Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 139. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2016, 06:14:18 PM
I have been holding, and was expecting to keep holding for a few years atleast, to see where the price ends up at. But its kinda boring and was thinking of using some of em.

Depending on the level of "needed use". I would just hold 2 months more until this halving does happen and if it does spark a massive buy order.

Then hopefully you can recoup the time loss - or justify in your view a bit. Like I commented earlier, just be ready to sell regardless if there isnt a buy increase anyways.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2016, 06:11:50 PM
Its not smart now to spend your Bitcoins. The value is not even that high so you wont get much for it. It will be better if you wait a while.
I hope that more people are also waiting. So we can have some more money later in the future when the price is rising.

The real unspoken question is how do you know there will be a massive buy order. And if there isnt, what then?

This is basically what everyones relying on, esp trying to gamble on peoples emotions on fear of missing out on bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
March 07, 2016, 05:57:13 PM
I generally do not spend bitcoins arbitrarily.
Just try to hoard them as long as possible.
But when I need some fiat then I exchange them (although not often) and my main expenditure is when I buy any digital goods from the forum.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
March 07, 2016, 05:49:37 PM
No I do not actively spend any bitcoins these days, well sometimes I do but only with low amounts.
Other than that I'm not spending any bitcoins because of the halving that is coming.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
March 07, 2016, 04:16:37 PM
I have been holding, and was expecting to keep holding for a few years atleast, to see where the price ends up at. But its kinda boring and was thinking of using some of em.

Yeah it will be boring. No fun of risking it or using as a means of online shopping and other stuffs. If you got a really good patience you could do it. Better think of it as a piggy bank for you to not use it.
Activity: 994
March 07, 2016, 02:33:57 PM
I do not spend my bitcoins active if I'm honest due to the fact the bitcoin will got to a high amount.
This is the time to just hold your bitcoins for a price increase that is coming this year because of the halving.
Also due to the fact, I've got 2 wallets for long term and a short term I really happy with it and its working well.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
March 07, 2016, 01:37:55 PM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
March 07, 2016, 01:32:02 PM
Its not smart now to spend your Bitcoins. The value is not even that high so you wont get much for it. It will be better if you wait a while.
I hope that more people are also waiting. So we can have some more money later in the future when the price is rising.

That's actually a good idea and I am trying that as much as I can but we can't still avoid some incidents like for emergency. Even you are trying to save, once there is an emergency and you got nothing , you will be forced to touch your savings, that happened to me several times
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 07, 2016, 11:03:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
March 07, 2016, 10:23:04 AM
No it is not good to spend your Bitcoin now around this time. There is no reason to do that. The value is not that high.
I hope later that more people will use Bitcoin and that the value will rise for a long time, that is very important to me.
yeah we will not know the future of bitcoin. but we can look at previous experience when the bitcoin price from $1 can reach $1000.
so I'm sure for the moment hold and sell in the future. but I'll sell when I need.

Yeah, just hold it at a moment as we don't know what bitcoin holds us for future, either it will reach to the sky or it will simply disappear, but holding at a moment is the best thing to do.

Yes normally I do not dare to hold for long time, because we do not know what will happen in the future. but I tried to hold to wait for halving occurs.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
March 06, 2016, 12:22:03 PM
No it is not good to spend your Bitcoin now around this time. There is no reason to do that. The value is not that high.
I hope later that more people will use Bitcoin and that the value will rise for a long time, that is very important to me.
yeah we will not know the future of bitcoin. but we can look at previous experience when the bitcoin price from $1 can reach $1000.
so I'm sure for the moment hold and sell in the future. but I'll sell when I need.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 06, 2016, 12:04:25 PM
No I do not actively spend my bitcoins, I want to hold them for the future because its very bright.
Also I do not have a lot of bitcoins so spending them would be stupid for me.

funny,  even I was spending bitcoin usually in purchasing gadgets online 
But nowadays I am holding bitcoins to save for block halving.
Activity: 406
March 06, 2016, 11:05:21 AM
March 06, 2016, 10:31:23 AM
I am not spending a single bitcoin now, I am just holding it, as I think holding will make me rich in future as I will sell when the price is higher, So I will not spend at a moment.

Well if the price is high like now, it's also safe to spend it since you are cashing in your profits buy buying products. And thus helping the bitcoin eco system.
Right now i've bought some gadgets for my pc, which are quite cheap.

Yes, if the price is higher then your expectation then you should spend your bitcoins, as only holding will not help, coins need to be rotated so that we can have higher value in future.
Activity: 616
March 06, 2016, 10:27:29 AM
I am not spending a single bitcoin now, I am just holding it, as I think holding will make me rich in future as I will sell when the price is higher, So I will not spend at a moment.

Well if the price is high like now, it's also safe to spend it since you are cashing in your profits buy buying products. And thus helping the bitcoin eco system.
Right now i've bought some gadgets for my pc, which are quite cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
March 06, 2016, 10:18:47 AM
He is obviously bluffing/bragging. The only way he can make that much is with signature campaign, with multiple accounts which will get his accounts banned at a point

In any case, you and me might have misunderstood him

I don't think its a bluff since gambling was involved , $50 a day is possible but only if he's lucky. I might be wrong , let's wait for his clarification

Yes I actively spend my bitcoins on mostly clothes for my kids, I think bitcoin will be the future of all currency's for sure.
Also the bitcoin payments are easy fast and mostly you will get a little discount on the website where I buy clothes for them because you are paying with the bitcoin.
Kids clothes for bitcoins? May I know what's the site/shop?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
March 06, 2016, 10:10:21 AM
I am spending it, but I don't really rely on it to buy things that I need.. if I could buy things with fiat and from my salary, then I don't move my coins, but there are things that I need to buy such as mobile load, that way I am spending my bitcoin as it is easier and convenient, no need to go out..

I have tried it, use only my fiat from salary to buy anythings what i need. but My salary not enough, then i use my bitcoin for top up my number phone, to pay internet bill, and sometimes electricity cost.
March 06, 2016, 10:07:33 AM
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
March 06, 2016, 10:03:07 AM
Yes I actively spend my bitcoins on mostly clothes for my kids, I think bitcoin will be the future of all currency's for sure.
Also the bitcoin payments are easy fast and mostly you will get a little discount on the website where I buy clothes for them because you are paying with the bitcoin.
Activity: 266
March 06, 2016, 09:50:36 AM
I am spending it, but I don't really rely on it to buy things that I need.. if I could buy things with fiat and from my salary, then I don't move my coins, but there are things that I need to buy such as mobile load, that way I am spending my bitcoin as it is easier and convenient, no need to go out..
Jump to: