Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree that Bitcoin is nearly to be just like another business? - page 28. (Read 3177 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
I think it's like an online business, but the difference is only with different forms and exchange rates, if now online businesses use Bitcoin, it will make it easier for Bitcoin users who want to shop whatever they want with Bitcoin.
Activity: 457
What I enjoy today is amazing to change lives, and I can use it as additional business capital and I also invest some BTC to get long term funds.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Except for exchanges, BTC isn't a business. It's a currency. The huge problem being that the last time I bought something with BTC, the transaction took 12 hours to confirm. So BTC isn't like another currency...
Activity: 548
Merit: 100
The same business but with a new strategy in bitcoin world, with your investment can generate more profit.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Bitcoin unionhead who's neglecting fiat :)
It was designed to run at the principles of business. How else would people around the world pay millions of dollars pay day in electricity cost to provide security in the system?
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
More than 50,000 U.S. merchants already accept bitcoin, and you may soon fall behind your competitors if you don’t have a plan for dealing with cryptocurrencies.
Over the short term, it means getting educated about the technology and adapting some business processes. Over the long term, it offers increased simplicity, greater efficiency and lower costs.

At this state, I would never use Bitcoin for daily purchases. How can someone justify paying $2-4 or more in fees for each transaction, no matter if it's worth $10 or $100 or $1000? Just make a thought experiment - every time you pay with fiat, set aside a few dollars and see how much it will be at the end of a month. When scaling will be fixed, then we can start talking seriously about widespread adoption, but before that happened Bitcoin has very niche uses - trading, gambling, moving value when you can't or don't want to deal with banks. Period.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
More than 50,000 U.S. merchants already accept bitcoin, and you may soon fall behind your competitors if you don’t have a plan for dealing with cryptocurrencies.
Over the short term, it means getting educated about the technology and adapting some business processes. Over the long term, it offers increased simplicity, greater efficiency and lower costs.

your numbers are far off the mark. i dare say the number is even in the millions now. 50,000 is just too small. earlier this year Coinbase claimed to be handling 45,000 merchants alone. and that is just one Coinbase, you should add bitpay and all the rest who are directly accepting bitcoin.

also there are only about 300,000 stores in Japan that are currently accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 518
What I experienced could really change my life in terms of income,
With the investment I get from bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

Merchants will drop bitcoin support if we can't get segwit + lightning networks to cater for global merchant adoption.

It's the only way out, if we can't get this shit together and working, bitcoin will just stay with it is, and will probably stagnate in price.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: