Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs - page 26. (Read 2957 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 104
March 11, 2018, 03:07:49 AM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
Yes it does affect because bitcoin in the basis of every altcoin, when bitcoin is in dump the ico will be in slump also, bitcoin is the basis as i said. But bitcoin is very fast in going back to normal but is also fast in dumping and that is the risky part of bitcoin in today's market. Also some icos are paying their bounty participants directly as bitcoin that is why bitcoin also affects the bounty.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
March 11, 2018, 03:01:38 AM
Yes it is.
If some icos has their payments as bitcoin. the price of ICO's token got more expensive.
Also affects altcoins prices, if bitcoin going down, the price of altcoins is going down also.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
March 11, 2018, 03:57:38 AM
I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

I think the effect I'm seeing is that maybe investors will shy away from investing in ICO when they see that the top crypto is falling. So they will have a second doubt, because why would I invest into crypto when the current situation is very sensitive and there's a lot of pressure in the price?

So everything goes with bitcoin. And this have been proven already, except during the December frenzy.

We understand that most ICO is Ethereum centric, but where does one gauge Ethereum. Exactly, based on bitcoin current price and sentiments.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
March 11, 2018, 03:39:00 AM
bitcoin still strongly dominates all existing crypto and bitcoin is an indicator, whether the market will rise or fall.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
March 11, 2018, 03:35:05 AM
it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
March 11, 2018, 03:19:16 AM

In my opinions YES , because it all starts with BTC let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then BTC drop same as ETH then also tokens under ETH will also dump the price . I noticed that when I saw the market is all red and then after few days market is all green so I think when BTC is red all are red or some may increase but most well known crypto will be red .
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 03:10:42 AM
I do not know much but what I have realized is that if Bitcoin value goes down, almost all other coins and tokens also go down. So I will say ICO performance depends on the time the ICO is being held.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
March 11, 2018, 03:09:34 AM

I think it affects the ICO projects heavily. Just imagine scenario where ICO projects have raised X funds before they launched their project. Here the price of bitcoin was at its highest point. So if you consider that price and X funds then practically they had lots of funds in their possession. Depending on that they might just regulate the roadmaps and new development.

However, in the next scene if the price of bitcoin drops badly then ICO funds will get reduced as well thus making the ICO roadmaps and development to halt as ICO will be loosing their funds as soon as the prices drop. This can affect it severely I guess.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 11, 2018, 03:02:57 AM
When the bitcoin has slumped, and other altcoin will fall, so new ICO tokens can appear an extreme case, when these tokens to list on the exchange, so will be below the issue price.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI
March 11, 2018, 01:57:57 AM
Pages:
Jump to: