Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 50. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Conference Update:

Out of nearly one hundred conferences I have attended in various industries over my career, The Family Office Super Summit, we just participated in Miami, is by far the best. It was very productive and delightful. We enjoyed the time spent and made many new friends whom we will treasure for a long time. Raising investment capital is a long process and about building trust and sustained relationship. We have certainly found the right group to work with.

I am sending out nearly 200 personalized emails to a list of new contacts from this conference and thought you might be interested to have a sneak peek: 

Dear ______,

It was a pleasure meeting you in person at the Family Office Super Summit in Miami last week. I am honored to be among a distinguished list of speakers and thought that Richard and his team did an excellent job. Hope you found it equally as productive as I did and looking forward to seeing you again next December.

DNotes Global is positioned very differently for long-term strategic reasons. DNotes is the least hyped, most undervalued coin in our industry and never participated in any ICO.  I have been involved in this project, self-funded, for the last five years with a highly motivated team relentlessly focused on building DNotes as the inclusive trusted digital currency to gain mass adoption. Here is a link for your reference: https://dnotesglobal.com/DNotesGlobal-A-Generational-Opportunity.pdf

We are very strategic in building a fully integrated ecosystem, as a vital part of our foundation to be a major global corporation. It will involve three rounds of funding. In progress is the first round using Reg. D 506 (c) to raise $5 million from accredited investors, followed immediately by Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 to raise $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide. The third round is a full-blown IPO in 3 to 5 years. This is a big and bold global project that is purposeful with significant positive world changing implications.

Mass adoption of digital currency will not materialize without the full participation of women. CryptoMoms, which we founded almost 5 years ago, has evolved to become HERo. A new website will be launched in the next week or two. We love to have your support and sponsorship. Here is a link for your preview: https://nextgenhero.io/

I know that you are an influencer in our industry and have done great work. Any help you can offer in our funding efforts and getting DNotes listed on a major exchange will be very much appreciated.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best regards,
Alan”

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504
SEC Commissioner: Bitcoin ETF Could Take Years

https://dcebrief.com/sec-commissioner-bitcoin-etf-could-take-years/

While it may well help the industry to be open to more investment through ETFs, the industry should focus on creating real use cases and adoption, rather than the symptomatic rise in price that they cause.

Could not agree more with this one. Actions like this do make prices rise, but usually rise is because of speculations and not because of intrinsic value. And because of that we get price drops like current one and panic on the market Roll Eyes

Do you really think that the approval of an ETF would do anything to the price in this situation?

Hey Nightz, welcome to the DNotes forum!

My response to your question would be that the effect of Bitcoin ETF's on the market would be difficult to quantify. That said, there are a couple of things I'm certain that they would do.

1. They would make it easier for people to trade Bitcoin on well respected and more reliable exchanges, where all the really wealthy people and institutional investors play the market.

2. The security of the bitcoin will fall to the fund and not the investor, which will give these big players & more risk averse people a sense of security when it comes to theft and fraud.

Both of these things will boost the liquidity and legitimacy to the markets, and make investors feel safer buying Bitcoin, rather than having to go to small exchanges with histories of getting hacked, and then transferring money to it, then sending the Bitcoin somewhere for storage, creating a paper wallet etc. There are a lot of things that can go wrong to a non-technical person who has never done it before. It works the same way when they want to sell their Bitcoin. They would need to send their Bitcoin to the exchange (which could take 30mins), and hope the liquidity is there to sell without a big price drop etc. ETFs are supposed to solve this issue. And individuals can much more easily track the current value of their portfolio at the fund.

If there is a lot of demand for the ETF shares, then the price of those shares will trade higher than what the Bitcoin spot price is, and the fund will then go into the markets and purchase more Bitcoin (which raises Bitcoin price). It basically opens Bitcoin up to everyone who has money so that they can trade Bitcoin in the same way that they are used to trading everything else that they are already trading.

For all we know, ETF's could make the demand for Bitcoin and other cyptocurrency assets rise exponentially. Not necessarily immediately, however

As for 1., wouldn't you say that Coinbase is pretty much as safe as it can get? I don't think anybody is worried leaving their digital assets with Coinbase or do you disagree?
As for 2., doesn't Coinbase already offer custody services? I am not up to date with that.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
DNotes Trading Bot Strategies - Cryptocurrency Trading Strategies

Tim created a video for some of the basic trading strategies you can use with the DNotes Trading Bot.

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Bloomberg: Proposed Chinese Crypto Could Increase Beijing’s Control

https://dcebrief.com/bloomberg-proposed-chinese-crypto-could-increase-beijings-control/

This is a very slippery slope of immense risk. It will lead to significant lose of assets and privacy. In brief, this will negatively impact the cryptocurrency issuance nation, its citizens, and others who do business with the subject nation – including foreign visitors.

I cannot think of a wise case for any sovereign nation. The true value of digital currency using it ingenious underpinning blockchain technology is the issuance of a defined limited supply of currency governed by algorithm in a decentralized entity not controlled by anyone, for everyone globally, with pseudo- anonymity. 

It's a very concerning, but predictable development where technology can be used to exercise control. The cool thing is that there are many viable alternatives that anybody can use worldwide, the question is any potential penalties for doing so within certain states.

I agree with both assessments. Like any technology, cryptocurrency's impact is likely to be different in different areas of the world. Security cameras and facial recognition software are great examples of how a technology can be both beneficial and detrimental, depending upon the government's nature and intent. In countries with strong civil liberty protections, that technology can be a relatively non-intrusive way to identify criminal and terrorist threats. In other countries, that same technology can be used to monitor the citizenry, chill basic liberties, or facilitate a centralized 'social credit' system. Digital currencies can be a powerful tool when they remain decentralized and inclusive. In the hands of the wrong centralized entity, however, the technology has the potential to be used to further control the people.

Slippery slope, indeed.

The good thing among all of it, however, is that people can decide for themselves which technologies and software are suitable for their preferences. DNotes Global has been developing useful software with real world use cases -- the most impressive of which for me is DNotes Pay. Cryptocurrency allowed two people to make payments to one another directly without any intermediary, DNotes Pay is the most simple solution that exists to do the same for invoicing and selling products online without having to use any intermediary to do so -- a valuable evolutionary step.

We are committed to building useful software, and while we are in a bear market with much uncertainty industry wide, people are going to begin to notice our contributions and the winning strategies we have employed over time.
Japan’s FSA to Categorize Digital Currencies As “Crypto-Assets”

https://dcebrief.com/japans-fsa-to-categorize-digital-currencies-as-crypto-assets/

https://dcebrief.com/bloomberg-proposed-chinese-crypto-could-increase-beijings-control/

This is a very slippery slope of immense risk. It will lead to significant lose of assets and privacy. In brief, this will negatively impact the cryptocurrency issuance nation, its citizens, and others who do business with the subject nation – including foreign visitors.

I cannot think of a wise case for any sovereign nation. The true value of digital currency using it ingenious underpinning blockchain technology is the issuance of a defined limited supply of currency governed by algorithm in a decentralized entity not controlled by anyone, for everyone globally, with pseudo- anonymity. 

It's a very concerning, but predictable development where technology can be used to exercise control. The cool thing is that there are many viable alternatives that anybody can use worldwide, the question is any potential penalties for doing so within certain states.

I agree with both assessments. Like any technology, cryptocurrency's impact is likely to be different in different areas of the world. Security cameras and facial recognition software are great examples of how a technology can be both beneficial and detrimental, depending upon the government's nature and intent. In countries with strong civil liberty protections, that technology can be a relatively non-intrusive way to identify criminal and terrorist threats. In other countries, that same technology can be used to monitor the citizenry, chill basic liberties, or facilitate a centralized 'social credit' system. Digital currencies can be a powerful tool when they remain decentralized and inclusive. In the hands of the wrong centralized entity, however, the technology has the potential to be used to further control the people.

Slippery slope, indeed.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Activity: 327
Merit: 16
I certainly wouldn't want to be them at this time. The industry is maturing, and we are a part of that process. We gained a lot of respect from our participation at the family office conference, and we are lining up interest both for this funding round and future rounds.

I just arrived back in Australia after several delays and around 60 hours total travel time (24 hour delay included).

That is a long trip for sure. It was great to see you, we got quite a bit accomplished.

Nice to hear that everything went fine, I'm looking forward to some good news in 2019 Wink

Year 2018 has not been exactly the best when looking at crypto in general, and I'm still not overly optimistic about 2019, but I'm counting (and trusting) on you guys to make some breakthrough in the year to come Wink
legendary
DNotes
I certainly wouldn't want to be them at this time. The industry is maturing, and we are a part of that process. We gained a lot of respect from our participation at the family office conference, and we are lining up interest both for this funding round and future rounds.

I just arrived back in Australia after several delays and around 60 hours total travel time (24 hour delay included).

That is a long trip for sure. It was great to see you, we got quite a bit accomplished.

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

Crypto Hedge Fund Warns of Possible ICO Refunds After SEC Decision

Pantera Capital Management said about 25 percent of the blockchain and digital-currency projects that its ICO fund invested in could be found in violation of U.S. securities laws and may have to refund money to their backers.

The Menlo Park, California-based hedge fund said the projects may be at risk after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Nov. 16 announcement that two startups that raised millions by issuing tokens to non-accredited investors didn’t comply with securities laws. One of the projects, Paragon Coin, has already announced it may have to pay back investors.

Many startups -- especially those that conducted initial coin offerings last year -- didn’t register with the SEC, and also sold their tokens to regular people, instead of the more sophisticated accredited investors. As regulators have begun clarifying their positions and revving up policing, the way tokens are issued has undergone drastic changes.

While we believe the vast majority of the projects in our portfolio should not be affected, approximately 25 percent of our fund’s capital is invested in projects with liquid tokens that sold to U.S. investors without using regulation D or regulation S," Dan Morehead and Joey Krug, Pantera’s co-chief investment officers, wrote in the newsletter Thursday. “If any of these projects are deemed to be securities, the SEC’s position could adversely affect them. Of these projects, about a third (approximately 10 percent of the portfolio) are live and functional and, while they could technically continue without further development, ending development would hinder their progress.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/crypto-hedge-fund-warns-of-possible-ico-refunds-on-sec-decision

Auch...that would hurt Lips sealed But I wonder how are they planning to take money from those who already went bankrupt or disappeared with investor's money Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Crypto Hedge Fund Warns of Possible ICO Refunds After SEC Decision

Pantera Capital Management said about 25 percent of the blockchain and digital-currency projects that its ICO fund invested in could be found in violation of U.S. securities laws and may have to refund money to their backers.

The Menlo Park, California-based hedge fund said the projects may be at risk after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Nov. 16 announcement that two startups that raised millions by issuing tokens to non-accredited investors didn’t comply with securities laws. One of the projects, Paragon Coin, has already announced it may have to pay back investors.

Many startups -- especially those that conducted initial coin offerings last year -- didn’t register with the SEC, and also sold their tokens to regular people, instead of the more sophisticated accredited investors. As regulators have begun clarifying their positions and revving up policing, the way tokens are issued has undergone drastic changes.

While we believe the vast majority of the projects in our portfolio should not be affected, approximately 25 percent of our fund’s capital is invested in projects with liquid tokens that sold to U.S. investors without using regulation D or regulation S," Dan Morehead and Joey Krug, Pantera’s co-chief investment officers, wrote in the newsletter Thursday. “If any of these projects are deemed to be securities, the SEC’s position could adversely affect them. Of these projects, about a third (approximately 10 percent of the portfolio) are live and functional and, while they could technically continue without further development, ending development would hinder their progress.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/crypto-hedge-fund-warns-of-possible-ico-refunds-on-sec-decision
Saudi Arabia, UAE Collaborating on Joint Digital Currency for Cross-Border Bank Transactions

https://dcebrief.com/saudi-arabia-uae-collaborating-on-joint-digital-currency-for-cross-border-bank-transactions/
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Anyone who is using the trading bot, please head on over to the other forum thread to share your experience with using it. We would greatly appreciate it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5084651.new#new
Pages:
Jump to: