Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 81. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
January 05, 2017, 04:36:59 PM
We are already our bank of bitcoin and crypto currencies, sure we do use some wallet from some companie, but they havent control over it, they allow the acess and to use and collect their fees, i dont see the point really to get a bitcoin bank, unless they provide interest of 10-20% years from the deposits, but those wont happen. I do like freedom, and i get interest lending or trading or making my sport bets.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
January 05, 2017, 03:40:47 PM
Dear author, you mentioned correctly, in today's situation it would be stupid to seriously bring up the idea of Bitcoin banks. But in Utopia, if we consider Bitcoin as a substitute of real money, no doubt, banks will become even needful.
Activity: 840
January 05, 2017, 03:05:09 PM
Only reason to use a 'Bitcoin Bank' is for the security of your funds, there will always be people who need or want this.
to me i think it is still to early to have bitcoin banks  because the online wallet is still enough for the users, in future when the users of bitcoin will increase then the banks may be thinking to accept bitcoin and create online wallets for it.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
January 05, 2017, 09:28:12 AM
exchanges and payment services are already deemed as banks
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 05, 2017, 05:53:04 AM
Only reason to use a 'Bitcoin Bank' is for the security of your funds, there will always be people who need or want this.

Security of your funds? Having another entity being in control over your coins isn't what I consider to be secure. Bitcoin bank will just be a third party/unofficial service just having the word bank in its name. That's all. I can't think of anyone actually wanting or needing a service to hold their coins while people themselves can do it already. Or.... Perhaps they think they will gain interest over their coins if they store their coins there. That's also a possibility. The majority of the people here mostly make decisions based on a financial gain.

From post to post you seem to be completely discarding the existence of web wallets. You may not like them, but you should accept their existence as well as the fact than many if not most Bitcoin users are actively using them. The two basic reasons are behind that, i.e. security and free of charge transactions. People don't want to get busy with securing their desktops and notebooks, nor do they want to pay transaction fees. In other words, if there weren't such wallets (and no exchanges either, where you still have to keep the funds), the Bitcoin price would mostly likely still be in single digits...

And you will have to admit this
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
January 05, 2017, 05:46:16 AM

Security of your funds? Having another entity being in control over your coins isn't what I consider to be secure. Bitcoin bank will just be a third party/unofficial service just having the word bank in its name. That's all. I can't think of anyone actually wanting or needing a service to hold their coins while people themselves can do it already. Or.... Perhaps they think they will gain interest over their coins if they store their coins there. That's also a possibility. The majority of the people here mostly make decisions based on a financial gain.
I think he means about someone / an institution who can responsible on any issue involving bitcoin
As people will feel insecure holding bitcoin by yourself because have been accustomed managed by the third party like banks
People not yet fully understand about how decentralization works, they are confused
They want an instant thing , and third party security like bank, it won't work.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 05, 2017, 05:35:45 AM

Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 05, 2017, 05:31:24 AM

I disagree with you. Like exchanges, it is also risky to put bitcoin if there is a bitcoin bank, security in there are much vulnerable than your desktop. A hacker don't have interest in your bitcoin if it is only few, they are always into big stashes where they could get big time in just one move and planning. Bitcoin bank if there is for sure is also vulnerable to hacking if they will just keep it like what exchanges do.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
January 05, 2017, 05:20:33 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
January 05, 2017, 05:18:07 AM
No, I do not agree with that. This has no purpose in Bitcoin, because you don't have to rely on anyone to transfer your money, so the role of the modern bank associated with Visa and so is useless in Bitcoin.
Yes, I admit that it has no importance, because bitcoin is a decentralize currency and if people will start depositing it in banks then it will become as fiat centralized currency and the originality of bitcoin will be lost. I too am not in favour of bitcoin banks, it should continue its anonymous characteristics forever.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 05, 2017, 03:20:35 AM
Do you not know how bitcoin works ?? There is a bank , the people that use bitcoin act as banks. Please google now bitcoin works.
I can't believe how many people have voted ues to a btc bank lol You sre the bank ! I think people like that should stop using bitcoin.
if you're using bitcoin bank, the identity will be discovered. better not to use the bank directly. better use the wallet. more secure and safe for your bitcoin and your privacy
Activity: 1050
Merit: 277
January 05, 2017, 03:02:24 AM
Do you not know how bitcoin works ?? There is a bank , the people that use bitcoin act as banks. Please google now bitcoin works.
I can't believe how many people have voted ues to a btc bank lol You sre the bank ! I think people like that should stop using bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
January 03, 2017, 03:01:49 PM
No, I do not agree with that. This has no purpose in Bitcoin, because you don't have to rely on anyone to transfer your money, so the role of the modern bank associated with Visa and so is useless in Bitcoin.

I can't agree, although we know bitcoin we cannot still sacrifice using banks. Bitcoin is merely an alternative currency but admit it or not we need fiat to carry our daily activities in life.
yes for currently bitcoin is really important for our daily needs, we mostly complete our need using fiat because bitcoin is not available everywhere and the most important is that most of the people have still no knowledge.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
January 03, 2017, 04:59:44 AM
I am fully disagree with the Bitcoin bank idea . Because if it goes successfully comes then it will destroy the job of many bitcoin trader . In my friends circle many of friends who are trader of bitcoin are in fear to loss job .
Because after comes of bitcoin bank people will make buy directly , and bank will make profit .
Don't worry it will not happen, bank is only for people who like to support a centralized system, bitcoin is the complete opposite, so it's close to impossible.
I am not really sure whether it will happen or not because there are still many possibilities. but I do not agree to about bitcoin bank because the system will be the same like usual banks even the name is bitcoin bank. besides, why should go to the bank instead of sending/buying bitcoins from your house?
Maybe when it happens, we will be regulated and we have to comply with the rules of the bank when it comes to our investment and deposit. The greatest advantage of using bitcoin will be eliminated, we cannot be anonymous anymore and transactions will never be this cheap as we are currently experiencing.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
January 02, 2017, 07:59:09 PM
I am fully disagree with the Bitcoin bank idea . Because if it goes successfully comes then it will destroy the job of many bitcoin trader . In my friends circle many of friends who are trader of bitcoin are in fear to loss job .
Because after comes of bitcoin bank people will make buy directly , and bank will make profit .
Don't worry it will not happen, bank is only for people who like to support a centralized system, bitcoin is the complete opposite, so it's close to impossible.
I am not really sure whether it will happen or not because there are still many possibilities. but I do not agree to about bitcoin bank because the system will be the same like usual banks even the name is bitcoin bank. besides, why should go to the bank instead of sending/buying bitcoins from your house?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 02, 2017, 06:38:05 AM

I can't agree, although we know bitcoin we cannot still sacrifice using banks. Bitcoin is merely an alternative currency but admit it or not we need fiat to carry our daily activities in life.

I never understand why people force themselves to choose between banks or Bitcoin, as both can be used alongside each other without any problems. Bitcoin will be more and more an investment and store of value tool (more than is the case already). Bitcoin as currency for doing your daily shoppings is just not interesting. For that we have fiat as that offers people a far superior payment experience, where people also enjoy insurance on their purchases, etc. Whether people like it or not, fiat will always play a role of importance in our lives.
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
January 02, 2017, 05:59:46 AM

Activity: 440
Merit: 250
January 02, 2017, 05:27:02 AM
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 02, 2017, 05:08:26 AM
I don't think bitcoin trading is a job at all. Once you have all the bitcoins set up, you're going to spend a couple of hour max per week to do bitcoin trading. You just study the graph, hope that you're online by the time of price increase. You literally just press a button to sell/buy bitcoins. I don't think it's a job at all

I can assure you that trading (and Bitcoin trading is no different in this respect from any other form of trading) doesn't come down to making orders and then waiting a couple of weeks till they get filled. This is also possible, without doubt, but it is surely not the only way of trading. In all the truth, what you assume makes sense only in one very specific case, the case which we see today when the price has been constantly rising. In other cases, this approach won't yield decent results...

If the price is trading sideways, you may have to wait literary months till your order gets executed
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
January 02, 2017, 03:48:16 AM
I don't think bitcoin trading is a job at all. Once you have all the bitcoins set up, you're going to spend a couple of hour max per week to do bitcoin trading. You just study the graph, hope that you're online by the time of price increase. You literally just press a button to sell/buy bitcoins. I don't think it's a job at all.

I also don't think that the introduction and implementation of bitcoin banks will only allow banks to make profit and the exchangers wouldn't be used at all. Bitcoin banks wouldn't be able to acquire all of the bitcoins in the world, only the coins that their users are going to deposit. Not unless if they're going to fund it and buy bitcoins for their bank.
Pages:
Jump to: