Author

Topic: Do I need to sell all alts? - page 142. (Read 10327 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 100
January 05, 2018, 08:49:03 AM
Try to hold it and then monitor the exchange so that you are aware what's happening then if the value continue to go down that's the time you will decide weather you sell it or you keep it. You are here to earn money.
Activity: 406
January 05, 2018, 08:48:35 AM
I suggested on you do not sell all your altcoins.You may check it if they have potentials on the markets.But in trading it always 50 -50 sure or risky.Choose the right path decisions
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 05, 2018, 08:47:51 AM
First thing is to figure out why you invested on ALTs. If you just did that without considering the trends, market variation and other analysis, I think you should transfer back to BTC and wait. You should have some targets when you invest on ALTs and once you meet those targets you should sell them.

The main thing is, make a plan of you own and stick to that. Do not get confused by sudden market variations which can make your money vanishes in seconds.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
January 05, 2018, 08:41:49 AM
in here we cannot suggest the best answer for you but you can get the point in here. if you think bitcoin are worth enough to make alone profit then go ahead. but if you selling all altcoins you have. if some altcoins are bubbling again.the you might miss the train. the choice is in your hand.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
January 05, 2018, 08:38:28 AM
Nobody will give you perfect answer. Why do you ask other people what to do?
Better if you have your own strategy, cause in the future you will have great experience and more confidence in your actions.

Good point. Nobody actually knows what will happen next. If they knew they wouldn't spend so much time here but just do the trading.

I think it should be purely your choice without taking anybody's view. If there will be a mistake, let it be yours.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
January 05, 2018, 06:55:19 AM
Nobody will give you perfect answer. Why do you ask other people what to do?
Better if you have your own strategy, cause in the future you will have great experience and more confidence in your actions.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
January 05, 2018, 06:42:09 AM
If you have altcoins that worth $40k then you can sell from it so you can get bitcoin. Don't sell all your altcoins now because if there is any bull run, your altcoins will also pump. So hold some with huge potential now so you won't regret selling off
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
January 04, 2018, 08:58:44 PM
Good day,
 Do you think that BTC is going to reach 20k soon?
 If yes do I need to sell all alts and wait for rising BTC?
 What to do now ? I am confused!!!!

I think there is a chance for bitcoin to reach $20k in this year due to a specific factor.
But are you really sure that you want to sell your altcoins? I think you will regret it soon if you plan to sell it all because altcoin which you hold maybe has huge potential its price to rise in the near time.
You could try to choose the good ones and HODL it, don't sell it all over.     
Activity: 238
January 04, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
Don't think that would be wise. You need to have a diversified portfolio, so it is best to sell part of your alts to accumulate BTC, and keep the rest as a safeguard.
Activity: 252
January 04, 2018, 07:50:20 PM
It is all depend on your stratgies. If you think that you profit a lot in altcoins then don't sell it. But if you think bitcoin has more profit then try to sell some of your altcoins so you can try bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
January 04, 2018, 07:36:23 PM
Good day,
You can try, but never know what can happen. Don't try to get all money, you can't. Just hold your investments for longterm.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
January 04, 2018, 07:34:57 PM
Good day,
Op, you need not to be confuse for there are some good altcoin that has a potential growth in the nearest future which one really to invest his or her money after due diligent such as Ripple, Stratis, lisk, IOTA and the rest of them that has greater future.
I think bitcoin prices will go up to $20k is still only a prediction and whenever bitcoin prices can go down. as some time ago bitcoin prices dropped from $17k to $13k. and that just happens when many people still think bitcoin prices will break $20k. so any possibility could happen dude. you'd better have a backup plan and the plan contains other investments besides bitcoin namely in altcoin. many potential altcoins as mentioned. You do not have to sell all your altcoins dude..
Activity: 406
January 04, 2018, 07:25:16 PM
I think you need to hold whatever you have in your portfolio, and be patient enough to wait for a few years.
Most of the people who bought bitcoin at $1 or $10 didn't become super rich because they took profit too quickly. If you truly believe in crypto, then hold. If you just want to take some quick money, then I don't have any idea.

I agree with you completely. Only patient investors receive the greatest profit. Do not worry about the fact that coins have become cheaper for a while. You just have to wait and believe in them.
Activity: 30
Merit: 6
January 04, 2018, 07:19:43 PM
I think you need to hold whatever you have in your portfolio, and be patient enough to wait for a few years.
Most of the people who bought bitcoin at $1 or $10 didn't become super rich because they took profit too quickly. If you truly believe in crypto, then hold. If you just want to take some quick money, then I don't have any idea.
Activity: 265
January 04, 2018, 07:14:38 PM
It all depends on your plans and market conditions. If some of your altcoins are in a good plus, then you can sell the part. If bitcoin starts to grow, the altcoins will fall and you'll buy your altcoins back cheaper. If now your altcoins are low in price, then there is no point in selling them if they are promising. With the growth of bitcoin, there may coincide an event or news related to altcoin and the price will also go up. Then you will lose by exchanging it now for bitcoin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 07:03:47 PM
Bitcoin price is continuously rising so there is a possibility that it can reach to $20k or more soon, but for your question that if you need to sell all your alts is it depends on you. If you think that you can have profit from that alt why would you sell that? but if you think it is more profitable to invest in bitcoin you better buy now. But if you want you can divide your investment, sell some of your alts then buy bitcoin for more profits.
Activity: 308
Loyalty Programs on Blockchain
January 04, 2018, 06:59:45 PM
Why sell all the coins? After all, if you keep them for several months, they will bring you more profit. Sometimes it is more profitable than daily trading
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
January 04, 2018, 06:50:04 PM
Good day,
Yes Bitcoin value will reach $20,000 in the nearest future and doesn't mean that some other altcoins will not appreciate in value or not worth invest in them at all op. If you will compared the Bitcoin current value to maybe if it move to $20,000 to some altcoins with potential growth in value, I believe those types of altcoins will be more beneficial to Bitcoin investment though with higher risk so, do your research well before you invest your money.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 06:42:37 PM
I think the value of alts will rise now as the value of ethereum has raised recently. Almost many of the new coins are based on ethereum blockchain. Ethereum if goes sky then i guess alts will also. Or better buy Ethereum selling your alts.
Activity: 392
Merit: 70
January 04, 2018, 06:36:33 PM
to minimize risks, ideally to have a portfolio of 50% / 50% btc / allts.
do not rush everything to sell and exchange for a fiat or btc
Jump to: