Author

Topic: Do we Need Altcoin? - page 154. (Read 23653 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2017, 05:56:00 AM
Most of the new coins are just for quick profit where newbie lost all they have and owner of the coin + early investors get richer.

If coin/project is not offering something different than there is no need for new coins but every coin is poping out with big claims of replacing bitcoin  Grin Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
December 06, 2017, 05:39:35 AM
The influx of altcoin on daily basis is the downside of Decentralization! Anyone can create any altcoin at wish and in a matter of hours! We do not need more alt but you can not stop more alt from been created! The good news however is that many low quality alt will die eventually
Activity: 219
Merit: 10
December 06, 2017, 05:34:11 AM
Yes . Altcoin is a passive for me so i want altcoin .
Activity: 322
December 06, 2017, 05:11:12 AM
altcoins are good and we need it for good profit. if altcoin developers provide awesome projects
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
December 06, 2017, 05:06:08 AM
Altcoins have technologies that Bitcoin doesn't have, ofcourse they are needed. Plus some Altcoins give out better bursts in profit that Bitcoin. To fully benefit from Bitcoin profit you need to be in it long term, and the way things are going, it will be too late to get the most out of Bitcoin since there is a limited supply of it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 06, 2017, 04:48:53 AM
Every traders need to trade altcoins because it give us a lot of profits than ever you can imagine,if you are a holder dont go with alts buy BTC only.
you are right , if no altcoins where traders can get fast profit because trade bitcoin - fiat need big capital to get big profit. if with altcoins, it is possibly to reach 100-1000% profit in 1 single coins when they get pumped
Activity: 58
December 06, 2017, 04:42:26 AM
I would say that 1% of these coins will bring something good to the ecossytem, either independently or as something that can be used as a implementation in Bitcoin. But that's also say that 99% of altcoins will make a lot of people lose money.
Activity: 462
December 06, 2017, 04:31:45 AM
There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?

Yes, we need alternative coins, as Bitcoin is not more the safest and the fastest one. Its transactions take 10-15 minutes, which is a very long time in cryptoworld. Mining for it is not more profitable, while you can easily get profit from mining os some alts (Zcash for instance).
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
December 06, 2017, 04:31:07 AM
I would say Yes, at least for the sake of diversity (remember that it's always wise that investors diversify their holdings)
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
December 06, 2017, 04:28:55 AM
There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?

I think we do need them in so many ways. There are so many uses of altcoins. Altcoins have covered so wide a niche that it has almost reach the point of entering into all the aspects of life. There are altcoins used for hotels. There are those that are generally used as a currency such as Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. There are also other who are used simply as tokens. So in other words, altcoins may be used in so many ways.
Activity: 63
December 06, 2017, 04:26:34 AM
I really think that some altcoins have a role to play in the future. Some alts have very good features that are very difficult to be implemented in Bitcoin and distribution methods that allow them to be distributed more widely.

However, among the alts you mention, I think only Bitcoin Gold have good chances to survive.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 04:26:02 AM
Every traders need to trade altcoins because it give us a lot of profits than ever you can imagine,if you are a holder dont go with alts buy BTC only.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 04:21:46 AM
Oh yes we do need altcoins. This is the best way to improve the tech behind crypto.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
December 06, 2017, 04:14:57 AM

There are Altcoins, like Ethereum, IOTA, Stellar, that can give massive profit if you invest in them carefully. BCash, BGold and so forth don't seem to have much good potential.
Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
December 06, 2017, 04:13:59 AM
We need Altcoins if we cannot afford investing Bitcoin. Every product has it's rival so Altcoins will do Bitcoin's capabilities that what Cryptocurrencies are made for. We need Cryptocurrency because it is the best alternative for Cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
December 06, 2017, 04:11:18 AM

Not all altcoins are trying to compete against Bitcoin, look at LBRY (LBC), that is a Decentralised media sharing protocol that you can use to share content and cut out the middle man for payments.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
December 06, 2017, 04:10:50 AM
Altkoins are like a small business in a traditional economy. They push the economy forward, popularize the crypto currency. But not all, there is a lot of scum that only hurts, both to investors and the general idea of ​​crypto-currencies.
Activity: 235
ENTRY cryptocurrency
December 06, 2017, 03:47:17 AM
I prefer to trade altcoins to earn more BTCs,if you dont want to stress yourself buy long term coins like ethereum,LTC,waves.
Activity: 210
December 06, 2017, 03:44:16 AM
The self-evident enticement may be to say that there are excessively a number of them. After all, those cryptocurrency business sectors are littered with crummy coins that include minimal specialized , and which need no reasonable objective or Group support.  Frequently they’re 'flashcoins', propelled advanced mobile fraudsters, expectation pumping and dumping to An quick buck. Whichever way, large portions altcoins similar to those quick sustenance from claiming crypto. So i think we need them
Activity: 257
December 06, 2017, 03:42:10 AM
Depends on you,if you are trading to earn more btc you need to trade alts especially daily traders like me,if you are a long time holder you can opt out to buy alts jsut go for the BTC.
Jump to: