Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we want to continue to allow various vendor hate in here? - page 4. (Read 17318 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
So are staff getting anywhere with this thread or did it die in offtopic? Smiley
Activity: 238
Bit coin mining AS killed people. One that springs to mind is the dude that was sleeping in his mining room and died through heat exhaustion. So I'm sorry to say your wrong. Bit coin mining AS killed! :-)

Impressive that he was able to post on a forum after he died.

I've looked for the article but Google is so fixed that it just wants to show bitcoin is dieing! No surprises there! Of cause he didnt report his own death though, How does your brain work to even suggest such a thing!!!

He didn't die, he just posted on a forum claiming he suffered from heatstroke while he slept.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
[ANN] Tin foil group buy!

0.2 BTC per roll.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Bit coin mining AS killed people. One that springs to mind is the dude that was sleeping in his mining room and died through heat exhaustion. So I'm sorry to say your wrong. Bit coin mining AS killed! :-)

I've looked for the article but Google is so fixed that it just wants to show bitcoin is dieing! No surprises there! Of cause he didnt report his own death though, How does your brain work to even suggest such a thing!!!

Face facts: this is a modern day gold rush, and this sub-forum especially must reflect exactly the state of the fever until that's over. The supreme irony is that this thread has brought out the full cast of goblins and sky-spirits, if anything only to somehow help prove that they're genuine. It's a lesson in life, make of the circus what you will, but it cannot be controlled, tamed, reasoned with or made sensible. It is not possible.

Sad, but we are animals, the best we can do is a sincere attempt to be rational. And attempted exploitation of animal instincts will continue while we are all still biological.

And so the only genuine solution is trans-humanism  Cheesy Who's first on the operating slab?  Grin

Seriously dude! Stop supporting the elite and realise the truth! WE'RE ALL BEEN LIED TO ABOUT EVERYTHING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zc0ICPoqlM
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Face facts: this is a modern day gold rush, and this sub-forum especially must reflect exactly the state of the fever until that's over. The supreme irony is that this thread has brought out the full cast of goblins and sky-spirits, if anything only to somehow help prove that they're genuine. It's a lesson in life, make of the circus what you will, but it cannot be controlled, tamed, reasoned with or made sensible. It is not possible.

Sad, but we are animals, the best we can do is a sincere attempt to be rational. And attempted exploitation of animal instincts will continue while we are all still biological.

And so the only genuine solution is trans-humanism  Cheesy Who's first on the operating slab?  Grin

Not me, but I'm certainly down with the finished product!
Anyway, who said I passed?
Finally I see some a hint of some real introspection from you. Maybe this picture will help you to reflect some more.

Unlike the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilkoot_Pass mining of Bitcoin isn't going to actually kill anyone. The effect on their personal finances will be similar, but they are very likely to survive the adventure and maybe even get motivated to learn & understand the things like "international trade finance" and "P&L analysis".

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068
Finally I see some a hint of some real introspection from you. Maybe this picture will help you to reflect some more.

Unlike the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilkoot_Pass mining of Bitcoin isn't going to actually kill anyone. The effect on their personal finances will be similar, but they are very likely to survive the adventure and maybe even get motivated to learn & understand the things like "international trade finance" and "P&L analysis".
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001
The problem is that I can't present bitcoin to my friends or students as something sane people would have anything to do with while there is this level of incivility in the forums.
On the whole, these postings make us all look like kooks & hotheads.  If we manage to make bitcoin lose it's value by acting stupid, any damage we may think that a vendor has done simply does not matter.
Why only "look like kooks & hotheads"? We are kooks & hotheads, this is what makes the Bitcoin millieu such an interesting subject for psychology, sociology, antropology and other humanities.

Who gave you a certificate that you are neither a kook nor a hothead? What was the testing protocol?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068
The problem is that I can't present bitcoin to my friends or students as something sane people would have anything to do with while there is this level of incivility in the forums.
On the whole, these postings make us all look like kooks & hotheads.  If we manage to make bitcoin lose it's value by acting stupid, any damage we may think that a vendor has done simply does not matter.
Why only "look like kooks & hotheads"? We are kooks & hotheads, this is what makes the Bitcoin millieu such an interesting subject for psychology, sociology, antropology and other humanities.

Who gave you a certificate that you are neither a kook nor a hothead? What was the testing protocol?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
As long as the 'ignore' button works I don't see what the problem is.

Don't forget the fact that silk road is the big starting point for Bitcoin popularity and a big reason why Bitcoin has succeeded.

You'll certainly not want them to know that either ... keep them away from Bitcoin Smiley

Your friends and students shouldn't be buying ASIC mining hardware, if they don't have a deep understanding of how everything works in order to evaluate their prospects. They should be scared of buying hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

Do what most other forums do.  Contain it to one thread.  When a poster makes post after post that follow closely the same line of conversation of another thread.  Close it and have the last response point to the other thread that is already covering that topic.

Moderators need to use their opinion as to whether the subject deserves a new topic or not.  But in this way, you are not removing what anyone is saying, you are simply consolidating where the conversation is happening into the proper thread. 

I agree, we don't need frothing BFL hate in a KnC thread, for example.
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
Do what most other forums do.  Contain it to one thread.  When a poster makes post after post that follow closely the same line of conversation of another thread.  Close it and have the last response point to the other thread that is already covering that topic.

Moderators need to use their opinion as to whether the subject deserves a new topic or not.  But in this way, you are not removing what anyone is saying, you are simply consolidating where the conversation is happening into the proper thread. 

Activity: 406
I support Bitcointalk.org upholding first amendment right to free speech but also respectfully following  Bitcointalk.org's posting guidelines.

With that said, if you find the thread of interest but dislike a posters posts feel free to ignore poster(s).

If the thread is not of interest move on through the forum and find a thread that is of interest to you.

Don't tread on me!
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Pages:
Jump to: