Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 108. (Read 257603 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
There is a store I sometime shop at that takes BTC. http://www.mission-market.net/

It's out of the way for me most of the time. But whenever I'm in the area I stop by and buy a Sandwich or soda.

They also have a store by angel stadium that also has a bitcoin ATM.

Well its good to see some companies working with bitcoin soo for you ,if you in the area thats your point were you would go because they work with bitcoin,that makes the difference for sure,how about the prices are similiar the market but converted into bitcoins?I hope one day i can walk do the same as you be able to spend some bitcoins.

Their POS(Point of Sale) rings up in USD say $7.38 then when i select pay with bitcoin it's converted to BTC at the current rate on the merchants exchange and displays a QR code that is payment address and amount.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
Not at the moment, but I hope in the near future. Or maybe after halving. I only use a portion of my BTC to trade altcoins, so that can be considered spending, right? Paying BTC in stores is something I'd like to experience but the options are very limited here in my place.
It will be not the smartest thing that you can do now because the value is now not high enough to sell it so you can better wait a longer time so you also can spend it more.
But the bad thing is that you have to know that there will be more people that is going to have some Bitcoin and that you also dont know what the value will be soon.

Theres nothing wrong for selling bitcoin now if the holders really needs money for important things he wants to use hes money, like me i am actively spending my bitcoin in daily basis i dont care if i cant get profit for price rise of bitcoin and thats ok because price will remain high and i still get profited because im still using bitcoin, and bitcoin is money and intentted to caahout and buy what you whant.

Selling coins is purely a reason based.

If a holder doesn't need money just go on and wait for the desired price to sell

On the other hand, if a holder really needs money, then do what is right thing to do.

Theres no such thing as 'its not the right moment to sell' or 'its not smart to sell today'. It depends on the person. Other traders make profit by doing regular trades and not just by holding.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
Not at the moment, but I hope in the near future. Or maybe after halving. I only use a portion of my BTC to trade altcoins, so that can be considered spending, right? Paying BTC in stores is something I'd like to experience but the options are very limited here in my place.
It will be not the smartest thing that you can do now because the value is now not high enough to sell it so you can better wait a longer time so you also can spend it more.
But the bad thing is that you have to know that there will be more people that is going to have some Bitcoin and that you also dont know what the value will be soon.

Theres nothing wrong for selling bitcoin now if the holders really needs money for important things he wants to use hes money, like me i am actively spending my bitcoin in daily basis i dont care if i cant get profit for price rise of bitcoin and thats ok because price will remain high and i still get profited because im still using bitcoin, and bitcoin is money and intentted to caahout and buy what you whant.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Bravity is beautiful.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 448
No I do not spend them actively anymore because of the halving that is upcoming, I want to hold as much as possible for the profit you can make with the halving.
Activity: 891
I don't like spending my coins daily. I often keep a stash buried in my wallet for emergency use. On some occasions I does spend them especially when I'm buying an item. But I usually just end up saving my bitcoins and not spending them actively.
Activity: 406
Yes i am. I always actively spend my bitcoin, like buying and paying something online using bitcoin. I also gambling using bitcoin too and every week i'm buy bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Im only using my btc when i go shop online to buy some beautiful bags and shoes nothing else. I want to collect bags and shoes and sell them if i need money
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Almost everyday i use my bitcoins, in buying,shopping and paying for the services i requested to someone who will do the work for me.
Activity: 560
There is a store I sometime shop at that takes BTC. http://www.mission-market.net/

It's out of the way for me most of the time. But whenever I'm in the area I stop by and buy a Sandwich or soda.

Well its good to see some companies working with bitcoin soo for you ,if you in the area thats your point were you would go because they work with bitcoin,that makes the difference for sure,how about the prices are similiar the market but converted into bitcoins?I hope one day i can walk do the same as you be able to spend some bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have spent a small amount on a website online.  As I accumulate more, I will probably spend some as a way to help the bitcoin community.  I don't know of any local bushiness that accept it where I live.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
It will be not that smart if you are spending your Bitcoins and that is because the value is not high enough to make that enough profit so it will be better to wait a longer time.
And we also all know that the halving will come so maybe that will be nice.

Yeah I think you need to hold your coins for next couple of months to make profits from it, and if you sell now you will not get that extra profit that you are looking for.
Activity: 332
I use bitcoin to buy some computers and mining equipment to mine some coins and use the bitcoins again.
Activity: 363
It will be not that smart if you are spending your Bitcoins and that is because the value is not high enough to make that enough profit so it will be better to wait a longer time.
And we also all know that the halving will come so maybe that will be nice.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I have spend some Bitcoins in my life but I have learned not to spend them as much because they are worth allot of money. These coins can go up in value so it is not smart to do.
If you want to buy something online it is better to use creditcard or paypal.

That's true and honestly I feel that selling coins is better then spending it as you have an option to buy things with credit card or fiat currency, but if you sell at higher price then you can hold good volume of fiat.
Activity: 350
I have spend some Bitcoins in my life but I have learned not to spend them as much because they are worth allot of money. These coins can go up in value so it is not smart to do.
If you want to buy something online it is better to use creditcard or paypal.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
It is more on daily gambling habits actually, people who uses bitcoin came from the gambling industries and may next is in trading industries. With the advent of the online gambling sites now accepting bitcoins then there is a good exposure for bitcoins and expect in the future for more gambling sites to be establish,

Nowadays, very few people waste their coins on gambling. In 2011 and 2012, there were so few options available for users to spend their coins. Most of them tried their luck on sites such as Satoshi-Dice, since Bitcoin was not being accepted anywhere else. But the situation has changed now. Currently there are a lot of options to spend your coins.
Spending Bitcoin will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is now not even that high and that must change soon.
If that will change soon than there will be a lot of people that is getting a lot of profit and that would be nice.
Yeah spending them is not the smartest thing to do because you can earn some money with it. So when I want something I like to pay with Paypal or creditcard.
I prefer to convert with fiat money and spend it on real, because it would be more fun, rather than spend online.

Yeah and I think right now we only have that option of converting it to fiat and then spend, but we will see many physical shops that will accept bitcoin as a mode of  payment.

in the future it will probably be a lot of physical stores that accept bitcoin as payment, but all depends on the development of bitcoin. if every year getting better and some countries many of which use bitcoin as a public service. it may happen.

Yes physical stores are really upcoming and they will spread in a lot of country's I think at the end of this year there will be a lot of stores that accept the bitcoin.
I really hope this will happen to be honest.

Would we be able to find physical shops accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment even if the Government of that particular country bans it or declare it as an illegal? I don't think so.
Activity: 462
It is more on daily gambling habits actually, people who uses bitcoin came from the gambling industries and may next is in trading industries. With the advent of the online gambling sites now accepting bitcoins then there is a good exposure for bitcoins and expect in the future for more gambling sites to be establish,

Nowadays, very few people waste their coins on gambling. In 2011 and 2012, there were so few options available for users to spend their coins. Most of them tried their luck on sites such as Satoshi-Dice, since Bitcoin was not being accepted anywhere else. But the situation has changed now. Currently there are a lot of options to spend your coins.
Spending Bitcoin will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is now not even that high and that must change soon.
If that will change soon than there will be a lot of people that is getting a lot of profit and that would be nice.
Yeah spending them is not the smartest thing to do because you can earn some money with it. So when I want something I like to pay with Paypal or creditcard.
I prefer to convert with fiat money and spend it on real, because it would be more fun, rather than spend online.

Yeah and I think right now we only have that option of converting it to fiat and then spend, but we will see many physical shops that will accept bitcoin as a mode of  payment.

in the future it will probably be a lot of physical stores that accept bitcoin as payment, but all depends on the development of bitcoin. if every year getting better and some countries many of which use bitcoin as a public service. it may happen.

Yes physical stores are really upcoming and they will spread in a lot of country's I think at the end of this year there will be a lot of stores that accept the bitcoin.
I really hope this will happen to be honest.
Jump to: