Pages:
Author

Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs - page 5. (Read 54620 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 1
If all newbies that are coming into cryptocurrency can listen to this advice we will see less people crying and regretting about their investments gone wrong, but they will not listen and just invest because of some hype or friends advice.
Activity: 429
Merit: 10
Of course I did research before I invested in ICOs because the project in a project you did not study could be lost because many of today's projects are pledged as much as possible even after the project.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
obviously everyone is research on there behalf.because they invest there money. More Then 90% ICO Are Flop Now A Days. First We Need To See How Strong There Team. What is the vision Of The Project. Do they Have Working Product.all these point are important while researching a good project
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
If you have more capital to invest, either choose to “purchase the dip” on your existing coin(s) or spread out your risk by investing in other high market cap coins like XRP, ETH, BTC, ZEC, etc.

Only you’ll be able to determine which one you’re interested in according to your own due diligence and fundamental analysis. You can also choose whichever one fits into your underlying principles or aligns with your interests when investing in a coin.
Activity: 574
ICO still has very good potential to generate profits. But not all ICO projects can make a profit. Many ICO projects are not real. So, you need to do research if you want to invest. You must learn a lot about the ICO project and conduct a thorough examination. If you check there are doubts you should not invest.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
It is strongly recommended to conduct research when you are going to make a purchase at ICO, because of how many investors have suffered heavy losses due to the ICO at this time, so research is very important.
Activity: 357
Yes actually this is to prevent losing of investment but it seems tht ICO's now was down and the trend now is IEO,i remembered when the last time that i join in ICO my investment was losses almost 20% because the price of it was dumped so for now i dont trust any ICO as for now only.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
yes, usually, for example, if I join the ICO or IEO, I will do some research about tokens or coins that are sold like the use of coins and how the support given by the team and also the community owned by the coin.
Activity: 476
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
ohhh hill yes Lol. because theres a lot of scammers here u need to be secured about your moves. you need to do a lot of research like a detective. i will promise you will make a profit.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

This should be the standard requirement for every peoples in cryptocurrency.
If we don't do our research prior investing in ICO, then we may getting scammed by fraudster.
Nowadays peoples prefer to investing in IEO than ICO, because there were many scam projects.

Often times it is peoples own fault for being scammed. Their greed takes control of their brain. You can't blame ICO for that. They willingly hand over their money and some even hand over personal details along with it.
How ridiculous is that? There many decent projects the thing is people lose momentum and give up on them.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network

i agree with you,
but not only ICO, we must do our best research before investing on STO ans IEO too
because, sometimes a project has  lot of hype in the beginning or at Crowdsate even, but after the token sale succed, there is no active developments from the project
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
Researching about an ICO before investing into it is a very good decision and it also helps you know the exact project in which you should invest into and those which you should not invest into. Doing this research also helps you to understand the project and know their exact use case that they are offering to the to the world.
Activity: 1260

This should be the standard requirement for every peoples in cryptocurrency.
If we don't do our research prior investing in ICO, then we may getting scammed by fraudster.
Nowadays peoples prefer to investing in IEO than ICO, because there were many scam projects.
Activity: 390
yeah i do it, i always do research first before start invest in some ICO.
you know ICO now is a danger zone for investor, if you just take out without selecting first you will get loss.
we need extra becareful now with ICO.
Activity: 318
Pro investors are reviewing project before joining to avoid an scam but for beginners they invest and invest and dont making reviews about the project so they are being scam and lose profits.but on pro investors they avoid scams by reviewing the projects because they learned about their past experiences on investing so they are wiser than before.And now if you are looking for a good bounty projects to invest must try Dencoin it has the potential token and it is a good project that can bring us profits.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
crypto investment is full of risks, what's more, now there are so many ico scam so doing a lot of research before investment is necessary and must be done so that kite doesn't experience big losses
It's very challenging to get in with a good project that will bring you good outcome, there's a lots of scam around this market so doing a deeper research will guide you to track the right project to support, with your own interpretations of the possible potential you will be able to sort good token/coin to invest your money and received good profits in returned.
Activity: 29
This is now like a music sang all over this forum. I wonder what will still make people fall victims of scam projects. Well, there's still good projects that fail even when it's clear they are good. Don't know if those can be referred as scam.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
sometimes the research that I did end in chaos, I only made a loss. I am increasingly using the research techniques that I have done for an ICO project.
even now I decided to pause from investing in cryptocurrencies or an ICO
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
Okay, I'm gonna answer your post's title, Of course, you have to do some research because you're investing your money. We all know that we have to invest what we afford to lose but we have to make sure that our investment must have a win-win situation not just throwing them or giving them away.
We are investing to gain profit so if you don't do your own research what will be your assurance to gain more?
Activity: 509
I always stick to this strategy.  Because it is the verification of projects and their analysis saves me from scammers.  But even this is not a panacea.  It does not always help.
Pages:
Jump to: