Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs - page 24. (Read 2957 times)

Activity: 744
Merit: 266
March 15, 2018, 03:30:11 PM
It definitely does. Bitcoin being the dominant cryptocurrency in the whole crypto marketcap, affects the price of almost all the coins directly or indirectly. Since, almost all the coins have btc pair, altcoin prices tend to follow btc. Also, eth being the major driving force of ICO is also affected largely by btc price fluctuation
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 15, 2018, 03:27:42 PM
I hope that soon we will lose dependence on the base currency of the crypto-currency called bitcoin! And it will happen as soon as people start using tokens of projects not only for speculative purposes! So in many ways everything depends on us regular users! This is my personal opinion.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
March 15, 2018, 03:10:56 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

Every movement of the bitcoin price influences the all altcoin prices, nearly no exceptions. And I don't like that situation. I really hope to see many altcoins which have really big power and are not influenced by bitcoin's price anymore.
Activity: 107
Merit: 5
March 15, 2018, 03:01:24 PM
Many altcoins are still closely linked to bitcoin, as it only dictates the fall and growth of investments in the market. That's the problem.

I think yes, bitcoin price is affecting ICO's. Bitcoin is like gold reserve in our current monetary system. Bitcoin serves like that in some way.  So if bitcoin price is low, most of the ICO's are also low and if bitcoin is high, then Alts will be high as well. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
March 15, 2018, 02:55:06 PM
Many altcoins are still closely linked to bitcoin, as it only dictates the fall and growth of investments in the market. That's the problem.
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
March 14, 2018, 05:32:11 AM
When the price of Bitcoin increase holders become reacher and they want to invest more. Then the number of participants in ICOs is growing and projects gather more money

people don't get rich in a bull run either unless they cash out, but during these times people feel they are getting a lot richer and therefore take greater risks. We see the opposite happening now. As people fear they are getting poor again they are less prone to take risks.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
March 13, 2018, 05:11:46 PM
If whole market is down and alts follow the bitcoin this market circle means hot money leaves bitcoin and going to alts. Same scenario for ICOs: If market is red and someone wanna to invest with fiat it is profitable for him. But only few percent of investors are converting fiat to cryptos in order to participate in ICO.
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun
March 13, 2018, 05:03:07 PM
Somehow yes because the mindset of these ICO investors if the market is failing it is so risky to invest to these ICOs that is why less people are risking their money with the ICOs when the market is so bearish,i dont really think there will be a good explanation why,but that is how these investors thinks,they are sticking with the USDT that is why they wont invest to these ICOs.
Activity: 490
March 13, 2018, 04:44:06 PM
The whole crypto world is connected with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is now directly reflecting on ICO, but investors are comparing everything with Bitcoin and try to judge from Bitcoins price.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
March 13, 2018, 04:39:56 PM
Everything in cryptocurrency is linked to the price of bitcoin, so yes, it will affect ICO's in a number of ways.  If bitcoin prices are low, the ICO's may not raise enough funds and do not meet the soft cap requirement.  People tend to also not want to invest in anything (fear) when bitcoin prices are tumbling. 
Activity: 812
BountyMarketCap
March 13, 2018, 04:36:16 PM
yes it does effect icos, btc generally defines the nature of crypto market, when the btc is bullish the market volume is increasing and new money is entering the market rapidly, icos also receive bigger and faster funds during such market, while in bearish market most people panic and cashout their investments, no new investments are made including icos, effecting them negatively.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 13, 2018, 04:34:53 PM
Yes it is,because if bitcoin's price is failing all of the investors doesnt want to put their money at risk especially to thes ICOs because most of these projects are turning into scam that is why they wont join any of these if the market is crashing,but on the other hand if the market is bullish most of the investors are willing to put their money in these ICOs.
March 13, 2018, 04:24:31 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

BTC will always the barometer for the price of alternate currencies/ICOs. If BTC takes a hit, usually everything else goes down also.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
March 13, 2018, 04:19:56 PM
The crypto money market is affected by everything. tab is the most expensive btc in this market. btc is affecting most ico prices.
I agree with you. Bitcoin is the king of crypto and it affects the price of alt coins and on ICO. I know that many campaigns do not want to start trading during the strong fall of bitcoin.
Activity: 275
March 13, 2018, 04:17:43 PM
Yes it is,if the bitcoin's price fail many of these ICOs wont get good numbers of investors especially when the market is bearish few ICOs will be able to achieve success,and if the market is in bullish trend these ICOs are achieving success getting hardcap easily because the ICO investors are willing to give their bitcoins to these projects.
This is true,less ICOs are getting success when the market is bearish because there are less investors willing to risk their money in a failing trend.On the otherhand if the market is bullish,most of these ICOs are hitting hardcap that is why i am waitin for the market to be bullish so that i can join these solid ICOs in my watch list.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 04:15:45 PM
The crypto money market is affected by everything. tab is the most expensive btc in this market. btc is affecting most ico prices.
Activity: 182
March 13, 2018, 04:09:06 PM
Yes it is,if the bitcoin's price fail many of these ICOs wont get good numbers of investors especially when the market is bearish few ICOs will be able to achieve success,and if the market is in bullish trend these ICOs are achieving success getting hardcap easily because the ICO investors are willing to give their bitcoins to these projects.
Activity: 125
March 13, 2018, 03:12:22 PM
Mostly ETH price will affect for ico's .because most of them using ETH for ico
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 03:12:08 PM
Of course it does. It is base currency for many altcoins and also bitcoin is the most watched crypto. It basically determines mood on the crypto market.
Activity: 854
March 13, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
Bitcoin price is one of the price markers, so of course its rate affects ICO, as well as bounty managers and the team could be paid in BTC or ETH.
Pages:
Jump to: