Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use cryptocurrencies in your daily life? Are they useful? - page 27. (Read 14337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
I don’t really know where that questionnaire is heading to and what they really expect people to say about it. Are they talking about it based on whether we’re using it in buying and selling or just for transactions ?I make use of bitcoin almost every week for making transactions , but as for buying and selling maybe from stores… Nope I don’t do that. I only just do business with it and once I get the Bitcoin in my wallet, I either store it or withdraw immediately to my bank account.

Over time, I know we will gradually start seeing how people will tend to start adopting the space to this level, but it is obvious for now the skepticism we are seeing in this, and virtually majority of those doing this are making use of services like bitpay and co to be able to convert to fiat so as to be able to not be a victim of the market volatility. As we keep seeing real life usage the more though, I see things evolving as well in this category.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
Crypto currency is not yet so common in our life to use it in our daily work. While it is not legalized in many countries, and without this infrastructure for its implementation will not be created. In order for it to enter our life, it takes quite a long time. The states are not in a hurry to legalize the crypto currency, because, on the one hand, this concerns finances, and with this haste will only harm the business, and on the other hand, the state is not interested in introducing a decentralized crypto currency. However, vseravno, slowly people start to use crypto currency and this process is inevitable.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
if that's not the subject, no. but if the topic of encryption, it is possible. just not everyone knows what cryptocurrency is. therefore, while these terms can not be applied. but in the future, it is unlikely that something will change, people will also call these things simple names, without going into technical details
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Unfortunately no, though I would like to experiment buying things with Bitcoin, where they accept it. I would love to do that one day. But as of now I've only bought through coinbase, and taken money out to buy other things through coinbase.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
No I can't use cryptocurrencies direclty in my daily life.No doubt the money I get from cryptos is used by me to fulfil my basic necessaties but still I have to convert my cryptos into the respective fiat currency of my country in order to use it.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

More details if you want to know more about it:
For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

There are no open questions, but you can post here or message me about this.

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

I use cryptocurrencies in my everyday living. Having it would be a better way to transact faster and easier. It is where I pay my bills and where I buy electronic load. Crypto plays a vital role in my daily necessities which makes things more convenient for me. I would love to have it all the time to get have a hussle free living.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
I apparently find it very useful and convenient. In a day to day basis, I purchase
and pay stuff and bills with crypto. In my country it's very accessible since a lot of
people here are doing mobile banking and transactions. To some degree I usually
find it a quite more enjoyable and appealing than using credit cards.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
I get paid in bitcoin. I have been in digital marketing for ages and for the past 2 years or so I have been accepting bitcoin payment and for the couple months my only customers have been the ones paying in bitcoin. So I have been "using" cryptocurrency in my daily life but for getting paid and not paying something. I have used fiverr to get some stuff done back in the day so that was me using it to pay but usually almost daily I get paid. I probably wouldn't be able to find these jobs if not for bitcoin so I am quite grateful for bitcoin.

Making use of cryptos for day to day life is highly country dependent. Before some one to two years back, crypto based debit cards enabled people to spend cryptos everywhere but after strict regulations from visa and mastercard kind of networks, now again we are longing for new technology to spend bitcoins for daily life again.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
In my country there are still few users, as last year more. Because the bitcoin price is around ~ 20k so everyone buys very strong. This year is different from less used because the market is down. I have not used it in my daily life. But I used it to increase my profit margins. Really it is very useful.
Activity: 350
Merit: 2
This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

More details if you want to know more about it:
For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

There are no open questions, but you can post here or message me about this.

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

yes I use crypto and I pay attention to it every day because I know it will help me out of poverty because I have learned so much that it has been good for the poor so i will keep it
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
In my country crypto is still prohibited from making transactions, so I only use crypto as an investment and trading place. So far crypto is quite useful for my daily needs.
for today , it does not matter bitcoin still prohibited for any transaction.it just about time bitcoin and other cryptocurrency can be implemented in any field.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
In my country crypto is still prohibited from making transactions, so I only use crypto as an investment and trading place. So far crypto is quite useful for my daily needs.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Except if we as a whole need to mislead ourselves, in many places now, digital money isn't being utilized day by day forever stuffs and all we are simply so sharp about is the benefit over the long haul. Without a doubt, things would change after some time as digital money begins getting more settled, improvement in the blockchain segment continues enhancing and we begins seeing utilization and appropriation by shippers, however for the time being, asides from being an installment implies for occupations done crosswise over visitor or at all, which is sufficient at any rate, there is no different convenience.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
I usually use BTC ETH LTC to pay for items I buy in other countries. It is very fast and convenient, In the future I hope the crypto can grow stronger to be applicable in many different areas.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
I have not yet used crypto currency as a means of payment. While I increase my capital by means of trading.
copper member
Activity: 304
Some of cryptocurrency's biggest names lead the push for digital currency acceptance and everyday use.
Ethereum has proven to be a very popular cryptocurrency, and many platform tokens are based upon its blockchain. Ethereum really ushered in a new age with the smart contract, whose impact is only just getting started. Like most major cryptocurrencies, people can use Ethereum-based debit cards for everyday use.

There are some potential issues with Ethereum such as the collapse of The DAO, resulting in a hard fork, and the currency has had some volatility, going up and down in value. Still, that hasn't kept Ethereum from expanding and being used in everyday life. Case in point is that hundreds of electric car charging stations have been opened in Germany that use Ethereum, and such stations have now appeared in California. Toyota is looking at creating an alternative to Uber that uses Ethereum as well.
Activity: 60
I haven't really used cryptocurrencies much in my daily life, but a couple of weeks ago I sent a girl a very low portion of a coin I have for a picture of her, for proof that she really was a girl, and it just felt so amazing. My first crypto transaction ever. I sent the coins, she sent me the picture. I can't explain it, it felt so right.
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
The last time I bought something with Bitcoin was in 2016 (I've been in holding mode since). I bought a used CPU for like $20 worth. (Which now would be around $264). It's been a while, but next time I build a computer it's going to be mostly with Bitcoin.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
I don't know what other usefulness one can think of that can be more than being able to convert your crypto currency to whatever fiat you wish to. There are several ways I have used it aside just converting to fiat but I have been discouraged because of the premium attached to such services.

I have loaded my phone once when I saw the services promoted on the forum here and decide to try it out. Worked fine but I felt its cheaper converting to fiat then recharge my phone. Other areas is in buying of goods like clothes that I have seriously considered but looking at the value relative to my fiat equivalent, its on the high side. Gift cards are also potent areas for its use all across the world which thereafter its being used to buy anything on major sites.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I use cryptocurrency only like speculation thing. I am trader. And i also think, that 90% of people, who use cryptocurrency, they use it for speculation and nothing else. If we talk about daily life, i use normal fiat there.
Use them for a certain purpose. Maybe the sales increase and then change to currency. It is also possible to trade things on the internet by means of electronic money. If applicable, they can replace any cash flow on social networks.
Pages:
Jump to: