Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 171. (Read 257603 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 22, 2015, 05:13:33 PM
I do whenever i find a new shop I add it in my list of 'bitcoin shops'. Whenever i have some spare bitcoins i make sure to open that list and start spending.
So far I bought over 30 products this year.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
December 22, 2015, 04:54:52 PM
I did try to keep my bitcoins intact as an investment...

But then i discovered two great startups (interesting, both from my home country Slovenia), that let me pay for anything without worrying about my investment.

Cashila https://www.cashila.com/
Let's me pay bills using bitcoins. Works by converting bitcoins to EUR at the current exchange rate and paying for anything via SEPA. It's great if you are from the EU. Usually I use them when paying for my gsm bill, when i want to cash out bitcoin to my bank account, or i need to pay a friend, hehe.

The other one is Reload by Bitnik https://reload.bitnik.eu/
Keeps an eye for outgoing transactions from my wallet address and every time i make a purchase - it instantly buys the same amount from the exchange of my choice.

Now i can freely spend my bitcoins on almost anything, and when i do, my btc balance stays the same.
Give them a try and spend bitcoins whenever you can Wink
Great idea, thanks. In connection with cashila, could you please advice about the costs? Are there any fixed fees or the fee is based on the amount you transfer via SEPA? I'll have a detailed look on it later on, but I'm sure you can summarize the cost part more straight forward then their website which is usually more marketing oriented
Activity: 658
December 22, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
i spend it very rarely if i need to buy something really fast or i cant buy it in my shops that i have in my country for example a few weeks ago i bought a present for christmas online for bitcoins everything went smooth and the product arrived really fast its always good to use bitcoin
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 22, 2015, 04:17:40 PM

But then i discovered two great startups (interesting, both from my home country Slovenia), that let me pay for anything without worrying about my investment.

Let's me pay bills using bitcoins. Works by converting bitcoins to EUR at the current exchange rate and paying for anything via SEPA. It's great if you are from the EU. Usually I use them when paying for my gsm bill, when i want to cash out bitcoin to my bank account, or i need to pay a friend, hehe.

Keeps an eye for outgoing transactions from my wallet address and every time i make a purchase - it instantly buys the same amount from the exchange of my choice.

Now i can freely spend my bitcoins on almost anything, and when i do, my btc balance stays the same.
Thanks for introducing these start ups, specially I appreciate Cashila for their interesting ideas and they are a real exchange website.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
December 22, 2015, 12:59:38 PM

Activity: 532
December 22, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
I would be spending more actively if that was an option in the local stores where I live.

I'm looking forward to more merchants and stores to accept bitcoin in the near future.

yes if in my country many local accept bitcoin, maybe I could spend my bitcoin every day to shop.

but unfortunately not one I find, even online stores accept bitcoin is still rare in my country. mostly just pulse that accept bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 22, 2015, 12:22:23 PM
I would be spending more actively if that was an option in the local stores where I live.

I'm looking forward to more merchants and stores to accept bitcoin in the near future.
yeah i want it too.
so I do not have to exchange BTC with my country currency
Activity: 336
December 22, 2015, 12:08:36 PM

Activity: 714
December 22, 2015, 11:58:38 AM
ya i actively spend my bitcoins for my and my family mobile recharge, datacard recharge and i do recharge for my friends, like this i spend it and now i am trying to sell my goods for bitcoins,

Good idea but buy Bitcoin when it's cheaper because right now I think you will not get it for cheaper at least till the end of festive season so hold on and wait for the right situation to strike the deal.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
December 22, 2015, 11:19:01 AM
I mostly buy steam wallet codes, investing in altcoins also prove to be really profitable if you know when to gtfo back to bitcoin.
Activity: 631
December 22, 2015, 11:17:40 AM
ya i actively spend my bitcoins for my and my family mobile recharge, datacard recharge and i do recharge for my friends, like this i spend it and now i am trying to sell my goods for bitcoins,

Same here even I spend my bitcoins for same like mobile recharge and converting bitcoins to fiat currency when I am in need of my local currency to take care of my basic expenses and also online transfers in my bank account is the best thing with bitcoins as it is very quick and time saving with minimum transactions costs and the credits are instant but yes I haven't bought any physical product by using bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 22, 2015, 07:18:52 AM
I spend my Bitcoin every week buying CS:GO and TF2 keys for steam. I don't really use sites like purse.io, but I have a couple of times and it is a great website. Bought a gaming headset and mouse from them, very cheap and fast delivery.

Oh really maybe I will try that I also like CS:GO so maybe I will buy some if I have enought bitcoin in my wallet.
Me personaly I don't actively spend my bitcoins, maybe when they are good deals.

Yeah. I buy CS:GO keys from someone on this forum, for $1.85 USD in Bitcoin. So you make a lot of profit as you can sell the keys on the steam community market and get $2.15 USD. That is a good profit.

that's because he bought in one of steam deal with festivity, but you can use bitcoin to buy any game on g2a, very convenient
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
December 22, 2015, 06:31:30 AM
Activity: 406
December 22, 2015, 06:15:05 AM
I spend my Bitcoin every week buying CS:GO and TF2 keys for steam. I don't really use sites like purse.io, but I have a couple of times and it is a great website. Bought a gaming headset and mouse from them, very cheap and fast delivery.

Oh really maybe I will try that I also like CS:GO so maybe I will buy some if I have enought bitcoin in my wallet.
Me personaly I don't actively spend my bitcoins, maybe when they are good deals.

Yeah. I buy CS:GO keys from someone on this forum, for $1.85 USD in Bitcoin. So you make a lot of profit as you can sell the keys on the steam community market and get $2.15 USD. That is a good profit.

That's really cool, I didn't know someone had made this option available. I might try this out as well. Key's are cheap to get then, I never even bought one with fiat.
Might try it out with bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
December 22, 2015, 03:11:22 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
December 21, 2015, 09:53:31 PM
I spend it occasionally but mostly invest it, e.t.c
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 21, 2015, 09:50:44 PM
Yes.
I actively spend my bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
December 21, 2015, 09:42:38 PM
For now yes I am active to spend it on investing and then buy things online,

recently on this black Friday I bought clothes online,

and then I also save some for gambling for fun but mostly now I use to buy something like food at local stores
Activity: 406
December 21, 2015, 06:23:12 PM
The more bitcoin i accumate the more i spend. Previously I bought altcoins but i've seen so many new shops coming into the bitcoin e-commerce system i browse the net and pick the best shops in excel.

Last week I bought some new monitor online with bitcoin. This week I will buy some perfume with bitcoin.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
December 21, 2015, 05:22:20 PM
I would like to spend it actively, but I can't because they are no many store are accepting bitcoin.
For me I just like to hold it for now. I don't really need to spend my bitcoin something that I don't use or really want.

Same for me here. I would spend it way more if my local stores and such would have been accepting bitcoin.
But then again, if this would be available, there wouldn't be much for me to save up either in bitcoin. I like having this method of saving in bitcoin as well as in investing at the same time.
If you want to spend your bitcoin everywhere (where normal VISA card is accepted) you should try the bitcoin debit card. I have already tried it and it's OK for me. You can find different service providers so you have a choice which one you prefer.
Jump to: