Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 93. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I will be looking into decentralized and hybrid exchanges. Most are token exchanges for things like ERC20 tokens. If you have any suggestions for decentralized or hybrid exchanges, please let us know.

Here is a nice article to get you started:

https://medium.com/@theblocknetchannel/understanding-a-decentralized-exchange-eee9e1043f45

Exchanges have four core functions:

1 Capital deposits
2 Order broadcast
3 Order matching
4 The exchange of tokens

Therefore, in order to be a decentralized exchange, each of these core functions must be decentralized in the following ways:

Traders’ capital must remain in their wallets, and cannot be entrusted to a third party at any stage.
Orders must broadcast directly from trader to trader over an inter-blockchain DHT network overlay. Traders’ apps must compile an order book themselves instead of relying on a central order book service.
Orders must be matched directly between traders. When one accepts another’s order, their apps communicate to set up the coin exchange process, and this is broadcast over the inter-chain network.
The exchange of tokens must be achieved without the involvement of an intermediary, in a manner that does not require counterparties to trust one another beforehand. An atomic swap protocol must be utilised (meaning that either the exchange of both currencies takes place, or nothing takes place), which employs a system called OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to nullify transaction malleability-based attacks.

I do not want to pitch for Blocknet but the project is currently, in my opinion, leading the way in the area of interoperability. A close second would be Komodo. Rest of the DEX's that I've heard about are not truly decentralized or are only compatible with one platform (Ethereum, Waves)

Thank you very much Wosterlee and SiamDude, that is very helpful information. We will be looking into these solutions -- this could be very beneficial to the DNotes ecosystem and to DNotes holders, along with those who would like an easier means to acquire them. We will definitely look into adding this into our project pipeline, of which we have some pretty exciting things already in the works.

Perfect, thank you again for the information that is very helpful.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
I will be looking into decentralized and hybrid exchanges. Most are token exchanges for things like ERC20 tokens. If you have any suggestions for decentralized or hybrid exchanges, please let us know.

https://medium.com/@theblocknetchannel/understanding-a-decentralized-exchange-eee9e1043f45

1 Capital deposits
2 Order broadcast
3 Order matching
4 The exchange of tokens

Therefore, in order to be a decentralized exchange, each of these core functions must be decentralized in the following ways:

Traders’ capital must remain in their wallets, and cannot be entrusted to a third party at any stage.
Orders must broadcast directly from trader to trader over an inter-blockchain DHT network overlay. Traders’ apps must compile an order book themselves instead of relying on a central order book service.
Orders must be matched directly between traders. When one accepts another’s order, their apps communicate to set up the coin exchange process, and this is broadcast over the inter-chain network.
The exchange of tokens must be achieved without the involvement of an intermediary, in a manner that does not require counterparties to trust one another beforehand. An atomic swap protocol must be utilised (meaning that either the exchange of both currencies takes place, or nothing takes place), which employs a system called OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to nullify transaction malleability-based attacks.

I do not want to pitch for Blocknet but the project is currently, in my opinion, leading the way in the area of interoperability. A close second would be Komodo. Rest of the DEX's that I've heard about are not truly decentralized or are only compatible with one platform (Ethereum, Waves)

Thank you very much Wosterlee and SiamDude, that is very helpful information. We will be looking into these solutions -- this could be very beneficial to the DNotes ecosystem and to DNotes holders, along with those who would like an easier means to acquire them. We will definitely look into adding this into our project pipeline, of which we have some pretty exciting things already in the works.
Activity: 220
Merit: 110

1 Capital deposits
2 Order broadcast
3 Order matching
4 The exchange of tokens

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

All the classic coin chains need to seek decentralized solutions.

Atomic swaps is the best IMO

Also integration with WAVE wallet, see they have BTC, LTC.
Then UNITY with nxt group.
SafeEx with omni group.
And BTS / Bridge BCO / openledger.

Put the best group project is the BLOCK net, lots of promise.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
DNotes
Tune in at 3PM PST for Alan Yong in a live interview on OC Talk Radio
https://goo.gl/XjWe7a
Can you explain a little bit about your original ideas on hybrid exchanges, please.
For decentralized exchange, it should be built up for different tokens on different platforms, such as ETH, WAVES, NEOS, etc., not only focus on ETH (ERC20 tokens).

Sorry, I meant for getting DNotes listed on. The hybrid exchanges have both centralized aspects and decentralized aspects to them, which allows them to trade tokens with a decentralized back end but also accept non-token cryptocurrencies.

That has actually been an interesting feature of many platform models, is that exchange operators seem to have much more trouble with a lot of the coins that don't run on ERC20 standard. In some ways this makes it easier for more exchange operators to create a market with less knowledge, but on the other hand it becomes harder for there to be any real difference in the actual products being offered (tokens are just business iterations of the core crypto engine and don't offer anything new technologically).

Though I'm quite sure when it comes to atomic swaps, the whole process tends to be a little more standardised across the code of varying cryptos. We would love to hear more about hybrid / decentralized exchanges that may be DNotes compatible, and it would add a ton of new exchange market options for direct trading.
legendary
DNotes
Can you explain a little bit about your original ideas on hybrid exchanges, please.
For decentralized exchange, it should be built up for different tokens on different platforms, such as ETH, WAVES, NEOS, etc., not only focus on ETH (ERC20 tokens).

Sorry, I meant for getting DNotes listed on. The hybrid exchanges have both centralized aspects and decentralized aspects to them, which allows them to trade tokens with a decentralized back end but also accept non-token cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 147
Merit: 12
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Just FYI Exchange- www.Listex.io, withdraws are not working at all. Ive tried Note, BTC, and Dash. I Submitted my first Dnotes withdraw Aug 4 around noon. It Still says accepted yet nothing happens. I have not received any emails from this exchange (other than support registration) and they dont appear to be answering support tickets. Its been 48 hours or so for a support ticket.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Hopefully they are just fixing some bugs on there end, I will let you know if the status changes

Thanks mrbum805, I have emailed them about withdrawals. It appears they have launched but the exchange is not complete. Until they get up to speed I will remove them from our lists.
Activity: 92
Merit: 12
Just FYI Exchange- www.Listex.io, withdraws are not working at all. Ive tried Note, BTC, and Dash. I Submitted my first Dnotes withdraw Aug 4 around noon. It Still says accepted yet nothing happens. I have not received any emails from this exchange (other than support registration) and they dont appear to be answering support tickets. Its been 48 hours or so for a support ticket.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Hopefully they are just fixing some bugs on there end, I will let you know if the status changes
That's so cool to have very distinguished and educated authors writing for DCEBrief. Dr Kravchenko has done an excellent job in explaining some of the limitations of blockchain, and where some of the excessive excitement is being misapplied to a myriad of implementations that have no structural societal benefit.

DNotes is instead focusing on revolutionising and making simple the applications of the tech that have a demonstrably proven use-case, where the maximal benefits to society can be realized.

Alan has in fact been talking a lot about these issues in some of his more recent interviews on well-known radio shows. In the following video, Alan talks about how blockchain can and will disrupt the financial services industry, but also shares the sentiment of Dr Kravchenko that there are many projects that have gone full-speed a head, but in the wrong direction and making more 'new problems' than what we had before.

DNotes by comparison is committed to sticking to the right path, and to get to our final destination the 'right way'.

Blockchain Disrupting Banking and Financial Services Industry -- Alan Yong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQM5VnrKGs
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

My sincere congratulations to Dr. Pavel Kravchenko, the Founder of Distributed Lab, for the publication of his first article on DCEBrief. I have been a follower of his great work and contribution to our nascent industry.

Blockchain technology has tremendous potential to make this a better world by reducing our dependency on centralized control of our life at almost every turn. A healthy balance of centralized entities operating in harmony with the emergence of decentralized systems such digital currency with the underpinning blockchain technology will have significant positive world changing implications. 
OKCoin Customer Sues Exchange Over Bitcoin Cash Distribution

https://dcebrief.com/okcoin-customer-sues-exchange-over-bitcoin-cash-distribution/
legendary
DNotes
Technical question to the DNotes team from a long term investor:

Is OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY (BIP65) implemented in the DNotes 2.0 code?

If so, it makes DNotes interoperable with many other coins via atomic swaps and can be traded with them on BlockNet's decentralized exchange. No sign-up fees, no delistings, no KYC, no limits and 100% full ownership over your private keys. Interoperability makes it possible to pay with DNotes for services on other blockchains such as the Syscoin Blockmarket or Siacoins data storage.

Thank you Wosterlee, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Decentralized exchanges are something that we need to investigate more closely as far as getting DNotes listed on the existing ones. The opcode for BIP 65 is in the code https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/search?q=OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and I will bring this up and for further investigation and prioritizing. Do you currently use Blocknet DX? If so, how would you describe your experience using it? And do you think getting DNotes listed there will have a significant on DNotes market?

Thank you for you interest. I'll try to make a brief summary for you. Blocknet is an interoperability protocol and is now working on it's first 'Dapp' which is the DEX. However, Blocknet strives to make every aspect of the exchange decentralised, unlike most exchanges and hybrid DEX's. Currently you are able to trade, but it will require some effort and there is little to none liquidity. You would need to download the wallet+blockchains of each coin that you want to trade and link them using the rpc ports. Blocknet is now working on expanding the exchange features (limit orders, order history) at the moment together with their partner VSA partners, a company from Chicago that developed the GUI. To really lower the hurdle for the average Joe, Blocknet is looking for ways to implement a multiwallet or lite clients for each coins. There is now ongoing debate however if Blocknet should make these lite wallets or if these should be provided by the initial coin developer.

There is way more to get into, maybe it's best to start with this youtube video of the team explained their product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY53_QlsIWA&t=1&30s=

You can apply for integration using this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgW8lm9qwPf1pP3ROlydU410kGG9XQzhI5NwgMF8GuRtGQfg/viewform

That sounds like it could make for a really exciting possibility for DNotes, especially if, as Joe said, the necessary bit of code is in DNotes that would allow for atomic swaps!

Great, appreciate all the info. I'm sure that downloading each wallet and having to run each wallet is enough work and overhead to deter most users, so the lite wallet option would be great.

If so, it makes DNotes interoperable with many other coins via atomic swaps and can be traded with them on BlockNet's decentralized exchange. No sign-up fees, no delistings, no KYC, no limits and 100% full ownership over your private keys. Interoperability makes it possible to pay with DNotes for services on other blockchains such as the Syscoin Blockmarket or Siacoins data storage.

Thank you Wosterlee, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Decentralized exchanges are something that we need to investigate more closely as far as getting DNotes listed on the existing ones. The opcode for BIP 65 is in the code https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/search?q=OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and I will bring this up and for further investigation and prioritizing. Do you currently use Blocknet DX? If so, how would you describe your experience using it? And do you think getting DNotes listed there will have a significant on DNotes market?

Thank you for you interest. I'll try to make a brief summary for you. Blocknet is an interoperability protocol and is now working on it's first 'Dapp' which is the DEX. However, Blocknet strives to make every aspect of the exchange decentralised, unlike most exchanges and hybrid DEX's. Currently you are able to trade, but it will require some effort and there is little to none liquidity. You would need to download the wallet+blockchains of each coin that you want to trade and link them using the rpc ports. Blocknet is now working on expanding the exchange features (limit orders, order history) at the moment together with their partner VSA partners, a company from Chicago that developed the GUI. To really lower the hurdle for the average Joe, Blocknet is looking for ways to implement a multiwallet or lite clients for each coins. There is now ongoing debate however if Blocknet should make these lite wallets or if these should be provided by the initial coin developer.

There is way more to get into, maybe it's best to start with this youtube video of the team explained their product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY53_QlsIWA&t=1&30s=

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgW8lm9qwPf1pP3ROlydU410kGG9XQzhI5NwgMF8GuRtGQfg/viewform

That sounds like it could make for a really exciting possibility for DNotes, especially if, as Joe said, the necessary bit of code is in DNotes that would allow for atomic swaps!
Activity: 220
Merit: 110

legendary
DNotes

Pages:
Jump to: