Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs - page 18. (Read 2957 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 10
April 25, 2018, 08:26:18 PM
Some ICO accept bitcoin or ethereum as payment. Thus, when the price of bitcoin isn't good, people don't want to spend the bitcoins because they will receive smaller coins. So, it really influences ICO. That is why most ICO fail in such market situation.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
April 25, 2018, 07:53:18 PM
When bitcoin price is falling, people don't seem to be interested in buying ICOs. But if people bought bitcoin at a low price and wait for it to grow, then they have more fiat value and can afford to buy ICOs
Activity: 308
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
April 24, 2018, 04:37:35 PM
On the implementation of the project, you require fiat money as a rule. It is unlikely that you will find people who will, for example, design for a crypto currency, so many ICO collect money for fiat
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
April 24, 2018, 04:00:22 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

Bitcoin is the main platform of cryptocurrencies. of course it affects ICOs directly.
ICOs come from bitcoin which is splitted to new initial coins and tokens. the lower price of bitcoin, the more new initial coins will offered, because the developers can take the advantage from a low price of bitcoin that can be splitted to much more coins/tokens than high price of bitcoin.

When a bear market begins, it's best to go to the Fiat. And ico projects fall even faster than bitcoin. If you want to profit from this, it is better to invest for one year or more and forget about this investment
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 03:46:47 PM
The value of bitcoin psychologically determines the global value of the crypto market, so it is clear that its influence on ICO is enormous
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 24, 2018, 03:44:42 PM
if the price on the market falls, it affects the development of the project - it slows down, and for investors it does not get the expected profit.

Yes, the ICO will not be developing so fast, but for investors, the price of Bitcoin does not mean a lot if you spend your BTC for the project. Investing in an ICO is even a good way to reduce your loss when market is down.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
April 11, 2018, 12:52:21 AM
This is definitely going to happen. If the price of Bitcoin falls, investors might not want to purchase any ICO, except for very few. Those who bought their Bitcoi at higher rate will not be able to afford buying ICO if the Bitcoin eventually plummets.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 08, 2018, 07:49:17 AM
If the ICO is in bitcoin platform or they accepting bitcoins as payments or investments on their project then it is really affecting because they have already set the exact amount of btc to buy their tokens and they are also have allocations of tokens or sometimes with bonus bitcoins to their bounty programs.
Activity: 266
April 06, 2018, 01:30:38 PM
Yes, it affects ICOs heavily
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
April 06, 2018, 01:27:12 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

Bitcoin is the main platform of cryptocurrencies. of course it affects ICOs directly.
ICOs come from bitcoin which is splitted to new initial coins and tokens. the lower price of bitcoin, the more new initial coins will offered, because the developers can take the advantage from a low price of bitcoin that can be splitted to much more coins/tokens than high price of bitcoin.
Activity: 434
April 06, 2018, 12:44:55 PM
I don't think bitcoin price affect ICOs. The only reason I can relate is that when bitcoin price goes down, no one is willing to buy a coin not even a coin which has no fate in the cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 08:13:17 AM
Bitcoin price definitely affects some ICO. If there is drop in bitcoin price, other altcoins like Ethereum will drop and most of these major coins are what investors use in investing in ICO. Which means, if there is a drop, there might not be much sales as expected and this may indirect affect the listing of the project on exchange.
Merit: 11
April 05, 2018, 03:38:40 PM
It is not so complicated. Most of the crypto depend on BTC price, but banksters that have bought all exchanges and printing tether as they want can do with BTC price anything. And when BTC goes down, ETH is also speculative so far. And most of the ICOs are ETH-based tokens...
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
April 05, 2018, 10:13:32 AM
I believe that bitcoin is an indicator on the market, and the price of altcoins depends on its price. As we see the current situation this confirmation. If the situation on the market is bad, then investors refrain from investing and ICO projects do not collect the necessary amounts. Personally, my opinion.
Activity: 187
April 05, 2018, 10:13:15 AM
For new people to cryptocurreny, maybe YES.

Example : I want to contribute to an ICO but, bitcoin price is getting lower. I may think "its bad, cryptocurrency is turning into ashes" and I decide to not contributing in that ICO just because I think "cryptocurrency world is going to end"
Activity: 126
April 05, 2018, 10:11:52 AM
right . The price of BTC has a strong influence on ICO projects. I think that as the price of BTC increases, ICO will be more successful and will be listed on the big exchanges. But when Bitcoin prices drop, they may become scammers
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
April 05, 2018, 10:10:10 AM
I think there is more a psychological thing. When bitcoin is dumping everybody is feared to lose money. So instead of buyin in cheap, they sell everything to get safe in fiat money. And when bitcoin is rising, everbody is happy and is open handed and want to invest and has no fear anymore to loose money. So its funny to see how the biggest shit ico reach their hardcap while bull market and other very good ico reach barely their softcap while the bear market.
Merit: 100
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
April 05, 2018, 10:03:08 AM
obviously Yes.I am sure that when the bitcoin rate is low then the projects get a lot more investment than when the rate is high
Activity: 168
ONe Social Network
April 05, 2018, 09:45:12 AM
Of course it does, because if bitcoin falls in price and all the altcoins too, and through this people are afraid of ICO!
Activity: 196
April 05, 2018, 09:42:05 AM
ico is the most sensible investment in the world of crypto money primarily. The btc price affects everything. because all the coins are indexed to btc. I think it is not only affected by the ico period btc price.
Pages:
Jump to: