Author

Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins? - page 173. (Read 257603 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
December 20, 2015, 07:32:47 PM
I do actively spend my Bitcoin, I even made some purchases earlier today with some of my funds I had.

If I had more Bitcoin I'd probably be more actively spending it, but I don't, so I just have to roll with what I have an remain frugal with my purchases.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 20, 2015, 06:51:36 PM
The last couple of weeks i've spent a lot. Not only on black friday/cybermonday but also buying stuff for myself just because I can.

For christmas my bitcoin spending was limited to 2 purchases. Problem is that the shipping time is a 'uncertain factor'

Nearly One month I didn't Utilzed through bitcoin. I am saving all my bitcoins. Because price increasing very fast I am expecting this will reach to 500 and more USD. I will exchange or spend on that time for purchase. Now I am fiat currency for the purchase
Do you have any price threshold for bitcoin that if price increases from that price then you spend money, for example 500$ or so?

I have a threshold once the value of Bitcoin crosses $500 mark I will spend it or exchange it for currency just to be on a safer side rather than selling it when the value slips down.
It is difficult to judge, if it goes to 500$ so it is possible that it increases to prices more than 500$ too and you may change your mind about selling it in that price
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
December 20, 2015, 06:34:03 PM
At the moment there is nothing i want that can be paid for in bitcoin so no i dont use it to buy anything. i do hope that will change soon enough and then i can and will actually be able to buy things i need with bitcoin. so my vote is no i dont actively spend only trade.
Activity: 868
December 20, 2015, 06:30:54 PM
yeah, I just bought my last flight + hotel at my local travel agent with bitcoins Grin  Apart from coffee, those 2 are the only physical items I have bought with btc.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 06:08:49 PM
well i have never spent any of my bitcoins on buying either physical or digital goods i only spent a bit on gambling though i dont think that it counts as spending besides this fact i have never managed to earn any decent amounts of money such as 1 bitcoin or so
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
December 20, 2015, 05:57:19 PM
i mainly use my Bitcoins to trade within cryptocurrency universe, but i also use them to buy VPN plans, webhosting plans or present cards from Amazon for instance.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
December 18, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Mostly I'm hold bitcoin as investment. As we can see , bitcoin's value still lower than earlier year.
Once bitcoin has reach my goal value, I try to sold them a bit and keep the rest.

One day bitcoin will reach another $1000 bubble  Cheesy
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
December 18, 2015, 11:17:47 AM
I can't spend it daily where I live, what I mean in real life, because they are not that much store who accept bitcoin.
In the holidays I will just spend there maybe I can buy some thing good.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
December 18, 2015, 10:40:00 AM
Spent a few coins on BitcoinBlackFriday Sale, bought some mining material and happy... Smiley
I was able to get some things very cheaper as the prices were so good during the same days...
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
December 18, 2015, 10:36:58 AM
I spent a lot of coins before, and now I am regretting for the same.  Undecided
Never knew price would be back to $500. Sad
Activity: 280
December 18, 2015, 10:36:44 AM
I spend some every now and then if I see something that's for sale on the internet. But never bought anything in real life though.
It's just not possible yet. So for now I am not actively spending my bitcoins just yet.

I do the exact same thing. It's merely the merchants holding us back from spending bitcoin as much as possible. Not many people know about it, I really want this to change.
Activity: 714
December 18, 2015, 09:56:18 AM
I spend some every now and then if I see something that's for sale on the internet. But never bought anything in real life though.
It's just not possible yet. So for now I am not actively spending my bitcoins just yet.
Activity: 364
December 18, 2015, 09:50:47 AM
I don't spend that much with my bitcoin, I know the price is going up.
I know that in 2016 the price will increase even more so I will just trade in there so that  I can make profit.
And not just spending it, is nice maybe 2 times a month to spend, but not daily.
Activity: 336
December 18, 2015, 09:12:54 AM
Spend bitcoin when they are some discounts.
But I don't have that much so I don't spend it.
Activity: 364
December 18, 2015, 08:58:24 AM
No for now I am just spending my fiat money to other things.
Bitcoin for me is just to hold and wait for the future.
Activity: 1204
December 18, 2015, 08:20:37 AM
no, I very rarely use bitcoin for online shopping purposes,, i expenditure except using PayPal or other payment processor for online shopping purposes
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 18, 2015, 07:33:03 AM
The last couple of weeks i've spent a lot. Not only on black friday/cybermonday but also buying stuff for myself just because I can.

For christmas my bitcoin spending was limited to 2 purchases. Problem is that the shipping time is a 'uncertain factor'

Nearly One month I didn't Utilzed through bitcoin. I am saving all my bitcoins. Because price increasing very fast I am expecting this will reach to 500 and more USD. I will exchange or spend on that time for purchase. Now I am fiat currency for the purchase
Do you have any price threshold for bitcoin that if price increases from that price then you spend money, for example 500$ or so?

I have a threshold once the value of Bitcoin crosses $500 mark I will spend it or exchange it for currency just to be on a safer side rather than selling it when the value slips down.

this is what everyone think now because it seems that 500 is hard to broke, but if we will break it and then go ahead and reach some other good value like 600-700

you will surely change your mind about your threshold
Activity: 714
December 18, 2015, 07:27:53 AM

Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 18, 2015, 07:15:05 AM

Activity: 406
December 18, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

If it goes to 500 dollar just sell some of your bitcoin not all. Just have 1 bitcoin for 2016 I think you will make profit in there.
Than now, for now is the price is increasing, but is not that high as in 2013.
So yeah just wait or sell it, if I was you wait in 2016.
Jump to: