Author

Topic: Do we Need Altcoin? - page 142. (Read 23653 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 250
January 19, 2018, 11:13:34 AM
There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?
Yes , we need. Altcoins bring us with better bitcoin , and better block chain.We can't let the bitcoin  alone , or it will not changed into be better and better.
Activity: 924
Merit: 251
January 19, 2018, 11:10:14 AM
as long as they make our life easier, we will always need altcoins and most of the new projects are better than the old projects
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
January 19, 2018, 11:05:03 AM
For investing the answer is yes of course. In the other hand for fast money transfer the answer is again yes because Bitcoin network is so busy after it is much valuable.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
If we will have more altcoins, cryptocurrency world will be better. Yes there are many scam and shitty project I dont mean them ubt also there are very good projects with new blockchain technology, structure and algorithms. So other coins enhance and update their system. Highly competitive market becomes better.
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
BIB Exchange
January 19, 2018, 10:45:42 AM
every altcoin have their own path, their own platform so we need altcoin. just like we have many currency in the world
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 10:42:38 AM
Why not, also they have awesome projects for humanity, i have a lot of projects that I like and they are very usefull for humanity.
Activity: 350
January 19, 2018, 09:49:37 AM
There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?

We shouldn't forget that, every coin was a newbie and some of them showed really increadible rising. This is a really low probability that every coin will reach great prices in the future, but I think some of them might bring new profit ways in the future.
Activity: 322
January 19, 2018, 09:47:54 AM
yes, we need altcoins because altcoins are giving much better return then any other investment instrument and it is gaining huge popularity because day by day more new people knowing about altcoins.
Activity: 210
Merit: 24
January 19, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
I think we need altcoins, because they create competition for the already well-known cryptocurrency, and competition forces all the time to upgrade the already existing product
Activity: 212
Merit: 22
Amazix
January 19, 2018, 09:36:00 AM
Yes we need altcoins to increase our Bitcoins because Bitcoin alone won't give that much returns than altcoins because of small market caps. We also need some altcoins for trading between the exchanges because Bitcoin is way slow and high fees.
Activity: 127
January 19, 2018, 09:33:18 AM
Yes ofcourse, we need altcoin, because it can make us to have good profit. And we can have some extra financial aside from our job. And this time altcoins are really indemand. As you can see it on news or internet.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 09:11:00 AM
You are right but your argument that whether we should have altcoins or not is not right because here we can see that these coins were not fixed to be enter in the cryptocurrency market because these are get generated due to technology fault of fork experiment .
So these coins are in this field And also we see another factor that everyone is independent in this world to work , so if anyone want to launch his own coin then surely no one can stop him to launch new coin .
So here these things are making to allow the people to launch Thier own small priced or stupid coins , since we know very well that what is the reality behind this new coin launch ( ICO launch and money making program ) .
Activity: 112
January 19, 2018, 08:35:52 AM
Altcoin is part of the building that gives Bitcoin the power to remain.
altcoin helped make BTC stand out and popular.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 08:22:42 AM
The word “altcoin” is an abbreviation of “Bitcoin alternative,” because at least to some extent, most altcoins hope to either replace or improve upon at least one Bitcoin component. Altcoins are an intriguing facet of the cryptocurrency landscape. They serve an important role. Decentralization is one of Bitcoin’s most prominent goals, and altcoins further decentralize the cryptocurrency community. Moreover, altcoins allow developers to experiment with unique features. But most importantly, Altcoins give Bitcoin a healthy competition. Altcoins give cryptocurrency users alternative options. We can always adopt altcoin, if in any way we feel that bitcoin is too much to handle.

That's right, specifically i guess that different consensus algorythm may lead to best "proof" practices ( as PoW, DPoS and so on..) in order to create and check many suitablest consensus systems for the industries concerned ( wether coin transactions require randomness in computing, some other may better fit a hierarchic distribuited system as plutocracy or pyramidal one)    
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 08:22:18 AM
I always wanted to know this question, so many altcoins now, do we need so much altcoin? Or is it mostly just hype? I never understood what these altcoins did.
Activity: 164
January 19, 2018, 08:21:56 AM

We need like 1/10 of all the altcoins but we need them. For example if there wasnt ethereum, there wouldnt be Bitcoin cash and other forks since there wouldnt be much to change.
Plus there a lot of useful projects behind some altcoins.
Activity: 238
January 19, 2018, 08:19:25 AM
Of course you need, maybe not in the amount in which they appear at the present time. Some time will pass and weak projects will be cut off by themselves, will remain strong with really unique ideas and useful for the crypto world and people.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
January 19, 2018, 08:17:23 AM
Op, many of the altcoins exist or come into existence because yhere is a believe that are lag in some of the existing coins and that was the reason. Though some of the originator introduce new altcoins as an investment opportunities that they eant create something different and make money at the end of the day from their investment.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 19, 2018, 08:04:53 AM
Of course we need them.
Bitcoin has big limitations, and some structural problem, as anyone here knows.
So, it seem to me normal that there are offers for alternative coins.
Activity: 210
January 19, 2018, 07:49:25 AM
The word “altcoin” is an abbreviation of “Bitcoin alternative,” because at least to some extent, most altcoins hope to either replace or improve upon at least one Bitcoin component. Altcoins are an intriguing facet of the cryptocurrency landscape. They serve an important role. Decentralization is one of Bitcoin’s most prominent goals, and altcoins further decentralize the cryptocurrency community. Moreover, altcoins allow developers to experiment with unique features. But most importantly, Altcoins give Bitcoin a healthy competition. Altcoins give cryptocurrency users alternative options. We can always adopt altcoin, if in any way we feel that bitcoin is too much to handle.
Jump to: