Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 135. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
March 14, 2016, 06:17:36 PM
Spending your bitcoins actively can be good, but I'm not doing this because I'm long investing my bitcoins, the future if the bitcoin is bright in my opinion.
So its simple if you want to make a lot of profit right, do not spend any money, its the same as if you want to save money at your bank.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
March 14, 2016, 05:51:18 PM
There are no stores accepting bitcoin in my area, that's probably enough to not seriously consider using it offline, Also the confirmation time etc... would not make it practical for physical stores to use it.
yeah it becomes a major consideration because we cannot buy small items like toothpaste abroad country via online right. so the only way is convert to fiat

When it comes to budget friendly product I'd rather not to use bitcoin.

The $100 value of your bitcoin that you spend on toothpaste can be $200 or more in just a matter of days.

Note: Don't take seriously my example about $100 price of a single toothpaste.

If anything bitcoin should be spared for higher value ticket items.

Well this is how I do it, and it sounds like you do the same. Yeah, buying toothpaste should be considered using cash.. esp anything under $50 value.

Unless you dont have cash then thats different.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 14, 2016, 05:34:21 PM
When I was starting to use bitcoin I use it a lot but now that I realize bitcoin might increase it's value. I'm storing it in my wallet hoping to have more value in the future when I'm going to withdraw it
Most people think this way but what will you do if btc's will not increase value? Just want to know  Grin
Activity: 560
March 14, 2016, 05:02:22 PM
Well since i offer loans and the most loans i had provided had been defaulted i may say i spend actively my bitcoins,but in the end i recover them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 14, 2016, 04:10:57 PM
When I was starting to use bitcoin I use it a lot but now that I realize bitcoin might increase it's value. I'm storing it in my wallet hoping to have more value in the future when I'm going to withdraw it
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 14, 2016, 04:05:02 PM
Prefer to hold onto the bitcoin I do have for eventually building a nest egg if the future allows bitcoin to prosper.
Activity: 420
March 14, 2016, 03:54:35 PM
No I do not spend them actively if I'm honest most of the times I'm only spending them on digital goods, if I'm doing that.
I'm also waiting on the halving that is coming this year.
Activity: 364
March 14, 2016, 01:37:41 PM
Its not that smart now to spend it I think. Or you must be in emergency or something. The value is not that high.
It is better if you wait longer if the value is higher, than you can spend it much more.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 14, 2016, 12:30:10 PM
There are no stores accepting bitcoin in my area, that's probably enough to not seriously consider using it offline, Also the confirmation time etc... would not make it practical for physical stores to use it.
yeah it becomes a major consideration because we cannot buy small items like toothpaste abroad country via online right. so the only way is convert to fiat

The $100 value of your bitcoin that you spend on toothpaste can be $200 or more in just a matter of days.

Yes there will be a time to spend your Bitcoins. But now is not the right time to spend it, because the value is not even that high.
We all hope that the value will rise and that the most people will have some profit, so they have later more money and that will be so good.

Well Im different. Im getting out when I sees a nice profit. If I will wait for that "skyrocket" price my quantity of coins today are useless. I can make more coins if Im going to take it out for a trade while waiting for that "skyrocket" price.
Activity: 224
March 14, 2016, 12:22:49 PM

Yes there will be a time to spend your Bitcoins. But now is not the right time to spend it, because the value is not even that high.
We all hope that the value will rise and that the most people will have some profit, so they have later more money and that will be so good.
Activity: 364
March 14, 2016, 12:12:05 PM
No I do not spend a lot of bitcoins, I only do this sometimes for digital goods but that is everything.
The last month I even bought nothing with the bitcoin, I also want to hold them for a later moment, maybe the price is gonna rise also.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
March 14, 2016, 11:57:40 AM

Activity: 126
March 14, 2016, 11:18:32 AM
Sometimes I use it but not regularly, mainly using it to invest in liquidity.
Activity: 518
March 14, 2016, 11:12:10 AM
Activity: 238
March 14, 2016, 09:55:37 AM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.

if everyone won't buy/sell/use bitcoin, bitcoin would die

personally i like to use bitcoin because very easy to bay with it, not many stores accept it but it's still nice to use it, if everyone would just hold or gamble them, there would be no more bitcoin accepting stores in future
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
March 14, 2016, 07:30:20 AM
I am thinking of spending some bitcoin to buy some graphics cards to do some mining. It is quite profitable to mine Ethereum.
Where will you buy these cards from ? I do not know any electonic site that has worldwide shipping and accept bitcoin. you may have to exchange your btc to buy them

Not necessary to exchange your btc to fiat cuz you can buy some graphics cards on tiger direct with bitcoins Wink

http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/
Activity: 714
SkyFall
March 14, 2016, 07:11:56 AM
Its not smart indeed to do it around this time. There is no reason to do that. And the value is not even that high.
It should be better if you wait a little longer and that you can have some more profit later, that will be good.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
March 13, 2016, 08:34:49 PM
to be honest, i dont actively use bitcoin outside my house. i only ever use it to buy stuff online. usually the amazon gift cards from gyft.com

Yes at a moment we can use majority of it only for buying online stuffs as we are not able to find any physical shop that accepts bitcoins as a mode of payment, but thing s will change in future.
Activity: 378
March 13, 2016, 07:39:17 PM
i use bitcoin everywhere i go Wink
i can also use them by my xapo card to make some payments in the supermarket.
bitcoin is just great Wink
Activity: 756
March 13, 2016, 07:34:20 PM
to be honest, i dont actively use bitcoin outside my house. i only ever use it to buy stuff online. usually the amazon gift cards from gyft.com
Jump to: