Pages:
Author

Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs - page 9. (Read 54620 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 10
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

I agree, because investments like this requires a lot of knowledge because this is our own hard money to be invested in such project, hoping that it could gain an income in the long run after the project is going to live in any exchanges, this is also my advise to my friends who are also investing in ICO to take further study before investing.
Activity: 728
yes, I did research before investing in the ICO. especially tokens that have been sold, the team works well, the website is always updated and the telegram group is always crowded. do not try to invest ICO before you do the above.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
this is definitely what we always remind to every cryptocurrency investors, not only for new comer also for those who has been long time experience in cryptocurrency, we can become rich man if we put our money in a very good project or ICO but also it has very high risk if you involve your self on ICO without any proper research. this ICO nowaday, has become the equipment for scmmer to get benefit, i hope everyone can learn and take some knowledge in this forum.
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
It's really appropiate to make a good and valid research before investing not only in the ICO but it was for all the alts in the cryptomarket to be applied. Through this, we can avoid being scam. Because nowadays scammers are everywhere. You didn't might know that your prospect project was a scam so check every detail of every project. But when you constantly prove that the project was real and good like the dencoin so be in it, join and participate.
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
I usually study the ICO project that I will buy first, such as reading the whitepaper from the ICO and looking for data about the project owner, so that our investment is more secure
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Of course, we mustn't invest in ICOs or IEOs without taking research firstly. Put our money on random projects is absolutely too risky and possible to lose it. At least, we have tried to prevent everything through research and analysis in order to minimize the scam.
Not all ICOs are promising to be invested especially for future investment. For, we know that most ICOs will be probably valuable after hodl in a year or more. That is why being careful and smart in choosing the right ICO by good analysis is a must.

In addition to research and analysis, maybe some of the things we need to do is we have to be smart to look at ICO / IEO projects because there are many things that can be understood in each project such as concepts, team development and roadmap. it determines the success of the project and we can choose it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
Its been almost 2 years since the cryptomarket boomed, along with it is the ICOs who would want to ride the band wagon. Within that year ICOs and its bounties are profitable. Though at that time we still need to be very careful on what bounties and ICOs we invest our time and money with as the scammers who would want to take money from these people who does not know anything in the industry, are lurking. Right now any people who would want to invest in any cryptocurrency and ICOs should always study or review the project or the market as they will either be scammed or the market will not take interest in the project.
copper member
Activity: 657
Merit: 1
I always tell people about the risk involved in ICOs, so it's relevant to do thorough personal research before participating in any token sale. Have you looked into the product? Is the team trustworthy? Is the token economics cool? Can they achieve the project aim?
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
I agree that only experienced investors should consider ICO for investment. For beginners, it is better to pay attention to the IEO, but only from large exchanges, such as Binance. Exchanges are in the selection of projects and carry reputational risks.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
Right, that is why we discuss about people who not want to research by themself and only follow someone that influence him in crypto. Because he will always follow what other said and can't decide by themself.
as long as they benefit and can control their own investments I think that is not a problem. because the problem is when he loses investment and he can only blame the person and not accepting the loss he received is his fault.
yes, because not being careful to invest causes him to lose money. blame others for the mistakes he made from the beginning. eradicating fraudsters in the ICO is very difficult because they usually use other people's identities.
About anonym team of developer, i think it is our job to warn others. In here i found people give an suggestion each other if the project not really good in general. Like if no escrow, anonym team, etc. Maybe what be blamed in this discussion is someone who told them(investors) to buy coin with it's hype.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
I did not invest to one project that I did not know the details or any background because it will not help me to know if the project are is going to scam or not if I do not do research. That's the no. 1 problem of others why all the ICO invested is scam even in the year 2017 which the ICo's most successful. Doing research is necessary is better to do always to prevent any problems.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

Sometimes it's so hard to find out about the project that, investors are shifting to IEO and STO because they want to make it easy finding the right project to invest and what STO and IEO are offering are safer and convenience to them.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
The first rule is to do proper researches. It is no doubt better to invest some time for analyzing a project. The scammers are so professional already. This forum is perfect to discuss anything about an ICO.
there are several discussions about project scam, it really helps us in assessing and analyzing ICO or IEO projects. when there is a project that has been indicated a scam, then I make sure not to join the project. even though the truth is still not proven 100%, we must choose a project that is really clean.
Exceptions don't have a strong effect regarding the impact of scam ICOs to the community. Even the ICOs that brought famous faces to the project can give the wrong impression. Investing wisely requires to make research before sending funds to the token sale.
Activity: 1489
Merit: 150
ICO is sometimes very beneficial if we can read the Whitepaper and also check the Team and also the project mission, because many ICOs are successful and many fail, so we have to check it very carefully.
Activity: 826
Merit: 11

Nice post as it somehow serves as a reminder for all the crypto enthusiasts, investors and traders to always 'dyor' and to be cauteous and be aware of the project that you participate with. But risk will always be part of the game in any business venture that we intend to do or join. Knowledge with what you wanted to do will definitely lessen the risk though so we better be equip with right knowledge, skills, strategy and understanding about cryptocurrency and how it work.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
I have repeatedly expressed my opinion that IEO will not be able to carry out each new project.  That is why the company's ico market will continue to exist.  For the spare half year average, we see the results of 2 different concepts, the development of new projects, and the company's ico market is still afloat.
Activity: 644
Up to this time people learn so many lesson about scammers because of ICOs. There are so many examples that justify the risky of investing crypto without proper research. Now a days IEOs are getting more and more popular people should make more research about IEOs also.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
The first rule is to do proper researches. It is no doubt better to invest some time for analyzing a project. The scammers are so professional already. This forum is perfect to discuss anything about an ICO.
Increasingly, there are more and more scammers by manipulating the ICO which is very difficult to blow up which are true and false. I strongly agree if I have to wage time for a study that will have a good impact on ICO. So it's not wrong to do that.
Activity: 686
Merit: 255
Right, that is why we discuss about people who not want to research by themself and only follow someone that influence him in crypto. Because he will always follow what other said and can't decide by themself.
as long as they benefit and can control their own investments I think that is not a problem. because the problem is when he loses investment and he can only blame the person and not accepting the loss he received is his fault.
yes, because not being careful to invest causes him to lose money. blame others for the mistakes he made from the beginning. eradicating fraudsters in the ICO is very difficult because they usually use other people's identities.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
there are several discussions about project scam, it really helps us in assessing and analyzing ICO or IEO projects. when there is a project that has been indicated a scam, then I make sure not to join the project. even though the truth is still not proven 100%, we must choose a project that is really clean.
Pages:
Jump to: