Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro? - page 22. (Read 9184 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 106
July 06, 2018, 06:16:00 AM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

I think if you really want to get your money back in investment, you should really read the project’s whitepaper. It’s hard to invest on something that you don’t know what it is about. Aside from that, if you don’t know enough information about the coin or the project, you may end up getting scammed, and you could lose the money you initially invested
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
July 06, 2018, 06:11:11 AM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.
I Only Read Whitepapers of those Projects, where the bounty program i joined.
i read it from the start until the end.
But im having a real hard time specially on the technical stuffs.
Specially with the vocabulary they use. Some terms is new to me.
However i just keep on reading and then if i fully understand it.
Its help me to the bounty easier.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
July 06, 2018, 06:08:29 AM
Being an ANN Thread designer, I take time reading whitepaper but I only read the most important sections as well if I'm very interested on a project, to be honest I rarely read whitepaper when browsing projects commonly if it doesn't fit on my interest or the ANN Thread doesn't look attractive.
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 09:44:20 PM
Some key points I want to point out in a white paper:
If it is a business -> read business type and use your knowledge to predict if it can be a good business + not having many competitors
If it is a coin for mining -> read the algorithm and see if it is right for you mining gears (We also have POS nowadays)
See the team if they are legit. How experienced are the devs and founders.
Crowdsale details <- look into this and see if they have a clear purpose on the idea.

That is all I usually look for. There are more and I'm happy to hear more from others.
Activity: 210
July 05, 2018, 09:39:47 PM
If you are really smart, you should go all over it, since it's your money you'll going to invest or use, you should at least be extra careful by reading it, if you are lazy to read word by word then go all over on the important points.
Activity: 330
Merit: 102
July 05, 2018, 09:24:46 PM
No, I do not always read white paper, it's too lazy, I know, and I do not care about my money. I've done something stupid and admit my mistake. No need to put pressure on people. They make mistakes, but they pay themselves later for their mistakes.
all projects have clear goals and vision-missions that are listed in the white paper. here, you do not need to read all the contents of the book need, in the hope you read a little and understand the contents of the project to be done, so you believe and confident about the project. so you can join and support it.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
July 05, 2018, 08:51:33 PM
I myself often read the white paper and only the core of the project's purpose because if we read the entire contents of the white book will take a long time. better find what i need other parts of white paper.

Yes, I too, read the ico's whitepaper because I know that their whitepaper is the face of their ico. In the whitepaper you can see what the project is about, its founders and members and everything you want to learn about their project. It is really best to take time in reading the whitepaper before you invest into the icos.
Must be so, by reading the whitepaper then we can know the prospects and potential of the project, even we can know whether the project is true or scam, most scam projects just copy paste from other projects so we avoid the scam project.
Activity: 33
July 05, 2018, 08:49:40 PM
Hahaha I dont read whitepaper but if i am really interested and my friends keep telling me about something i read sometimes , But i review the coin not just by reading whitepaper .
Activity: 294
July 05, 2018, 08:28:34 PM
Of course yes I read whitepaper before joining any ICO because Whitepaper contains a lot of details about the project like road map and some investors also read Whitepaper for them to encourage if that project is profitable to invest.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
July 05, 2018, 08:16:40 PM
Any ICO project should be researched, if you wanna invest in it.
A whitepaper it's important and you must read it.
Also you need to find a project on different social media platforms like Facebook, Telegram, Reddit and etc.
Another thing to know about the ICO's is to find professional reviews at specific web sites such like icobench.
One more important step before investing is to ask to see a smart contract at github.
I hope this info. will be helpful.  Smiley
Activity: 210
July 05, 2018, 07:59:16 PM
I myself often read the white paper and only the core of the project's purpose because if we read the entire contents of the white book will take a long time. better find what i need other parts of white paper.

Yes, I too, read the ico's whitepaper because I know that their whitepaper is the face of their ico. In the whitepaper you can see what the project is about, its founders and members and everything you want to learn about their project. It is really best to take time in reading the whitepaper before you invest into the icos.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
July 05, 2018, 07:41:25 PM
Depending on how much money you're investing, it's always good to read the whitepaper to fully understand the project but also remark the time that the team has dedicated to writing down a neat whitepaper - Small things matter with 1 ICO being launch every other day.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
I rarely read all the white paper. I read what I want. such as roadmap, then token type and token price. I think reading the entire contents of white paper will only spend our time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
July 05, 2018, 07:06:13 PM
yes i did. I did read a white paper but i dont read the whole page because it was too long and im also a lazy person . instead i do only read the highlighted part or the major points of the subject .

Im prertty sure that most of us are also doing the same thing as on what i do.

But , whitepapers dont really dictate if a project is really legit because whitepapers can be easily edited or copied somewhere.  That is why , it is also recomended to check out other details .
Activity: 98
July 05, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
Personally I don't read white papers.  My strategy usually involves picking projects that have been backed by individuals that are trustworthy enough that I don't need to doubt whether or not the project is legit.  The scams that are coming out now have gotten so much better that simply reading the white paper doesn't give you enough to go on to discover whether it is a scam or not.  At least not for me.
Activity: 147
July 05, 2018, 06:59:06 PM
First watch videos about the project and read the summary to get a fair idea of the whole project.
After that you can skim the whole document.
After doing those you will know how to find what you are looking for from the whitepaper. Therefore you can decide not to read the whole document.
Activity: 69
July 05, 2018, 06:52:15 PM
of course I read white paper, if you want to invest in ICO, you should read their white paper for you to run the ICO. how to easily read the white paper by looking at the roadmap and their products.

learn correctly and carefully search their roadmap, it can be our ingredients to invest.
Activity: 52
July 05, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
Reading whitepaper is very important
It gives you a an insight of the company you are dealing with, it makes you determine how viable their project it. I just got to realise the importance of reading the whitepaper these days. Let's cultivate the habit of reading whitepaper, we can avoid scam through it.
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
July 05, 2018, 06:42:46 PM
Yes of course I read whitepaper... I often read whitepaper because I write article for different bounties...  Reading Whitepaper will give an indepth knowledge of whatsoever project I am embarking on.
Activity: 504
Merit: 285
July 05, 2018, 05:37:35 PM
I do. I have enough time on my hands to read the whitepaper before I commit.
I also love doing my own research if the project sounds promising – maybe they were exaggerating/taking things out of context to make some stuff sound better/etc.
Pages:
Jump to: