Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 25. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I honestly think many of these Alt coins are pump n dump schemes. You can make some good profits on Alt coins, if you time your exit before they collapse. The most stable and reliable Crypto currency, since 2009 is Bitcoin and that is not even disputable.

So my strategy is to play with Alt coins and to move my profits to Bitcoin in the end. Bitcoin is my store of value, like Gold is for many other investors.  Wink

We want to pay taxes because it can  contribute for the big helps of the student  especially books in school, playground of children and etc. We don't against the rule of our government its better we were fallow  so that we have a peace.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I am not approving them but alsp I am not against them because that is a great choice as well as a wrong choice also it can be either both sides depending on the people but in my choice I will have sell my altcoins if they are not worth it if they are the altcoins that are not a great ones but if my altcoin is gonna be ethereum then I will not sell it just to have bitcoins because they are a great investment too they can gave me a lot of profits and besides I can do different things  just to have bitcoins.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Well it all depends to the holders but in my case, I would prefer not to do this kind of strategy because as of now, the volatile of bitcoins is high. So we cannot sure if we can gained profits from it. Rather than altcoins, we can have many options on how to make profits. We can do day trading or hold it for a long time and wait for the right time to sell.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
www.daxico.com

Its up to you both of that is great.... It will just depends to your strategy on how will handle it.... We know that BTC cost a lots but if you think it is quite better than altcoin why not....  But if you can try it both it is much better....  We cant predict what is best so it is better to have it both than choosing
Activity: 70
No, not really. Short term, altcoins enticing with much higher profit. Of course, on the other hand though, they are also much more risky, so I would say I partly agree
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
BitHostCoin.io

Well for me it is also a good strategy because until now the value of bitcoin is still stable at $6500 so buyung bitcoin now and holding it for long term is really advisable to do and i know that we can really able to earn more profit with bitcoin.

For me doing this strategies will depend on how much alts we can sell, because buying bitcoin is really costly even if the price falls now. Price of alts really have a big different to the price of btc.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
I do not agree with the strategy, if all users do so it will make devs. not interested in developing or making coins so bitcoin too dominates and it gets boring and makes bitcoin unattractive.
Activity: 392

Well for me it is also a good strategy because until now the value of bitcoin is still stable at $6500 so buyung bitcoin now and holding it for long term is really advisable to do and i know that we can really able to earn more profit with bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
A very big and controversial question indeed. Majority of bounty hunters find it very difficult to and sometimes contemplate whether to sell all the altcoins they have attained to buy bitcoin or hodl the altcoins as they are. This strategy is only valid if you are no longer interested in short term investment of money or even day trading. If you want to continue day trading, then it is better not to sell your altcoins as bitcoin is not a good choice when it comes to that of the day trading
To me i think that it is depending on your experience, because a lot of people are there who are even getting good profit from day, trading, on other side it is also too much good to trade bitcoin for short term, because we have already seen a big fluctuation in bitcoin price, which is giving a good chance for the short term trader to make money from it.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
i think not all of that exchange to btc, just save it in some alt any few of your holding it, the reason is not all of altcoin are worse, there has some a good altcoin too, if you get that just holding it until you get a best price to sell it again
Activity: 168
Depends on an individual, Its unpredictable thing when you invest in cryptocurrency, As far as I know, Crypto's are potentially designed to trade and to earned profit, Bitcoins are highly fast moving currency, In the same way, If you invest in alt-coin, Make sure to select a good type of coins. Surely you will earned good profit.
Activity: 45
No. Though Bitcoin being the pioneer is a great investment and is also less risky, I'll prefer alts more than bitcoin to make better profits in a short period of time. Like, consider Ethereum. Since its origin in 2015, the coin has seen a great increase in its market capital by 1100%. Not only this, last year itself the coin showed profit gains by 3700%. Since the market is at a dip, the coin this month itself has seen a drop by 20%. Since the coin has the potential to cross the $1500 mark by end of 2018, I am expecting good gains from the coin.

I agree, If you want to have a better profit in a short period of time , choose alts rather than bitcoin, bitcoin is for long time investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
No. Though Bitcoin being the pioneer is a great investment and is also less risky, I'll prefer alts more than bitcoin to make better profits in a short period of time. Like, consider Ethereum. Since its origin in 2015, the coin has seen a great increase in its market capital by 1100%. Not only this, last year itself the coin showed profit gains by 3700%. Since the market is at a dip, the coin this month itself has seen a drop by 20%. Since the coin has the potential to cross the $1500 mark by end of 2018, I am expecting good gains from the coin.
Activity: 210
A very big and controversial question indeed. Majority of bounty hunters find it very difficult to and sometimes contemplate whether to sell all the altcoins they have attained to buy bitcoin or hodl the altcoins as they are. This strategy is only valid if you are no longer interested in short term investment of money or even day trading. If you want to continue day trading, then it is better not to sell your altcoins as bitcoin is not a good choice when it comes to that of the day trading
Activity: 182
It depends on the situation if i lost a significant value in bitcoin due to bear market and the decision came in it depends on how much I can save in the projected bear or how much I can profit in the coming bull. It is both good and bad ideas. In some situation, selling altcoin can be accepted and you can save your money. However, in some other cases, selling altcoins can make you suffer a huge loss or miss the opportunity to earn a great amount of money
Activity: 294
That's a good strategy, since you are buying the real deal in crypto currency. Alts depend on btc, and if an altcoin will not be recognized or will not be approved to be used, then it is much better to own a bitcoin because it is the most traded coin in the market and it is the original cryptocurrency.  I think there are also a lot of altcoins that have so much potential for trading or investment. So, what we can do is to do research on best altcoins, with strong team and project, and is profitable
Activity: 182
I don't think so the alts are the assets and also the back up of bitcoin and traders also when the market of bitcoin is not that good and it is decreasing for sure many trader will pull out their money and putting it on some alts and it is normal in trading. There is more risk in holding altcoins. HOwever, they do bring us a great amount of money which bitcoin can not provide. If you want to be rich, you need to understand cryptocurrency in order to make a right investment on a right altcoin
Activity: 273
I have friend who does that most of the time he get payment in alternative coins because he believe that bitcoin has influence on altcoins and that once bitcoin move to either direction all other altcoin will follow but not to the percentage of bitcoin and that was why he use to convert altcoins to bitcoin. Although this is not that much good to go for other options as you already have bitcoins with you. But still, I think the option and decision is good
I think that this should not be done. Bitcoin has already reached high values in the price and every twofold increase will be accompanied by new scandals and shocks. Investing in bitcoin will be further problematic and rather risky. Although it is possible that he can still make a good profit. Since I get a lot of alt coins by joining signature campaign, I'd rather stick to what I do and where I profit the most, I always wait for the alt coins to pump then trade it to Ethereum