotes version v2.0.1.0.

Linux Mint and Ubuntu Desktop wallets available to download for v2.0.1:

Having an issue with the Mac Build, will have a solution shortly.

Mac build updated:

There are a handful of nodes who are still on v2.0.0.0. Please be sure to update.

Jump to: