Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 103. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.
on this moment i dont sell my coins just bought something with it but these time is not the best time to sell your coins. You can better wait a it longer you know he will rise allot after these month for sure.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
It is more on daily gambling habits actually, people who uses bitcoin came from the gambling industries and may next is in trading industries. With the advent of the online gambling sites now accepting bitcoins then there is a good exposure for bitcoins and expect in the future for more gambling sites to be establish,

Nowadays, very few people waste their coins on gambling. In 2011 and 2012, there were so few options available for users to spend their coins. Most of them tried their luck on sites such as Satoshi-Dice, since Bitcoin was not being accepted anywhere else. But the situation has changed now. Currently there are a lot of options to spend your coins.
Spending Bitcoin will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is now not even that high and that must change soon.
If that will change soon than there will be a lot of people that is getting a lot of profit and that would be nice.

I dont really mind if i spend my bitcoin for this early stage as long as im using it for good, but my other ways where i spend my bitcoins is at gambling,tradings and investing and i think majority of us do the same way as i do, because thats the only use for bitcoin for now.

yes i think everyone is almost equal in spending bitcoin, especially bitcoin is still rare accepted at the online store, so it's mostly just using bitcoin to investing, gambling or better replace it to fiat.
Yes I am mostly active in spending my bitcoins it was a big help for me as well as to my sister. This bitcoin is what I always used whenever I am short of my salary and when pay day is still too far I encash them for daily needs to be able to come for work. I use them also to buy some food and drinks something which is necessary. Bitcoin has been a big help for me all though out and I am very thankful for the person who introduces me to this world. I should get some time to thank and treat that person someday for helping me until now.
Activity: 420
I sometimes spend some of my Bitcoin but I try to not do it to often because you know that they are worth some money and the value still can go up.
So I try to do it ass less as possible.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
I honestly do not spend them actively,  I think that spending them now is just not smart due to the fact the bitcoin has a very good future a head with the halving.
Good idea of yours, you rather save it and hope for the price to substantially rise in the future. And brother, that is possible as the halving is nearing people are expecting for price to rise due to some realistic speculation in the community. You just need to understand the risk first, and if you have already embrace it then you are good to go, you will probably profit as long as you believe.
Activity: 434
I honestly do not spend them actively,  I think that spending them now is just not smart due to the fact the bitcoin has a very good future a head with the halving.
Activity: 465
for tthis time now no i dont spent my bitcoina actually and that's because of the price drop. Why would people use bitcoins now if they got them for a higher price. Then they all will be stupid so don't ask stupid questions.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
Whenever I am in need of money, I sell some of my coins and convert it to my local currency, I haven't purchased anything online yet, as to buy anything fiat can take care off, so saving my coins for future.
yes it was good, and more fun to buy something in offline, because bitcoin is still limited to online payment.
I also do the same as you, switch to fiat and then go buy anything.

Well that's the fact that it is still limited to buy online with bitcoins because still many stores are not yet accepting it as their payment.
But I know it will happen soon that they will adopt bitcoin.

yeah it all depends on the user bitcoin, if all countries are already using bitcoin. the shop owner will not hesitate to accept bitcoin payments
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
That's true people with most bitcoins are the ones who are actively spending their bitcoins thru digital gambling especially now,
gambling with bitcoins it makes the people more convenient to gamble with the use of bitcoin.
I guess most of the those who uses Bitcoin are gamblers since there are more active gambling sites than online shops that accepts Bitcoin. I don't have the number to prove that but a gambler can spend 1 BTC or more in a day but an online shopper will not buy anything online worth 1 BTC in a day. Just my thoughts.
Activity: 364
Spending your Bitcoins will be bad now around this time and that is because you can earn more money later if you are waiting for a nice value and price rise but that can takes a long time.
And the other thing is that you have to wait until it will become more acceptable and that can be also bad because you need patience for it.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Some spend their bitcoins in gambling because they found it very easy to use that gambling with FIAT. But this coming halving is a good opportunity to invest in bitcoins to have something to harvest in the future.

That's true people with most bitcoins are the ones who are actively spending their bitcoins thru digital gambling especially now,
gambling with bitcoins it makes the people more convenient to gamble with the use of bitcoin.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
Whenever I am in need of money, I sell some of my coins and convert it to my local currency, I haven't purchased anything online yet, as to buy anything fiat can take care off, so saving my coins for future.
Yeah for now it's better not spend your money if not for important thing because halving is closer so don't miss this moment to get high profit.

Exactly we need to save our coins for future as halving will show us some best price of bitcoin so we really should hold it for long time to earn maximum profits.
Some spend their bitcoins in gambling because they found it very easy to use that gambling with FIAT. But this coming halving is a good opportunity to invest in bitcoins to have something to harvest in the future.
That's me because I am spending my bitcoins in gambling, I am gambling regularly as I am having a real fun while doing it. Because of the easy requirements of the bitcoins online gambling site, I was able gamble with an ease. My countries restriction was bypass and that gives me a good opportunity to enjoy my life more.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
Yeah for now it's better not spend your money if not for important thing because halving is closer so don't miss this moment to get high profit.

Exactly we need to save our coins for future as halving will show us some best price of bitcoin so we really should hold it for long time to earn maximum profits.
Activity: 952

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I immediately convert to USD to avoid volatility. My BTC services are purely about the service I offer and I don't wish to add speculation to that mix. I may speculate someday.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
As of now im limitating myself to spend my bitcoins in any shop cause im waiting for the halving to start .from then i can now use my bitcoins regularly
legendary
Activity: 1218
yes it was good, and more fun to buy something in offline, because bitcoin is still limited to online payment.

Well that's the fact that it is still limited to buy online with bitcoins because still many stores are not yet accepting it as their payment.

Its just a matter of time we will find many online and offline stores that will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment, till then hold your coins and save it for future.
I actively redeem my bitcoin in the form of dollars, but I do not spend it. because I keep some to bitcoin prices rose. I need the bucks to satisfy my needs, and to enjoy the fruits of my hard work
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

@Zebedee23, what are the BTC debit cards like? i have recently really been considering getting one as from what i understand they can be used anywhere, however i have read from a few people that sometimes transactions don't go through even if there are enough bitcoins on the card to confirm a purchase and some have had to wait weeks/months to receive cards that they have already pre-loaded with btc.
Its definitely something i want to support, but i don't want to have to put up with any issues come payment time, i just want to pay and go

BTC debit card is just like the usual debit card. It is just funded with bitcoin.

One example is Coinsbank (previously Bit-X) (you can click on my signature). For others you may refer here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2017-bitcoin-debit-card-reviews-1410577
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-debit-cards-updated-1155883

Also here in Services Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0

For more info and to answer all your queries and concern including the one you posted, you may head up directly to the main site of your chosen bitcoin debit card.
Activity: 303

Its just a matter of time we will find many online and offline stores that will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment, till then hold your coins and save it for future.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers

Jump to: