Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you keep all your bounty coins or you convert some to ETH and BTC? - page 8. (Read 873 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Just dispose those altcoins that has no volume in exchange so you're saving your time, your hope and effort by not keeping that coin anymore.

And it's a good move if you'll convert not only 1/3 of it but as much as possible half or more than that to make your portfolio's better and more secure.

The ones that are crying when bitcoins surging are the ones who doesn't have it on their portfolio's so if you want to be one of them, hold alts but if not then start buying bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
I sell them and exchange to my country money immediately when i receive them.

If I think that some of the coins are potential I hold them for a while, but most of the time I sell them at once which is commonly happened for

the bounty hunters once they've receive their rewards token.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I'm not selling right away. I think it is necessary to withstand at least half a year, to give the coin its potential, if it is certainly there. If it will leaf on several exchanges, it will grow well in price
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I create two types of coins after getting from Bounty participation. If bounty coins are valuable, i convert it in ETH only and hold it in exchange. If coin (Bounty coin) is low in price, then i just hold it in wallet. I think this is the best way to use bounty tokens for profit.
Activity: 68
I admit I really agree with you, it would be better if we token or altcoin that we get changed to bitcoin or ethereum because the price of altcoin or tokens is very unstable so it is very risky if we hold it,
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
it all depends on the specific project. but in most cases I try to keep the coins. sometimes I sell half and leave the rest. at the moment the market is at the bottom and I think it's better to keep the coins and buy the rest while the price is low
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
I keep them. First of all, a lot of altcoins you get after ICO launches aren't even listed on most of the exchanges. Second of all, I don't know how about you, but the coins I received weren't worth anything. For instance, I got lots of ShiftCash coins, but they all are worth about 1 USD, what's the point in converting them into ETH, to have 0,0021 ETH? On the other hand tokens can increase in price unexpectedly, like it has happened with TTV, and they'll be much more worthy. But, whenever you have a non-popular coin which has suddenly started to increase - I agree that the best thing to do is to sell it off, or convert into top coins, as the chances that such a coin will keep up the price are very low.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Coins like BTC and ETH have proven beyond reasonable doubts that they are the best and more safer coins to invest. My little advice is that, whenever you get your altcoins, it would be better to convert at least one third to either BTC or ETH to serve as some form of insurance to your tokens in case it fails to survive. I used to keep all my altcoins and now that the market is red it has badly affected my investment. And mind you, those new altcoins are not like BTC and ETH, they can get zero volume anytime so they are not reliable. Is there any other person with a different view or everybody agrees with me?

I usually do half and half when the time is right.
Such as if my bounty coin will enter the new exchange, usually the price will go up, i sell a half to eth or BTC.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Well I always research for prosperous coins not pump and dump coins, then hold as long as I can because there are touching stories of some bounty hunters who dumped their coins and thereafter the coin pumped 10x be as it may it quite difficult to know the potential ones but with diligence and research its quite possible.
Activity: 168
i'm not sure what to do with my bounty reward. probably keep first and wait. i believe that if i sell too soon, i will make less profit in the end defect.
Activity: 856
Merit: 250
I don't see the point in selling bounty awards to the company now. Almost all coins are so cheap that they simply do not justify the time spent on their production. It is much wiser to keep them in your wallet and wait for growth.
Activity: 58
Well spoken, I know people that sells their and use the cash for other investments outside crypto world. But like you said converting some of it to BTC or ETH is also a good way of preserving them for the future use. Thank you for sharing your idea on this.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
I almost always act like that. The ethereum and bitcoin are the two most important and strong coins. They are already settled, and have a rating of the most influential coins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
They say after the platform release the specific token starts to increase due to its demand but it always falls on the ICO or altcoins, OP is right you should convert some but not all of them to have some assurance that you will not miss out any moon or pump from the token trading as the price can get beyond the price of the ICO as per experience or worst the volume gets 0.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
If the project inspires me confidence and develops a very good product or platform,it is better to hold such coins, or part of the investment in the ETH or BTC,and the rest to hold. I usually do that with bounty tokens.
Activity: 700
Yes, I hold almost all the coins and do not see why they should be sold, the market is too weak, and the hope for its strengthening is stronger. It remains no more than 4-5 months for an accurate understanding of whether there will be growth, or will have to wait next year.
Activity: 32
I'm new here and I've just started participating in a content campaign so I haven't received any coins yet. But if I get them, I think I'll translate someone and keep them as you say
Activity: 308
I have these uncertain feeling when it comes to bounty rewards and tokens so I usually trade them to much credible and stable coins which I trust like ethereum and then just hold it or convert some to fiat whenever I need it .
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I fully agree with this state of Affairs of the author . This is the best solution to minimize risk-and choose the most sustainable coins . That's the strategy I'm following.
Activity: 148
I sell them and exchange to my country money immediately when i receive them.

When I first receive my bounty coin I also exchange to the currency of my country to pay my debts and other bills.  But now, I'm planning to invest it and convert the bounty coin to btc or eth as I already paid  my payables. Looking forward to  invest more in cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: