Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 117. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 24, 2016, 03:00:18 PM
No, it is not the time to spend our bitcoins actively, but only passively if feel intense need, nowadays I am preparing for the halving and want to collect a large number of coins and want to see them double up at this halving.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
April 24, 2016, 02:53:33 PM
Do you actively spend your bitcoins?
Of course, I have to pay my bills in some way.

I always keep a percentage of my earnings anyway. I need to think about my future as well.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 24, 2016, 01:43:25 PM
I do use it to top up my mobile phone. It is easier to do and the company I do it through give a discount for doing it using bitcoin. So it is a win for both involved Grin

Ha ha ha, I would like to spend it actively, but I can't because they are no many store are accepting bitcoin.
For me I just like to hold it for now. I don't really need to spend my bitcoin something that I don't use or really want.

Same applies for everyone i suppose. Everyone is eager to spent their coins for real usage.
But the lack of usage makes it good in times where the price is steadily moving up.
Activity: 644
April 24, 2016, 11:04:08 AM
I do use it to top up my mobile phone. It is easier to do and the company I do it through give a discount for doing it using bitcoin. So it is a win for both involved Grin

Ha ha ha, I would like to spend it actively, but I can't because they are no many store are accepting bitcoin.
For me I just like to hold it for now. I don't really need to spend my bitcoin something that I don't use or really want.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 24, 2016, 08:54:51 AM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.
I spend only my bitcoin in buying accesories of my phone but i need to cashout because the seller doesnt accept bitcoin,
And im buying my load in bitcoin because there are store here that accept bitcoin with 5% discount so this is so helpful for me

Me to i cashout money to buy food and gadgets with bitcoin and yes im active spending it because bitcoin is my use to by my needs like GAdgets. But i make sure i have money left in wallet so that i cannot left empty handed. But the wise choice for now is the save and spend later your money because Halving ia coming and price will go up and after halving you can cash out your money and spend it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
April 24, 2016, 08:29:00 AM
Activity: 798
April 24, 2016, 08:24:35 AM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.
I spend only my bitcoin in buying accesories of my phone but i need to cashout because the seller doesnt accept bitcoin,
And im buying my load in bitcoin because there are store here that accept bitcoin with 5% discount so this is so helpful for me
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
April 23, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
nope, because I don't want to spend 40 minutes in public transport to reach coffee shop to buy overpriced coffee just because it is cool:(

I think you mean starbucks. But i understand this point. It is quite hard, even in you live in the city to find a shop which accepts bitcoin.
I hope this will change in time.

The scenario would change with large stores next to us accepting bitcoin, but those days were not near. It takes years to reach such a level of acceptance among stores and people.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
April 23, 2016, 12:18:27 PM
nope, because I don't want to spend 40 minutes in public transport to reach coffee shop to buy overpriced coffee just because it is cool:(

I think you mean starbucks. But i understand this point. It is quite hard, even in you live in the city to find a shop which accepts bitcoin.
I hope this will change in time.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
April 23, 2016, 11:31:15 AM
Activity: 778
April 23, 2016, 11:29:10 AM
Well, I spent almost every week bitcoin I have, and sometimes I exchange it for dollars. but I also have to wait halving bitcoin deposits occur
I think it's better, you don't spend your bitcoin to exchange to the dollar because it would be advantageous if you hold bitcoin and sell bitcoin in your local exchanger when price up but it's your choice.

I think nowdays better to hold bitcoin you will never know when price increasing,so really better to hold. I am holding my coins and waiting for halving cause i belive in profit.

Yeah, i'm sure in the end of April, the price of bitcoin will increase so much. and i think it's the best time to spend your bitcoin by selling all and turn it into fiat.

hay my friend, but my suggestion its still not best time to spend all coin because this is the rising moment price of bitcoin so If you have some bitcoin then hold it and when its worth will take 700$ after that you sell it and make good money.

Yeah spending bitcoin now is not a very good idea because the upcoming price increase is coming and surely You can earn more with that if you have patience to wait  But if you really need to spend to buy foods and service and then why not as long as you spend it in good things and not in uselless matters. And i usually do that spending my bitcoin if i really need spend it.

I would rather use newly bought bitcoins and spent it them using my current stash of bitcoins to spent it on items.
My feeling says the price will go really high this time. Over 500 dollars for sure.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 23, 2016, 07:44:33 AM
Well, I spent almost every week bitcoin I have, and sometimes I exchange it for dollars. but I also have to wait halving bitcoin deposits occur
I think it's better, you don't spend your bitcoin to exchange to the dollar because it would be advantageous if you hold bitcoin and sell bitcoin in your local exchanger when price up but it's your choice.

I think nowdays better to hold bitcoin you will never know when price increasing,so really better to hold. I am holding my coins and waiting for halving cause i belive in profit.

Yeah, i'm sure in the end of April, the price of bitcoin will increase so much. and i think it's the best time to spend your bitcoin by selling all and turn it into fiat.

hay my friend, but my suggestion its still not best time to spend all coin because this is the rising moment price of bitcoin so If you have some bitcoin then hold it and when its worth will take 700$ after that you sell it and make good money.

Yeah spending bitcoin now is not a very good idea because the upcoming price increase is coming and surely You can earn more with that if you have patience to wait  But if you really need to spend to buy foods and service and then why not as long as you spend it in good things and not in uselless matters. And i usually do that spending my bitcoin if i really need spend it.
Activity: 686
April 22, 2016, 07:10:41 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
April 22, 2016, 06:50:53 PM
In my country there are not many ways to spend bitcoin. Therefore i am accumlating as many bitcoins as i can.
Hopefully some day the eco-system here in india will be mature.
You can trade your bitcoins on many online shops that even mediate between you and amazon with good price.
Activity: 868
April 22, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
I spend it on gambling and converting it to fiat when I am need of hard cash, but rest I am holding for the halving to earn extra profits.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
April 22, 2016, 03:41:51 PM
Yes I actively spent my bitcoins, I hold only bitcoins, when I want to buy something not accepting bitcoin I convert to fiat only the exact amount to do it.
i doubt that it is a really great idea to do that, i think that it would be better to use services that you can use to buy stuff with bitcoins from shops that dont accept it though thats just my opinion

i dont spend my bitcoins too much at the moment because i am expecting a big price growth that will possibly happen in the near future though i used to buy pc games with it

That is the right thing to do, as spending is also necessary to see higher price of bitcoin in future as only holding will not serve the purpose in long run.
though there will always be people who will spend their bitcoins so if you will make a smart move you will most probably hold your bitcoins and not do anything else with it

i am buying my bitcoins with the spare money that i have regularly so i think that is a good plan and i never spend any of my bitcoins to be honest and i never will spend it

If you will never spend it then why are you earning it, holding is good till halving to earn additional profits but holding too long can be risky if price falls in future.
He's probably earning it to hold and save to see where the price goes, if it does drop chances are he will exchange it. I doubt there is anyone that will just hold something and never use it in some way, especially if the value starts to decline.
Activity: 840
April 22, 2016, 03:36:13 PM
Yes I actively spent my bitcoins, I hold only bitcoins, when I want to buy something not accepting bitcoin I convert to fiat only the exact amount to do it.
i doubt that it is a really great idea to do that, i think that it would be better to use services that you can use to buy stuff with bitcoins from shops that dont accept it though thats just my opinion

i dont spend my bitcoins too much at the moment because i am expecting a big price growth that will possibly happen in the near future though i used to buy pc games with it

That is the right thing to do, as spending is also necessary to see higher price of bitcoin in future as only holding will not serve the purpose in long run.
though there will always be people who will spend their bitcoins so if you will make a smart move you will most probably hold your bitcoins and not do anything else with it

i am buying my bitcoins with the spare money that i have regularly so i think that is a good plan and i never spend any of my bitcoins to be honest and i never will spend it

If you will never spend it then why are you earning it, holding is good till halving to earn additional profits but holding too long can be risky if price falls in future.
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 22, 2016, 03:29:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
April 22, 2016, 03:25:00 PM

One of the reasons for me to not spend my Bitcoins is indeed that I hold them as an investment. The other reason is simply that there is nothing that I need to buy. And the things that I do need can't be bought with Bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
April 22, 2016, 02:32:51 PM

Jump to: