Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 46. (Read 9124 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 09:55:06 AM
100% believe they can not always need to check everything yourself to avoid your expectations being justified
Activity: 217
Merit: 17
September 16, 2018, 09:51:54 AM
I believe on ICO ratings but not totally 100% . It can help investors to choose a good ICO to invest their money and an ICO where they can make profits. But sometimes ICO review is just a false speculattions of an ICO , as we can see in the previous ICOs , the smaller the ratings  the higher the chance it can be successful.
Activity: 310
September 16, 2018, 09:47:09 AM
Of course, the ICO rating has a team that analyzes all ICOs, they will not carelessly give ratings without seeing the facts and data they have observed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
September 16, 2018, 09:44:45 AM
To be honest at first I always saw the rating of a project on the ICO rating site and I believe, but after that I felt that a rating could not be a major factor in the success of a project, because there are many other factors that are more important if not from the developer themselves.
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
September 16, 2018, 09:37:08 AM
There's no doubt, ICO rating sites are just like TV networks that accept paid advertisements. These sites are good promotional plan and good influencers to attract investors. Don't just rely on these sites if you're planning to invest in ICO.

Perform DUE DILIGENCE.
Activity: 406
September 16, 2018, 09:35:58 AM
Hi, everybody. If we talk about this, I can say, I can not trust, only the rating of the site. In addition, it is necessary to study a lot of aspects to understand whether ICO is so truthful and good to invest in it.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
September 16, 2018, 09:35:21 AM
Sometimes I trust ico ratings. Because on the ico rating site there is KYC. So I can see if the team from the project is real or fake. Maybe that will increase trust in an ico project. So it's very good for us to make as a reference. That's just my opinion.

I don't agree with you. I don't think that KYC is solving any problem or making a project legit. Most of ICO rating sites are under the influence of the rates they receive for the rating they give and this is what worry me.
Activity: 273
Merit: 15
September 16, 2018, 09:32:27 AM
Not at all, cause it's same like ICO review on blog or something like that. So it can be used for a factor for investment, but i'm never used that for choose an ICO to invest.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
September 16, 2018, 09:29:36 AM
The truth is that most times ICO rating sites are not always beign truthful about the ratings of a project in other words i would say that i they are not trustworthy, so it is advisable for one to always do their own research on every project they want to invest in.
Activity: 160
September 16, 2018, 09:26:06 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

I am trying to cross reference multiple sources when researching about potential quality projects. One of those sources are those sites its not a matter of trust but the only way to do research.
Activity: 269
September 16, 2018, 09:24:21 AM
Maybe it is one of the factors to see a good ICO or not, but by seeing your statement like that it is better to check carefully the project that you will invest, from the roadmap, website, whitepaper, team and so on, so as not to be fooled by ICO filter.
Activity: 384
September 16, 2018, 09:17:28 AM
Sometimes I trust ico ratings. Because on the ico rating site there is KYC. So I can see if the team from the project is real or fake. Maybe that will increase trust in an ico project. So it's very good for us to make as a reference. That's just my opinion.
Activity: 76
September 16, 2018, 09:15:50 AM
I look at the information from them, but I still check everything myself
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
September 16, 2018, 09:14:21 AM
No more trust to rating agencies. Every single raiting is payed,it makes newbies to invest in shit tokens or even in scam ICOs. It is something we should avoid.
Stay away from rating sites, ICObench, Track Ico and so on.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
September 16, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
ICO ratings sites are profit organizations, intended to earn money in exchange for some services. Some ICO's for sure will pay some amount just to be included in the top ICO and to give high rates.

This ICO rating sites are part of the marketing strategy of the ICO developers to promote their product aside from bounty campaigns.

Since this is part of the marketing strategy, they are not that reliable as it is designed to be.
Activity: 137
September 16, 2018, 09:11:58 AM
Yes, I noticed something like that too. I have read some articles against ico rater platforms,
Hopefully someone will take action to this, because this is very alarming specially to newbie
investors.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 09:00:16 AM
I believe that this is a matter for everyone and everyone personally makes a decision to trust these sites. I personally do not trust and decide in which project to invest
Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
September 16, 2018, 08:59:24 AM
i just trust few ico rating site with huge name, but for now i see many ico rating site launch with nothing credibilty for publishing information about ICO project
Activity: 274
September 16, 2018, 08:57:20 AM
rating can only say that the platform has connections and money, nothing more, I do not think that the rating at least somehow reflects the essence and the whole picture of the project and its prospects
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
September 16, 2018, 08:55:43 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
It's possible if they untrusted ICO review website. At now, I only trust Icodrops & Analystic Hypernum. Seems they ICOs rating naturally.
Pages:
Jump to: