Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 42. (Read 9124 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 12
September 17, 2018, 05:48:08 PM
I think that is true, because the rating of each ICO is as a medium to describe a concept that is really good by cooperating with a trusted ICO company to attract and convince investors to join.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
September 17, 2018, 05:41:56 PM
I pay attention to them in the primary selection to weed out a lot of unpromising ICO, but the final choice is up to me.
Activity: 535
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 17, 2018, 05:37:52 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
yes its true, as the rumors said ico ratings was not even trusted, you must do your own investigation and not base for finding a good ico only in the ico ratings, most of them are just paying to increase their rating. you should be careful.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 05:31:16 PM
I do not trust rating platforms. They work for money and give estimates which projects do not deserve. I do not recommend to trust these services.
Activity: 630
September 17, 2018, 05:28:08 PM
Earlier I trusted the rating websites and even at one time began to be guided on them. But then understood that they are false. Most likely just paid experts for estimates.
recently there are a lot of scammers in the ico market of the company and therefore I am inclined to believe that all rating platforms also have some percentage of abuse.
Activity: 280
September 17, 2018, 05:25:17 PM
Earlier I trusted the rating websites and even at one time began to be guided on them. But then understood that they are false. Most likely just paid experts for estimates.
Activity: 107
Security Analyst | WebApp Developer
September 17, 2018, 04:46:57 PM
Absolutely NOT. I trust no one on investment advice whatsoever. Everyone should do their own research on the projects they're investing on.
Activity: 336
September 17, 2018, 04:45:06 PM
actually NO. i dont believe it, even i never look it before doin investment in cryptocurrency
AFAIK, ICO rating ever rates a fake ICO with good rating LOL
Activity: 308
September 17, 2018, 04:17:27 PM
I think that many sites with ICO project ratings are not very honest in their actions and often put high ratings on not very good projects
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 17, 2018, 03:32:56 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
Some are doing well while some are doing poor. So don't trust ICO rating sites. Just do your finding before investing.
Activity: 532
September 17, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

I don't know about others but i think icodrops is the best ICO rating website and gives you better indication about the hype of a project. Yes they do take money for advertising ICO and list them on top but their rating is not baised.
Activity: 40
September 17, 2018, 03:21:26 PM
Not at all. The 'experts' are no more knowledgeable than anyone else who is marginally plugged into the crypto scene. The sites basically only serve confirmation bias, as the projects that can afford their 'listing fees' (anywhere from 2-20ETH) will be on there and those that can't, won't.
Activity: 574
Merit: 260
September 17, 2018, 03:19:17 PM
Sometimes I get the information that is provided on these sites. But I never fully believe this information. I try to study the project myself.
Activity: 406
Merit: 21
September 17, 2018, 03:17:05 PM
When looking for a crypto project for investment, I use the ICO rating sites as a useful additional source of information. But in the end I do not make decisions based on the rating, but only after an independent analysis I invest.
Activity: 714
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
September 17, 2018, 12:44:07 PM
I believe that the ICO projects at the top of the ICO ratings are more likely to successfully "shoot." Their activities are analyzed by professional experts who know all ICO's weak points. Many investors listen to the opinions of these experts because of what such ICO projects receive more funding.
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 09:32:05 AM
actually i'm not too  trust. but every investor think it's important and that's be one of factor to make decision to invest. i have seen many project that success without listing in ico rating.
Activity: 392
September 17, 2018, 09:23:39 AM

In my opinion that is part of the good judgment. Yes 10 ETH to rank well or 10 BTC to get insurance. A good project, they have a lot of early investors and for them 10 BTC is too little and they are willing to buy and advertise their coin
Activity: 672
Merit: 109
September 17, 2018, 06:53:19 AM
There are bad ICO ratings sites which sell to projects good ratings, on the other hand there are also good sites which care about their reputation and don't take money.
Activity: 490
September 17, 2018, 06:43:57 AM
It's difficult now anyone to trust now everything can be bought for money including all-possible ratings.
Activity: 70
September 17, 2018, 06:38:22 AM
It might be very difficult to tell which projects are really good. But I think there is still a rating site that is believed to actually be honest and trustworthy. But I think this is one of the biggest disadvantages of crypto, that we will never get any warranty.
Pages:
Jump to: