Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 23. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 101
That's a good strategy, since you are buying the real deal in crypto currency. Alts depend on btc, and if an altcoin will not be recognized or will not be approved to be used, then it is much better to own a bitcoin because it is the most traded coin in the market and it is the original cryptocurrency.  I think there are also a lot of altcoins that have so much potential for trading or investment. So, what we can do is to do research on best altcoins, with strong team and project, and is profitable

And I am not sure that this is the right strategy. Many altcoins are more profitable than Bitcoin. If you have several cheaper cryptocurrencies, you will make more money.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I dont recommend this strategy to anyone, for me buying an alts is better than holding bitcoin. I jist use bitcoin when i want to cash out or withdraw. Then if term of profit i prefer tk hold and altcoins be active and updated for every news. Like now, an altcoin will be listed in binance win by voting system. Look for the price its pumping. Holding btc will not nake even x3  but alt can give even x20
I agree to this that buying altcoins is better than holding bitcoins because when you have bitcoin then you only have one chance to make money while if you are holding altcoins which is more than one coin because it is altcoin"s" then you have a higher chance to make money because of the possible recovery of market in altcoins.
Activity: 227
Merit: 3
It is depends on the market situation and the strategy of the person on how he deals crypto by his own techniques and style to gain benefits than lose. It is risky to sell alts and buy bitcoin for crypto land forms is not base on one coin alone.
Activity: 841
Merit: 251
I dont recommend this strategy to anyone, for me buying an alts is better than holding bitcoin. I jist use bitcoin when i want to cash out or withdraw. Then if term of profit i prefer tk hold and altcoins be active and updated for every news. Like now, an altcoin will be listed in binance win by voting system. Look for the price its pumping. Holding btc will not nake even x3  but alt can give even x20
Activity: 1568
Merit: 544
If your target is to earn bitcoin with altcoins your good since your overall portfolio will be btc and the trades are short term mostly.
Altcoins on a long term [year(s)] will be a gamble and should be based on innovation that the alt will bring.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
I never want to invest on any of altcoins by selling my bitcoins because I knows that bitcoin has more potential than any other coins so it will give more benefits in future if we hold until,if you invest on altcoins you can invest the amount from profits of your bitcoin.
Yes. very aggrieved when investing bitcoin. because bitcoin has a huge advantage. has a very high market price. I am sure by the end of 2018 there will be a rise in bitcoin prices that will rise and normal again

But why should you sell altcoins to do it? Invest in Bitcoin, using the money you earn on your main work. Many alts will give you more profit that BTC can do.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

It is too risky to use that strategy. But it really depends on the situation you are at. Bitcoin is too expensive to buy so it is quite better to sell bitcoin and buy altcoins or whatever you like.
Make decision on the basis of ease and outcome, selection of currency with more benefit has to be the first choice and then keep others next. If you have Altcoin and now thinking for investment in Bitcoin then you can surely invest here and I encourage you more to invest here in this market because the price in this market is low and a person will get a lot of coins on a very low price.
Activity: 584
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
but strangely is when the price of BTC down, Altcoin prices also come down
when the strategy is to sell Altcoin and buy BTC, I think it depends on market conditions
sell when the market is maximal bullish
Most of the people have the same strategy, especially when the bitcoin price start get accelerator, people then try to sell their altcoin and buy bitcoin as bitcoin can give them a very good profit than any other altcoin. Bitcoin is in fact trading in a low price and more chances are that its price will very soon start increasing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
It depends upon the altcoins you are HODLing. If it is more potential to increase its value than bitcoin then HODL it and make an investment. But if it is the other way around then sell it and buy bitcoin.
Activity: 659
Merit: 101
Selling altcoins and buy bitcoin it's not good strategy because if we want to earn more profit better if we have more altcoins than bitcoin. Bitcoin is good to buy more this time because you can get more profit but it's not mean that you sell your altcoin to buy bitcoin they have better strategy that you do buy bitcoin with your extra money and hold your altcoins.
In this day I think it is not the right decision because the price of bitcoin is too low and decreasing day by day. In my opinion holding Altcoin is better than bitcoin because they have more potencail than bitcoin and in the future you can make huge profit from your Altcoin holding. If you have big investment then no doubt you can also invest in bitcoin too.
Activity: 289
Merit: 10
I`ve done that before, but for now in this market condition, I am not selling nothing, because if we compare the prices, they fall so hard. I`m just holding with dissapointment.
Activity: 280
I am doing only this wasy, I am totally loosing my trust in new alternative coins, so when I get them, usually  from bounties I do, I almost always go and turn them into BTC/ETH right away.
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
No i dont approach this strategy. A lot of people are doing these. And thats why altcoins are so weak right now. But the reason why i hold my altcoins is, because i see more potential. I have a lot of good projects which im supporting and will continue to support, doesnt matter how the price stands. So dont be scared about the correction and holdyour altcoins, they will have a lot of value as soon as cryptos will be hyped again.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Yes, good strategy indeed. Altcoins are good investment but bitcoin is better than them. Sell altcoins to buy bitcoin is also my plan of doing in the future. We know how valuable btc compared to altcoins that's the best idea anybody would apply for a good profit.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
Nope, it should be sell btc buy alts. Simply because btc has bigger price, if you sell it you can buy a large amount of alts compared to if you sell alts, you'll get few amount of btc. Or if you saw an oppurtunity that you think you can get a profit, just trade them, alts to btc, then btc to alts. That's what others did before when btc price is falling and had a little swing. They turned to alts trading then go back to btc when the price is doing good again.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
In fact, you need to invest gradually everywhere. Altcoin is growing fast but not very stable. Bitcoin will be much more stable, but there is no such growth, but he does not need it. Therefore, I believe that it is necessary to invest in the altcoin amount that in this case do not mind to lose, but in the case of growth is significant enough to make a profit. And in bitcoin all the money to invest is also stupid, because you want to earn as much as possible in a short time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
no, i don't agree with that strategy. when we sell all altcoin and buy btc, will we get a large amount in bitcoin? surely the comparison is far enough. after all, bitcoin is not always going to rise high, just as it is currently happening. we are patient with the altcoin we hold.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
It depends on the situation of the altcoins if it is has a big potencial to grow higher then i will hold for it because we can still get profits on it. But if those altcoins is too bad then i will sold it and buy bitcoins because it's more profitable compared to it as we can saw on the market it is the rank one among to the rest so i can say it really depends.
Activity: 504
because I'm trading short-term using altcoin, I don't like that strategy. maybe if anyone likes long-term, will do so because it is very profitable, seeing cheap bitcoin prices, maybe we can buy for long-term trading. but better not to sell altcoin too when the price is cheap, because maybe also fortunately not much
Activity: 344
Merit: 105

I think its a good stratigic, becuase bitcoin now is to low price,  i think it is better to trade by btc, maybe someday bitcoin price will back to its value 20k dollors,  and if we holding bitcoin for a longterm it is good and have a big income to us. 
Pages:
Jump to: