Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 95. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
ICO is One of the Greatest Tools for Capital Formation

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
I have found some minor glitch in the DNotes dashboard (it only appears when I open Dashboard). You can see it in the image below, so you can look into it. I'm using Chrome browser and resolution 2560 × 1440.

Thanks Amadeus82, we will at some point in the near future do a complete overhaul on the DNotesVault site. Still a few back end changes to make first.

Indeed, we had someone we know come up with a pretty cool front end design that we can modify to need for the final implementation, and will get the internals of the vault redesigned once all the back-end work is done, and we know all the features that we want the vault to have.
legendary
DNotes
I want to know if you can dig a mine with this coin, with what machine, with what algorithm,
And when will it be listed on the exchanges? And what exchanges is the project intended to be listed?

DNotes is now a POS coin, you "mine" in the wallet, no external equipment required. All your other questions can be answered in the OP of this forum or, at DNotes Website: https://dnotescoin.com/

Welcome zhanghengfell to the DNotes forum. That is correct we have recently upgraded our blockchain to POS, so there will no longer mining or mining pools.

Above are our current exchanges and we have spent a good deal of effort and time working with exchanges, as we grow in volume more and more exchanges will want to list DNotes.
legendary
DNotes
I have found some minor glitch in the DNotes dashboard (it only appears when I open Dashboard). You can see it in the image below, so you can look into it. I'm using Chrome browser and resolution 2560 × 1440.

Thanks Amadeus82, we will at some point in the near future do a complete overhaul on the DNotesVault site. Still a few back end changes to make first.
legendary
DNotes
All, had to recreate the DNotesCoin.com website from scratch. It is mostly the same, just rebuilt on a new platform. It would be helpful if anyone who has a few spare moments to go over it, check for issues, and make a suggestions you may have. I will have one of our graphics guys give it a good once over for improvements, so now would be a great time to let me know what you like and don't like.

In the text "Behind the Scenes", the word "scenes" shows up in white, I assume it may have been a link or, should be light blue to fit the theme? Also, in the "Choose your wallet" section, second line of icons, third position, is blank, no icon. I don't see anything else obvious right now but, I'll let you know if I do..

Thanks! I agree, the blue would be more fitting.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
I want to know if you can dig a mine with this coin, with what machine, with what algorithm,
And when will it be listed on the exchanges? And what exchanges is the project intended to be listed?

DNotes is now a POS coin, you "mine" in the wallet, no external equipment required. All your other questions can be answered in the OP of this forum or, at DNotes Website: https://dnotescoin.com/
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

I'm really happy with the changes, particularly the switch to the new thumbnail for the video, as well as shifting to the black-coloured background instead of the grey when it comes to the introduction page.
All, had to recreate the DNotesCoin.com website from scratch. It is mostly the same, just rebuilt on a new platform. It would be helpful if anyone who has a few spare moments to go over it, check for issues, and make a suggestions you may have. I will have one of our graphics guys give it a good once over for improvements, so now would be a great time to let me know what you like and don't like.

In the text "Behind the Scenes", the word "scenes" shows up in white, I assume it may have been a link or, should be light blue to fit the theme? Also, in the "Choose your wallet" section, second line of icons, third position, is blank, no icon. I don't see anything else obvious right now but, I'll let you know if I do..

legendary
DNotes
We've added email based 2FA for anyone who does not have Google 2FA enabled on their account at the DNotesVault. It is an extra step in logging into your account if you didn't have 2FA enabled already, but not a big burden and well justified for the additional security and protection of your account.

Brilliant. There will always be some who are unfamiliar with 2FA, and thus might not take the time to set up the security feature in their account settings. Always nice to have an automatic 2FA in place to provide them with that added level of protection. Well done, as always.

Yea, that's a pretty classy move, the more people you include, the more respect you will garner. Security should be easy, users should not have to figure it out, it should be second nature. Nice...
NC Election Board: No Crypto Donations for State Candidates

https://dcebrief.com/nc-election-board-no-crypto-donations-for-state-candidates/
It doesn't matter because donators can sell their cryptos, exchange them to fiats, then using fiats for donations to State Candidates.
It will not violate anything, lol.
State Candidates will definitely receive indirectly donations (part of them come from crypto enthusiasts)

It's all a game of fear and intimidation. These election boards don't understand crypto therefore they believe what they hear from the fear mongers, money laundering and illegal donations, no KYC, supporting foreign governments, unfair advantage, the whole playbook. It won't always be this way, the old guard will slowly come around or, quite frankly, they will die off.  

When your yardstick is marked off in units of fear and loathing, it's pretty hard to get an accurate measure of the real situation. We need to hand out accurate yardsticks to these people...
Activity: 151
Merit: 0

https://dcebrief.com/nc-election-board-no-crypto-donations-for-state-candidates/
It doesn't matter because donators can sell their cryptos, exchange them to fiats, then using fiats for donations to State Candidates.
It will not violate anything, lol.
State Candidates will definitely receive indirectly donations (part of them come from crypto enthusiasts)
Merit: 102
We've added email based 2FA for anyone who does not have Google 2FA enabled on their account at the DNotesVault. It is an extra step in logging into your account if you didn't have 2FA enabled already, but not a big burden and well justified for the additional security and protection of your account.

Brilliant. There will always be some who are unfamiliar with 2FA, and thus might not take the time to set up the security feature in their account settings. Always nice to have an automatic 2FA in place to provide them with that added level of protection. Well done, as always.

Merit: 102

I'm sure many people will find this change very useful. I've never been a fan of Google authenticator myself -- but it would be more secure. People can now choose the level of security / convenience they want. It would always be recommended to use the maximal number of security tools possible when it comes to managing any significant holdings / the bulk of your funds.
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

Nice move  Smiley I prefer using Google 2FA, but I'm sure that giving user more options is always the good thing. By any means 2FA is in my opinion necessary in all pages and/or exchanges where we have some money/coins. Even if our password get stolen, villains will stil be unable to log in without proper 2FA identification.

DNotes vault is really a great feature of DNotes coin and safe way to store the coins.
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
We are working on it. Troubleshooting why it's not picking up some of the minting transactions. It should, and it is all being recorded in the database. However,  in my discussions today, we discussed Electrum may not be the best option for watching all of your staking wallets, there are some bigger bugs and issues related to staking. Including the Electrum wallet is limited to 1,000 transactions. With 1 minute blocks and multiple addresses, that can add up pretty quickly. So we are recommending not using Electrum for staking wallets until we can spend a good deal of time to do a major upgrade on it TBD.

These are short term issues, and the Electrum wallet was really created as an easy way to manage smaller amounts of funds and quick transactions. For now you will have to use another option for watching and tracking your staking wallets.

Exporting from the QT wallet is the best option, even if you have to sort and remove the orphan minting blocks. In excel that is just a matter of sorting or filtering. But the block explorer or history API call in Abe are good options as well, you will have to do it by address, but you won't have to remove the orphans.

Thanks for the heads up. So, just curious, is the 1,000 transactions limited to the life of the wallet? And yes, I'm sure all my addresses have logged more than that many transactions by now!

I'm using the QT wallet for now. I have noticed that while the wallet will still work, the blockchain does corrupt just as easily as any other blockchain. I've had some interesting experiences with total balance inaccuracies that were corrected upon a fresh download of the blockchain. I do like the fact that even if the chain is corrupted, the wallet will still function. Nothing like having to wait for the whole thing to download again just to make a withdrawal that you thought would only take a minute Wink

The QT exports work fine, and I've figured out how to get rid of the orphans (you sort by "confirmation" and delete all the "false" rows and you're good to go). A wallet repair feature I've seen in other QT wallets is a command or button that will clear all the orphans from the wallet itself. I'd love to see that feature added to DNotes QT, but since it's a slight enhancement without which life goes on just fine I can see that being closer to the bottom of the priority list.

I like the idea of going the API route for watching multiple addresses, and when I decide to delve into that further I will definitely check out the Abe API calls you shared.

1,000 inputs for electrum wallets for now, 10,000 total history it will show. But I'm sure we will be able to raise that with a few upgrades in the future. It does make a really nice mobile or lite-weight wallet. So I suspect even for normal pay use, we will have to raise it or provide an alternative down the road. I just came to realize that was a limitation in Electrum.  

The only way the blockchain gets corrupted is if it gets corrupted locally on your machine when say there is something like hard drive issues, hard shut downs, that sort of thing. If it was corrupted, I would think the wallet stops working or gets stuck on a specific block as it reads the blockchain. The greater blockchain on the network itself would reject any false/corrupted data. You will have the occasional glitch, but those are easily solved, usually by restarting the wallet. I am beginning to suspect the issues you are having, if they are with the QT wallet, are more procedural.

Are you using multiple wallet files? And when you swap wallet files are you also swapping the data files with it? Or doing a rescan when you swap wallet files to pick up your transactions that belong to that wallet?

For example, let's say you have AWALLET and BWALLET. You update AWALLET, up to block 100. Then you swap just wallet.dat to BWALLET and open up the QT wallet. Any transactions that occurred for BWALLET up to block 100 will not show in the QT wallet. This is not obvious behavior, unless you understand that the QT wallet is reading each block as it downloads, and only storing for quick reference the data related to the wallet that is active while downloading.

You can manage this by making backups of the entire data directory for the that wallet. Or by downloading the blockchain from scratch when you swap wallet files. Or by doing a rescan. But the easiest way is to backup the entire data directory with the wallet.

Also, there is a repair wallet function that can be run from the console menu. I suspect what you want is rescan, which to run rescan for desktop you would do dnotes-qt.exe -rescan from the command prompt in the directory where the qt wallet program is located. That will sync the local blockchain and the current wallet to show your transactions.

From my standpoint, these are all the complications that most users shouldn't have to worry about, some will by choice of course. Not to mention they come with significant risk. Cold staking combined with the DNotesVault, along with some upgrades to the DNotesVault, will make this process super easy for the user to participate in supporting the network and earn staking reward without requiring a deep understanding of the technology just to use it and as close to 100% safe as possible. All we need is time and money, hah.

Edit: Note that Electrum will still show the correct balances even over limits. We are just having a problem with it showing and calculating some staking transactions right now.

I meant the block chain on my computer. I haven't moved DNotes wallets around much until very recently. However, the new Windows computers (home edition) tend to randomly restart for updates if it thinks you're not using it. Since I would have the wallet open, then it would abruptly shut down the wallet and I know from experience that can corrupt the local copy of the block chain. With other wallets, the wallet plain won't run. With DNotes, it seems to run the wallet, but then I find weird glitches in the address totals.

This is one of those times when I wish I had a bit more programming knowledge. I can only observe from the outside and speculate on the reasons.

I honestly had no idea there was this much nuance to qt wallets. Now I see why you've worked so hard to develop end user options that do not require that kind of maintenance. It's nice that even those options will allow the end user to benefit from CRISP payments.

You are absolutely correct, there is a lot of nuance and we will do our best to remove a lot of that complexity. Make it as inclusive as possible for everyone to participate without having to worry about risking their coins.
Pages:
Jump to: