Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs - page 17. (Read 2957 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
May 02, 2018, 10:57:02 PM
When bitcoin picks up, the whole market picks up,
People will be more optimistic about ICOs, and ICOs are more likely to reach hard cap.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
May 02, 2018, 04:59:58 PM
Definitely not. I believe it only affects cryptocurrency already in the market due to bitcoin dominance but not projects that have not been traded yet.

Actually Bitcoin price affect ICO's,  though almost all ICO are peg to USD price or ETH price, the price of Bitcoin still dictates how many token of ICO an investor can buy.  They have a direct effect on it because by setting an example of Bitcoin having a high price, it will definitely buy more token than Bitcoin having lower price.  Aside from that, if by the time of an ICO period where Bitcoin is at low price, and the project gathers a lot of Bitcoin and after sometime, the price of Bitcoin doubles, this will automatically makes the buying power or funds of ICO doubles. So yes, price of bitcoin affect ICOs.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
May 02, 2018, 04:54:56 PM
Now we can see the strong influence of bitcoin on the whole altcoins and ICOs market. The price of bitcoin is falling, so many people have adopted a waiting strategy, and do not want to invest in coins and ICOs. This caused the outflow of money from crypto and the fall of many ICOs.
Activity: 210
May 02, 2018, 04:32:05 PM
I am certainly positive that bitcoin's value affects these ICOs ,as bitcoin's value dropped most of the altcoins in the market are going down including ethereum which is the based of these ICO projects,if ethereum's market is going to fall there will be less investors to these projects which is why im sure there will be less successful ICOs when the market is in bearish trend.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
YES!  it will affect ICO's in a number of ways.  If bitcoin prices are low, the ICO's may not raise enough funds and do not meet the soft cap requirement. I think that nowdays bitcoin affect on everithing
Activity: 280
May 01, 2018, 05:00:25 AM
As i have noticed when BTC price goes down, it affect all cryptos, so when the bitcoin prices goes down, it will also affect in ICO because their token will also be low at any exchanges.
Activity: 85
May 01, 2018, 05:00:03 AM
Most definitely! Bitcoin is a the most singular coin that all the coin including tokens are priced against. Therefore, if anything  happen to bitcoin prices it is easily felt by cryptocurrency ecosystem in general!

Yes they are directly impacted with fluctuations of bitcoin prices. But to elaborate more, when bitcoin price decreases, many altcoin asset holders would trade their coins for bitcoin, since its price is dropping and they will view it as a perfect time to invest.
Given the volume out of an alt, its market price will then decrease as a consequence.
Though that is but one of the reasons, but the most logical explanation.

On another note, don't confuse ICOs as alts. ICOs are yet to enter the market and therefore cannot be referred to as altcoin or a coin.
Anyway, I believe same principle applies as what you have explained. When investors invest in ICOs, then dip comes in, most of these investors may trade their assets for bitcoin, and affect prices in turn.
So yes, it can affect ICOs.
Activity: 65
May 01, 2018, 04:53:47 AM
Most definitely! Bitcoin is a the most singular coin that all the coin including tokens are priced against. Therefore, if anything  happen to bitcoin prices it is easily felt by cryptocurrency ecosystem in general!

Yes they are directly impacted with fluctuations of bitcoin prices. But to elaborate more, when bitcoin price decreases, many altcoin asset holders would trade their coins for bitcoin, since its price is dropping and they will view it as a perfect time to invest.
Given the volume out of an alt, its market price will then decrease as a consequence.
Though that is but one of the reasons, but the most logical explanation.
Activity: 120
May 01, 2018, 04:48:30 AM
When Bitcoin falls, all mainstream currencies in the market will fall, and many ICOs will invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum, so there will definitely be a certain degree of ICO impact.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 01, 2018, 04:41:01 AM
Activity: 336
May 01, 2018, 04:38:13 AM
Certainly, the price of BTC affects different ICOs and the market as a whole, if the BTC is worth a little, then the tokens that enter the stock exchange can be very low in price and it's bad because it will lose those who have invested their money
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
May 01, 2018, 04:37:10 AM
Definitely not. I believe it only affects cryptocurrency already in the market due to bitcoin dominance but not projects that have not been traded yet.
Activity: 336
May 01, 2018, 04:33:20 AM
There are some external factors and internal factors that we should consider.
I think yes, because some companies also invest in bitcoins so if there is any changes from its market value in the block chain market there are also outside effect from ICO copanies.
Activity: 434
April 26, 2018, 07:46:53 AM
To a certain extent, it will affect. Some ICO projects use BTC as a trading coin. This is affirmative.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
April 25, 2018, 09:02:28 PM
hello buddy
yes, bitcoin, ALT coin, and ICO coin all included cryptocurrency. today bitcoin is still the center point of movement of value from the world of crypto. so we know when the price of Bitcoin moves down then another coin will follow it.
Activity: 168
April 25, 2018, 09:00:22 PM
BTC is still the king of crypto and it will affect the price of small ICO. It is the benchmark of all small currencies and ico's right now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 182
April 25, 2018, 08:43:42 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
It seems yes, people are looking for opportunity when bitcoin price go up, actually not only bitcoin price but wh9le of cryptocurrency market is becoming positive, once again it's not only for long term, market will become negative then positive again as usual, cryptocurrency market is always like that.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
Cryptocurrency is Dilema
April 25, 2018, 08:39:25 PM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

Bitcoin is the main platform of cryptocurrencies. of course it affects ICOs directly.
ICOs come from bitcoin which is splitted to new initial coins and tokens. the lower price of bitcoin, the more new initial coins will offered, because the developers can take the advantage from a low price of bitcoin that can be splitted to much more coins/tokens than high price of bitcoin.
yup, i aggre with you. as we can see this what happend right now or couple month ago when the bitcoin prices is up, then the token price is going up too
Activity: 308
April 25, 2018, 08:34:01 PM

Yes it actually affects the prices of every cryptocurrency in the market, always remember that the altcoins are tether to bitcoins prices as well and that is the reason why we are having a volatile market everyday.
Activity: 168
April 25, 2018, 08:31:48 PM
I think the answer is yes. The price of Bitcoin not only affects ico's , but also affects all cryptocurrencies.
After all, Bitcoin's price is one of the most important indicators in this market.
Many people will watch Bitcoin's prices and act.
Pages:
Jump to: