Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 34. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 11:01:19 AM
most ico need KYC now, and most banned Chinese, USA citizens cause the government policy and it spawned a new industry-those who hold foreign passport to help the Chinese and American to join ico
Activity: 392
June 28, 2018, 10:58:25 AM
I try not to participate in the companies in which I need to provide my data. But there are companies that announce KYC in the middle or at the end of the company, such companies are not very pleasant.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
June 28, 2018, 08:38:04 AM
At the moment, all the adequate projects that I have found require KYC. For investors and bounty hunters, it would be very convenient if all projects used the same system to verify identity documents. I really hope that the traceto project will be able to implement the plan. This will simplify the KYC process
Activity: 83
Merit: 3
June 28, 2018, 08:35:42 AM
Yea I think it adds a bit of legitimacy to the project (at least in my eyes) it shows you that they are serious and don't want to screw around make a mistake with the law and later on down the road will be punished. SO I think it is a really good idea to invest in ICO's that require KYC I think it isn't a good idea to invest in ICO's that don't require it they are much more likely to be a scam...
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 08:31:37 AM
I think that KYC can be a good thing for having some kind of control over ICO projects participants i.e. investors so maybe this requirement is useful and I do join such ICOs if I know that they are reliable.
Activity: 140
June 28, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
For an airdrop, I would not do a KYC, I would just feel like it is a waste of time, and a risk factor, but to invest in a promising ICO, sure.
June 28, 2018, 12:09:38 AM
The last two icos in where i took part of, did not asked me to provide KYC in order to invest in there, and that is the main reason of why i do not join any of those crowdsales that asks me to provide one.
Activity: 406
June 27, 2018, 05:46:39 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I avoid participation in such ICO, because I'm afraid that my personal data can be transferred to third parties. There are many examples of successful ICO without a KYC.
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
June 26, 2018, 05:40:52 PM
There's a lot of risk involved when submitting our personal information to a KYC, especially since you tend to want to stay anonymous in crypto.  I would try to avoid submitting a KYC unless I fully believe in the project and its team, as well as their competency to secure my data. I prefer KYC because it does make things a little bit more difficult for people looking to make a quick dump after ICO is over.
Activity: 188
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 05:36:00 PM
If it is a nice project, KYC is no problem for me. I don't think, they would use my id copy for something bad, and illegal.
Activity: 56
June 26, 2018, 01:24:31 PM
I will never join an ICO that require my personal information on top of my money with them. Never! If kyc is ever needed, it should be other way round not the retail investor like me. Most of the beneficiary of many ICO are unknown. Not only are they unknown they are also not accountable to anyone. Hope we can find solution to that or regulations will come.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
June 26, 2018, 01:23:44 PM
Sometimes I do it if I see an interesting project. But I try to avoid KYC if I can. Exceptions only. But if you can I don't see any problem to buy documents for KYC. It's not difficult.
June 26, 2018, 01:11:20 PM
I think all of ICO`s that i encounter was requiring to do a KYC ,but be kind of every moves that you take because i read some article and its says that some of company that using kyc to be with ,are using your identety for illegal doings so be strickly and be kind.
Activity: 171
June 26, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
If the project is good and has a lot of popularity and I can earn on it I will pass KYC.
Activity: 294
June 26, 2018, 12:59:22 PM
To tell the truth, I do not like the idea of KYC. In my opinion, it violates anonymity.  I understand that it was created to avoid use of multiple accounts and fraud. But I don’t like the idea that my personal information will be sent to people I don’t know and they can use it as they want.   
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
June 26, 2018, 10:31:04 AM
i am not a friend of kyc at all. Thats not what Crypto is made for.

As there are more and more Goverments take a closer look to crypto gains i think its part of the game now.

But it always depends on the Project. ATM i am looking into Blockpit. A young Austrian Startup. As there are in Austria are very strikt financial and data protection rules i feel very confident that my datas are safe.
If u like take a look at my blog Post
https://steemit.com/blockpit/@lion87/blockpit-ico-review
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
June 26, 2018, 10:25:29 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Yes, I icos which requires ICO because I don't find it hard since they just require us to submit kyc for security purposes. It is still important that we follow the given rules and requirements of an ICO for it will affect the success of the project. It isn't hard though.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
June 26, 2018, 10:18:07 AM
Is it dangerous to share my information with ICO in the case it is a scam?
What can they do with this information?
Activity: 266
International Digital Asset Platform
June 26, 2018, 09:54:20 AM
if you invest in an ICO, then in any case you should go through KYC , and if you join the generosity of the company, then I think there is nothing wrong, but on the contrary, even better, but only when the total amount after passing KYC is distributed among all participants who passed KYC
Activity: 28
June 26, 2018, 09:19:44 AM

I've had an ICO with KYC. I believe that, as long as it's a worthwhile project, KYC is a guarantee that you'll receive your profits. I've participated in Cryptics presales, for instance, though I'll be in need of passing KYC before the ICO - I put my faith in this product, and I'm sure I'll get what I need after ending of ICO. So, watch and spend carefully
Pages:
Jump to: