Pages:
Author

Topic: Do not post off-topic replies - page 3. (Read 230013 times)

Activity: 536
Merit: 513
June 02, 2018, 12:36:41 PM
Surely i'll let you know, but if I have any query or doubt related to any subject on the forum, I can ask right?
theymos was talking about posts that are not related to the OP of that thread.  Of course you can post anything as long as it is related to the OP of that thread, otherwise you should start a new topic in an appropriate section where the new topic fits.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 02:41:46 AM
Off-topic replies have become a big problem. From now on, I will be deleting such replies without notice, forum-wide. If your replies disappear, this is probably why.

All replies must respond to the topic's original post in some way, even if they are replying to an on-topic reply. If your reply has nothing to do with the topic post, either add some content that is relevant or create a new topic.

Please report off-topic posts as soon as you see them.

Surely i'll let you know, but if I have any query or doubt related to any subject on the forum, I can ask right?
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
May 28, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
That what I thought affected my account. But the issues is will I reinstate back again after writing all the apology etc. Please I need help plss.

You do realize you are ban evading and could get this account banned as well?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-list-of-official-bitcointalkorg-rules-guidelines-faq-703657

25. If you get banned (temporary or permanently) and create a new account to continue posting / sending PMs, it's considered ban evasion. The only exception is creating a thread in Meta about your ban.
Activity: 126
May 28, 2018, 06:27:06 AM
That what I thought affected my account. But the issues is will I reinstate back again after writing all the apology etc. Please I need help plss.
copper member
Activity: 164
May 28, 2018, 04:53:23 AM
What do you mean by off topic, if I am replying with Thank you for the very informative information? Does it counts as off- topic as well?
Activity: 126
May 28, 2018, 04:47:29 AM
Sir In my other account I was banned due to off topics status have written an apology to the email on my home page.  PETER2680 pls Sir is there any assurance that my account will be open again sir.  Please sir. I am a novice of this but have learnt my lesson.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
May 11, 2018, 03:07:07 AM
I see what you're saying. This is the place where minds meet, ideas are born, information is shared, and people are advanced who care enough about the Bitcoin. But, they provided a reply related to a preferred topic rather than something related to the current topic of conversation.

Let's make this forum better!
Activity: 536
Merit: 513
May 09, 2018, 09:01:26 AM
I do not want to post the wrong topic but to me it is very difficult, because I do not know much about it
I would suggest you to look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0 for a while and get yourself used to that section.  Then you can post there asking questions without making off topic posts.  You can then go and look at other sections for a while without posting, and repeat the process.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk
April 27, 2018, 05:27:39 PM
What is off topic depends of lot of the interpretation the moderator gives to your post ...

I am pretty sure, as a computer scientist, that my last deleted post was not off-topic ...   most of the time I even make citation of scientific papers etc.
Honestly how come people talking about bootstrapping p2p system without mention or do analogies the history of modern computer Huh  
Activity: 24
April 05, 2018, 02:04:02 AM
Off-topic replies have become a big problem. From now on, I will be deleting such replies without notice, forum-wide. If your replies disappear, this is probably why.

All replies must respond to the topic's original post in some way, even if they are replying to an on-topic reply. If your reply has nothing to do with the topic post, either add some content that is relevant or creates a new topic.

Detecting posts outside of this topic if the manual is felt to be difficult is there an additional app on bitcointalk.org to detect the same word in the next thread or make it automatically erased when it finds posts off topic.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
March 19, 2018, 09:26:07 PM
Sir, many have been reported already but still their post hasn't been removed yet. It's kinda annoying to see those posts everyday shitting on this section also on the forum itself.
I know you're kinda busy but still I hope that you'll be able to do something about it, that's why I, as one with OP of the thread proposing that newbies will be given the limit or be prohibit by opening their threads. I thought its a best thing to do for them to focus on reading and searching.
Activity: 11
March 11, 2018, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: theymos on June 10, 2011, 04:39:36 AM

All replies must respond to the topic's original post in some way, even if they are replying to an on-topic reply. If your reply has nothing to do with the topic post, either add some content that is relevant or create a new topic.

Please report off-topic posts as soon as you see.

I very much agree with this.  I read and understand first the topics very carefully before commenting on it.
Activity: 37
March 07, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
I don't post anything in any section I just surf and try ti accumulate informations about btcs Smiley
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 06:05:31 AM
I agree with the merit program now, but in this forum users from all over the world, and many also are not proficient in english, with not adept in english, the post can be out of the topic Grin
Activity: 24
March 03, 2018, 01:41:58 AM
I'm trying to keep away from whole of btcs and I am never going to join there
Activity: 196
March 01, 2018, 11:51:21 PM
agreed ..i truely support the terms..
Activity: 70
February 23, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

So I saw XMen: First Class the other day, it was actually pretty good ... there was was this one scene where everyo....

JK. Will report those posts as necessary.

to use lacedwithkerosen's reply as an example.
if he did not include the last line "JK. Will report those posts as necessary." this post when reported would've gotten 100% accuracy rating being that it is irrelevant the topic.

Now, is it true to say his reply is 100% relevant to the topic, because of the last line. resulting in a 0% accuracy rating if reported.
Or is this percentage adjusted by the messages' majority relevance to the topic. eg.  of the 168 characters in lacedwithkerosen's reply  41 of them are relevant to the message. would that then make the accuracy rating 24% accurate if reported.
Activity: 176
Merit: 1
February 23, 2018, 09:37:27 AM
The concept of off/on topic in threads is really really difficult. The solution I've been most successful with (and I'm pre-Internet chatforum moderator old) is to have the original poster decide when the discussion that follows is on or off topic.

Else you end up in situations where the thread starter is fully ok with the discussion and a moderator starts deleting posts.

(In this case it should be somewhat easy for moderators to see if it's the thread starter that Reports to Moderator with "off topic" as reason)

This is not fair to the people responding to a topic, IMO. People who reply to topics should know that if they are on-topic and they follow the rules, they will not be censored. Also, it is very annoying for reply-writers when they write long, detailed responses and then the topics become off-topic and useless.

Maintaining perfect on-topicness is difficult. In the future, discussions may be made threaded instead of flat, which will basically be like having a system that automatically creates new topics when people are posting off-topic things (in many cases).
I agree. Off topic posts will sometimes lead to another topic especially if others will also reply to that post. It is best to stick to the topic and give more informations that will be of great help to fellow bitcoiners.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
February 22, 2018, 07:59:17 AM
should not be notified after the topic off replay is removed?
because I think it's better with the purpose of the person concerned does not repeat the same thing ..
this is just my advice

You will get a notification after the post has been removed.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
February 17, 2018, 06:24:40 AM

should not be notified after the topic off replay is removed?
because I think it's better with the purpose of the person concerned does not repeat the same thing ..
this is just my advice
Pages:
Jump to: