Author

Topic: Do I need to sell all alts? - page 137. (Read 10327 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
January 07, 2018, 08:59:27 AM
Haha. No of course
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
January 07, 2018, 08:47:29 AM
It depends on what altcoins you are holding , because some of them can make you rich in nearest future . I'd suggest you to never hold only one coin (Bitcoin or something else , doesn't matter) , this is a very risky strategy .
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
January 07, 2018, 08:41:53 AM
You can also sell them now if you have words from altcoin and buy them if bitcoin increases and altcoin decreases. If you are having an altcoin hole I think you should hold them until it is profitable to sell altcoin.
selling altcoin should be in good preparation. not to sell altcoin at the moment the price position is at a low point. you can sell altcoin if haga position is high and buy bitcoin to make investment.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 07, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
I think Bitcoin will increase to $20k in the coming time and will increase again. 2018 will be a successful year for blockchain technology.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
January 07, 2018, 08:13:32 AM
BTC may reach 20K in couple of days trading around 17000$ but altcoins took its original position where all the coins trade based on potential if you really believing on coinf for long term then hold it . If your short time investor then take the profit.
Activity: 340
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 08:09:38 AM
You can also sell them now if you have words from altcoin and buy them if bitcoin increases and altcoin decreases. If you are having an altcoin hole I think you should hold them until it is profitable to sell altcoin.
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
January 07, 2018, 08:07:39 AM
Some alts are very good investment specially in long term runs. I personally think that eth will be as big as btc now in just few years so it's wise if keep your eth. But if you have other alts that you don't trust that much or doesn't show potential to grow then you should sell it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
January 07, 2018, 07:55:45 AM
Good day,
 Do you think that BTC is going to reach 20k soon?
 If yes do I need to sell all alts and wait for rising BTC?
 What to do now ? I am confused!!!!

It's possible for the bitcoin price to reach 20k USD, but the price right now is still stuck at $15,000-$16,999. We are already at good position though, because last week the price dropped to $13k and now the price bounce back to the $15k+ again. If the price start go up, it's better to turn all your altcoins into btc.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
January 07, 2018, 07:34:43 AM
Why you selling ALTs? Btc is rising and dumping more than ALTs for last corrections. For example, last time btc dumped to 40%, my ALTs dumped about 20-30% only. Think twice before sell ALTs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
January 07, 2018, 07:21:37 AM
Good day,
 Do you think that BTC is going to reach 20k soon?
 If yes do I need to sell all alts and wait for rising BTC?
 What to do now ? I am confused!!!!
Your main goal why you bought a lot of altcoin is because of Bitcoin, isn't it? So if you think that selling all your altcoins so that you can buy or you can trade it in Bitcoin, why not. It is worthier to invest in bitcoin. After that, keep it or hold it until the price will blow up.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
January 07, 2018, 07:06:59 AM
I sold my altcoins ( CMT, FLIXX, QVT) on 2 January without research and thought that they are not going to increase further and they will fall down but now they are trading at almost double rate. I made haste. I have seen the trend in the market now there is having a lot buying and selling of altcoins. If you just want to sale your altcoins, I suggest you to hold till the end of march, they will increase in price hopefully but if for trading purpose you want to sell them then it's fine. If you want to convert them into fiat currency then you better hold some time, wait for an attractive high price and than sale.
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
January 06, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
Never sell all of your holding when it seems the market is going to fall..it is big mistake. This can be a trap of big players. You sell - and buy after much more expensive . So, best decision is not to sell anything, if you are long  holder) But other possible decision is to buy just 40-50% of holding, so it is not so risky.
Activity: 138
January 06, 2018, 03:35:55 PM
I don't think it could go back to 20k like before.
Activity: 207
The future is your Genome
January 06, 2018, 03:34:39 PM
You dont need to do that if you are confident your alts are in solid state they wont get burned too much when BTC moves.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
January 06, 2018, 03:33:04 PM
this depends on your own beliefs, are you sure bitcoin prices can rise again, or even altcoin that will go up. it is usually when bitcoin prices rise then almost all atlcoin prices will go down, so is the opposite
Activity: 85
Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System
January 06, 2018, 03:30:45 PM
One thing why would you sell your alts?
If this is your trading strategy then you need to rebuild your strategy...
In my opinion hold some alts because 2018 will be alts year

Good advice. Because if you sell your alts now, you might be regretting so much later this year. 2018 is expected to be the year of alts. We will see a lot of 100X coins that will make us good amount of money.
Activity: 516
Merit: 105
January 06, 2018, 03:26:24 PM
Why sell altcoins?
You definitely hold them for some time, so keep on, and when you need money, sell them.
And the fact that the price of a bitcoin grows should not change the weather for you
Activity: 742
January 06, 2018, 03:17:11 PM
If you have a more coin so you can sell your altcoin but at first you need to calculate your profit margin then if you feel your margin is ok so you can sell or margin is low more then your profit so you can still hold your coin for your better profit.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 06, 2018, 03:13:01 PM
You need to decide what your are trading and what you are hodling. If you are hodling then it means you believe the coin is going up long term - so you can buy more when BTC goes crazy and alt prices drop.
Activity: 574
January 06, 2018, 03:03:55 PM
The question here is why did you invest in the altcoin you are holding! If you can not answer the why question you should hurry to an exchange and sell your altcoin. Buy bitcoin and keep your bitcoin for 5 years. Otherwise, you should be holding your altcoib

I agree, unless you earn your altcoins through different means like campaigns then I don't think that there is a problem selling them unless you want to see them increase in value and hold them but with the risk of rendering them with less value on what you have now. Regardless if you want to play it safe then sell your altcoins now but if not then hold it and wait for the market price to increase.
Jump to: