Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 45. (Read 9124 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 07:55:59 PM
ICO rating site are good sources for identifying the quality ICO that may end up been successful. Rating website is not suppose to be the only tool for assessing the viability of good ICO.
The ICO does not being run by the people with the rating websites. They need to chill with those scam reviews.
Activity: 9
Merit: 7
September 16, 2018, 03:39:48 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

Short Answer: Take the rating with a pinch of salt. Spend more time reading the Whitepaper and evaluating the team.

Long Answer:
1) You can pay ICO rating sites to be listed as premium/hot/special/featured/editor's pick listings. These are the ICOs that appear right in your face on the home page so they can more visibility.
2) Ratings received by ICOs can vary greatly from one to another. And ICOs will only feature their best ratings on their website and omit the bad ones.
3) Do some homework and see who rated the ICO. ICOBench, for example, has Benchy (their bot) to do the first round of rating and typically gives quite a high score. Experts rating are supplemented later and usually pulls the overall score down.
4) Scores are not stagnant, it gets updated over time. It is often affected by things like social media activities, how active is their Medium blog etc.
5) On that note of point 4, many of these can be faked. It is common for ICOs to have bounty programs to increase their social media activities, add fake followers in their Telegram group etc.

[Note: I've been part of an ICO team before so I've seen all this happen before my eyes.]
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
September 16, 2018, 03:05:36 PM
I think many have long guessed that you should not rely on sites that are rated projects. Any rating can be bought, so it is always better to rely on your own analysis of the project. Over time, when you analyze many projects, you will only need one look to give an assessment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
September 16, 2018, 03:02:27 PM
Corruption has reached the rating agencies, I think now only part of them can trust them, the main reality of the team...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 16, 2018, 03:00:53 PM
any project needs to be studied independently, a lot of bench in our time
Activity: 168
September 16, 2018, 02:59:26 PM
I do not really believe in ratings. After all, you can write a lot. And this is not always true. So, it is better to read probably reviews and sit on the forums. There you will find out everything.
Activity: 287
September 16, 2018, 02:50:35 PM
the only ico rating i follow every day is icorating.com they are ex Nasdaq employes so they know how to work on ico companies growth and they have straight compliance while issuing icos rating
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
September 16, 2018, 02:48:17 PM
ICO rating site are good sources for identifying the quality ICO that may end up been successful. Rating website is not suppose to be the only tool for assessing the viability of good ICO.
Activity: 434
September 16, 2018, 02:42:25 PM
No, I do not trust rating sites and I do not advise you to do the same, because all such services can be purchased, it's understandable. If the decision were made by the AI, then this is another matter.

Not all of these services can be purchased. Most of them are trusted sites. They give the information about the majority of the existing projects. I usually check the information here: https://icorating.com/
Activity: 37
September 16, 2018, 11:49:59 AM
I trust ico rating but it's just one component to trust that icos, there are stil many components to trust that ico. Example is the core team, partnerships and etc. All that information u can get in whitepaper.
although it cannot be fully trusted, some ICO ratings are indeed one of the references of investors in buying an ICO token. therefore at this time I still believe in some of Raitng's ICO websites
copper member
Activity: 409
September 16, 2018, 11:39:13 AM
I don't trust the ico rating site, because the information is sometimes made up, and I prefer to do research before deciding on a choice.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 11:34:26 AM
ICO rating for me is one of the references to see the ico project being worked on, but ico rating is not the only one to see the product from ico, we can read the whitepaper from the project Undecided
Activity: 104
September 16, 2018, 11:30:40 AM
Not so long ago I began to engage in bounty. I got acquainted with the rules and went into the theory, and took part in the bounty of the company, during my participation I tried the signature, translation company, twitter and facebook. The company ended I received more than 70 thousand tokens generosity. Since the end of the bounty, it has already been 3 weeks, half of the participants have not received their tokens. There is no information about the listing. At the ICO price, I received tokens worth more than $ 1500. The rating of the project was 2.6 out of 5 stars. I think we should look at the rating of the company before participating. Do not bother me with the behavior of the managers of the company in which I participated. Do not answer questions and feed breakfasts and expectations!
Activity: 208
September 16, 2018, 11:19:32 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

That is so biased man, but yes i believe in some ICO ratings because it is published in the site and i think it's true. To be more careful to pick an ICO better to research more about the ICO.
Activity: 131
Merit: 6
September 16, 2018, 11:09:48 AM

Sometimes i trust ICO ratings because it is a legit site. That site will not published anything about that ICO if the ICO is low quality and scam. So to make more reviews, search for more about that ICO, also read the whitepaper, the platform not only the ratings. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1202
September 16, 2018, 10:38:30 AM
Depends on the project and the people who rated it but mostly I trust just a few users across all ICO rating websites. I heard that is kinda easy to buy your ratings and this made me to approach a different opinion when I'm looking up at ICO's ratings.
Activity: 224
September 16, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

Yes, I trust ICO rating sites because it is a way to find good ICO to invest and there is complete details and rated by experts
Activity: 905
Merit: 113
September 16, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
I feel that the ico rating site cannot be trusted fully because there must be errors and later the ico cannot work optimally and it will affect the price of ico in exchange. so it's best to analyze with the help of ico rating and every choice is yours.
Activity: 38
September 16, 2018, 10:09:32 AM
ICO rating sites help us to carry out our research on different ICOs but they are not to be trusted when it comes to project decision making simply because some of them hype shitcoins and some even receive payments in order to promote projects that have little or no reasonable innovation. They are important but not to be trusted.
Activity: 398
September 16, 2018, 09:55:55 AM
Yes, I also don't trust those site because there isn't much transparency around how the site get profit unless they take ICO's money and shill.
Pages:
Jump to: