Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 40. (Read 3336 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
It depends, if bitcoin seems to have a much lower price and I think I can buy many bitcoins with my altcoin, why not? You see, bitcoin has more potential than alts since it's the original cryptocurrency recognized in the world, and the price of altcoins also depends on bitcoin so buying the original one is much better than keeping the newly made ones.
Bitcoin has a huge advantage in the crypto space than any of the altcoin and we should always forget all the things we are seeing with the alts today because once they start that their huge bearish trend whenever bitcoin is tending towards a rally in whichever way, the alt market is what you totally want to be staying away from in that case. However, I do not agree that one should just stay away from altcoins completely as there are still some that would always do great in the long run anyway.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
Not all articles that you will find was reliable enough, sometimes It is how you handle yourself like how you distribute your money in different coins wisely. Don't assume to much in whatever you see. I advice that believe to yourself.
Activity: 297
Merit: 100
I am trying to follow this - hold the most perspective alts, sell other to ETH or BTC but hold those, which can give a growth in a future
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Investing in bitcoins alone is like putting all one's egg in one basket. I did rather have the same amount to be invested, spread into 5-10 prospective altcoins. And good to note that, an increase in bitcoin is always proportional to an increase in the altcoins too; with some few exceptions. Also worthy of note that the chance of a bullish run ofrom any of the 10altcoins is higher compared to having it on bitcoin alone.
Activity: 223
Merit: 0
I am in much approval of this though with moderation. If I discover the bearish period of any  Alts is about to unravel, I may quickly dispose some of it to buy BTC. But if the bullish period for such Alts is prevailing, owing BTC to Dip probably, or at Equilibrium. I may not sell out my Alts at that juncture until the termination of such bullish period for the Alts. No one wishes  to be trading with lost foresight.
Activity: 353
Merit: 4
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Bitcoin is the strongest crypto currency and bitcoin is more likely to survive than failures, and in other words bitcoin is the best coin among other crypto coins so choosing a bitcoin for investment is the best option.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
It depends to the altcoins if that is potential altcoins like ethereum then I don't convert it into bitcoins, but if not a potential altcoin then I should convert it into bitcoin or convert it other potential altcoin. You know some altcoins can multiple increase in a short time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
I invest on alt coins at a specific amount earned or at it all time high, or if even the coin will succeed. After that I convert to bitcoin. Just any one here, I think bitcoin has more potential. This is because of its load of quality devs.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
It depends, some altcoons are sometimes more profitable than bitcoin since sometimes bitcoin price is too stagnant and altcoin price is sometimes increasing faster than bitcoin. I really think it depends on the current market situation.
well, I agree with that opinion. it all depends on the circumstances. maybe some circumstances require us to store bitcoin, and some circumstances make us to buy altcoin. well, but i prefer to hold altcoin more.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
It depends, some altcoons are sometimes more profitable than bitcoin since sometimes bitcoin price is too stagnant and altcoin price is sometimes increasing faster than bitcoin. I really think it depends on the current market situation.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
If bitcoin is going to have bull market selling alt coins would be a good step for profits in bitcoin

I agree your opinion. But it depends how much altcoins you have in your wallet, if it is more and enough to buy more bitcoin also I would agree to sell all your altcoins. Then be patient in holding it and wait until bull market comes prior selling your bitcoin in order to earn more profit.
Activity: 434

Everyone of us have different strategies to make profits. There are altcoins that increased its value within a short period of time and in this kind of situation, we need to be full alert in order to catch that sudden pump. On the other side, Bitcoin is a long-term investment and doesn't need to be active everyday in order to catch the pump. So, if we want no pressure then we can choose Bitcoin but if we want to faster profit then we can choose altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
That's not a good idea because when Bitcoin is dropping automatically the price of altcoin will drop harder and if you convert them to Bitcoin you will get much lesser value. So when Bitcoin price is kept decreasing it is better to hold the altcoins until Bitcoin price starts increasing.

That's something we could argue about.
Because if you don't sell altcoins when Bitcoin starts to drop, your alts could drop more, even if you would have sold your altcoins before.In that regard selling alts is right. And that happened already so fast. I mean just have a look at so many alts and how much they were worth before a significant drop in BTC and how much they were worth after recovery. You'll see that many coins still would be worth less. Furthermore not all coins going through these hype cycles.
Another option would be to sell your altcoins for USDT or TUSD while the whole market drops. And when the bottom is in you buy back some in alts and some in BTC or all in alts again, your decision.
Activity: 350
in part, after all, the Altcoins have good coins that are not worth selling and that can bring a good profit in the future
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
That's not a good idea because when Bitcoin is dropping automatically the price of altcoin will drop harder and if you convert them to Bitcoin you will get much lesser value. So when Bitcoin price is kept decreasing it is better to hold the altcoins until Bitcoin price starts increasing.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
I don't agree with this strategy especially if this altcoins are valuable and having a good price. But if you have altcoins with medium value or just shitcoins then it would be great to sell them and buying Bitcoin because BTC is always valuable and needed.
Activity: 226
Sometimes I am doing just the same, but recent days there are so many alternatives to bitcoin that are more perspective than it is
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I think this is a strategy that is not quite right, we more easily get profit thousands of dollars per day with 1000 altcoin than with 1 btc, this is what makes us have to believe with altcoin.
But in reality, you can't do that. I'm really sure you can't remember 1000 altcoin and check them regularly, that's a stupid move Cool.
Also "thousands of dollars" could happen when those coins are pumped up cuz of certain news and you can't see them everyday like you said.
Activity: 144
Merit: 1
For me, it's ok to sell all my altcoins and buy bitcoin after. I would like to changed my strategy and play for a long term wherein it can have great profits.
Activity: 287
If bitcoin is going to have bull market selling alt coins would be a good step for profits in bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: