Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 155. (Read 304484 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
May 20, 2016, 05:39:52 AM
Price of bitcoin truly matters, because most users get attracted of the price and starts using bitcoin. Only later they understand all other advantageous decentralized nature and all. So for growth and increased adoption bitcoin price matters and plays a big role.
yeah thats right dude. prices have brought me into the world of bitcoin when I first saw the news about bitcoin which has skyrocketed and sky-high prices. so at that moment I interested to become members bitcoin
Me too, I did not discover it when the price is just low which I wished that it happened to me. The price of bitcoin now is really stable and high, that means if this is considered an asset, it is valuable. It will continue to increase as many people are using it for their daily transactions.

In my case, it's not like that. The price of bitcoin when I first entered the scene is around $220 - $250. That is not a high price to consider. This means that I involved myself here because it has a fiat value. So even I first meetup in bitcoin at $50, I will still enter. Im used to earn low penny for almost months doing PTC that's why I involved in this kind of online opportunity.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
May 20, 2016, 04:41:11 AM
The price of Bitcoin is really important for the users that is using Bitcoin because with the value of Bitcoin they can do a lot of things and that is nice for the Bitcoin itself.
So it will be also more used and they can also earn some more money with it if the value is higher.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
May 20, 2016, 01:33:02 AM
Price of bitcoin truly matters, because most users get attracted of the price and starts using bitcoin. Only later they understand all other advantageous decentralized nature and all. So for growth and increased adoption bitcoin price matters and plays a big role.
yeah thats right dude. prices have brought me into the world of bitcoin when I first saw the news about bitcoin which has skyrocketed and sky-high prices. so at that moment I interested to become members bitcoin
Me too, I did not discover it when the price is just low which I wished that it happened to me. The price of bitcoin now is really stable and high, that means if this is considered an asset, it is valuable. It will continue to increase as many people are using it for their daily transactions.
Activity: 476
May 20, 2016, 12:16:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 1162
May 19, 2016, 11:57:33 PM
some people say that the price would be problematic if bitcoin bitcoin has an inflation. bitcoin does have stable prices. however, some agencies now have started using bitcoin.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 19, 2016, 11:53:34 PM
Activity: 322
May 19, 2016, 10:38:04 PM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

of course, because bitcoin without the price I do not think so-called currency. And for investors, the price is important in their trade.
Just my opinion, thanks for let me post here:)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 19, 2016, 06:57:32 PM
I think the price of the bitcoin does matter indeed because without the price a lot of people will not use the bitcoin or invest in it because they do not see a real price linked to it in my opinion.
maybe if bitcoin is a cell phone or a piece of jewelry that can see beauty. maybe the price is something that the number 2 is not too important. but bitcoin is a commodity and a currency investment. where many investors are in it. of course the price rate will be very important for bitcoin
Activity: 448
May 19, 2016, 05:26:31 PM
Yea except that a certain someone holds an estimated 1,000,000 Bitcoins. A dump of that magnitude would rip through all of our safety nets. And it would likely trigger a domino effect along the way, sending regular Bitcoin holders into a panic-selling frenzy.

The dwellers of the We Are Waiting for $100/BTC thread will be happy, lol
Lol, yeah. every community has their trolls. i guess the trolls in the $100 dollar threads will shut their mouths once bitcoin (continues) to soar. particularly this summer when the blocks halve.

No, they will go totally wild
Well, i suppose how all trolls act. Check out some of them that have a signature campaign. they're really making a profit.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 19, 2016, 04:22:59 PM
Yea except that a certain someone holds an estimated 1,000,000 Bitcoins. A dump of that magnitude would rip through all of our safety nets. And it would likely trigger a domino effect along the way, sending regular Bitcoin holders into a panic-selling frenzy.

Lol, yeah. every community has their trolls. i guess the trolls in the $100 dollar threads will shut their mouths once bitcoin (continues) to soar. particularly this summer when the blocks halve.

No, they will go totally wild
Activity: 448
May 19, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

legendary
May 19, 2016, 03:53:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
May 19, 2016, 03:47:53 PM
I think the price of the bitcoin does matter indeed because without the price a lot of people will not use the bitcoin or invest in it because they do not see a real price linked to it in my opinion.

That's true majority of people are using bitcoin only to make money from it and they will buy when price falls and sell when price goes higher so price really matters in bitcoin.

Yes I think price is the major factor that draws attention of many new users towards the bitcoin, just imagine if price would be below $100 then no one would interested in it.
What makes you think that when the price would drop to $100 that no one will be interested in it?

It really makes no sense as a lot people will see $100 prices as a once in a lifetime opportunity to enter the marker at such low prices.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
May 19, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

It will destroyed too the fiat reserves if that single person holding 1,000,000 will do some dumping party. It will affect the inflation system that's why price must not reached too much high to the point of considering at as a unrealistic.
legendary
Activity: 1148
May 19, 2016, 01:50:22 AM
Wanna know if th price matters?

Start investing in bitcoin and you'll know the importance and the real role of bitcoin price.

That's true once you get in trading you will know it and basically even a cent counts. You will always wanted the price of bitcoin will high when you are going to sell it, and you want it low when you want to buy it.
That is very true. If you've invested the money you have in the form of bitcoin, I assure you, every day you will always see the development of bitcoin
The price of Bitcoin is the most important in Bitcoin because you can do almost everything with it and that is nice and if the price is high you can earn a lot of money with it so that is nice.
But the bad thing of Bitcoin is that you cant control it and that is the most risky thing also in Bitcoin.
The price of bitcoins is its face, if the price will go down, it always implies a negative indication. We need to help the price of the bitcoin to be more stable and let us hope that it will continue to rise to gain the trust and support of the big players in the industry.

we as normal traders don't even make a dent in the price individually. people need to group up in order to form solid buy support. even then it will be very difficult as whales will still be able to dump through the buy support.
Yeah! that is partially true, but I think the whales in bitcoin is not really that big that would affect much the  price movement when they dump. Bitcoins has a lot of its users with individual accounts and since it has been existing for a long time, it is already owned by a lot of people. It is not like an altcoins where some only own a large portion of the total distribution.

Apparently, it can be notice with the way the price reacts and in the market, there is really no abrupt increase or decrease in any event, therefore I can say that there is more likely equal distribution of coins nowadays compared to its early stage.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 18, 2016, 08:08:58 PM
In my eyes the price does matter for us all because we all want to keep an eye on it if you ask me.
I want to see the price when its good but also when its bad so I can exactly see what is going on.

Panics can also be seen through that.  Grin How about this, to the readers: Try to remember the time you are just starting, then compare it too now. In my experience I dont care about the price when I am still new here. I just earn and earn and try to make a lot to see if it is really good.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 18, 2016, 04:30:35 PM
In my eyes the price does matter for us all because we all want to keep an eye on it if you ask me.
I want to see the price when its good but also when its bad so I can exactly see what is going on.
Activity: 812
May 18, 2016, 04:09:39 PM
I don't know about others but the price of bitcoin really matters to me as I will only invest my money in bitcoin when the price is low for me.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 18, 2016, 04:02:26 PM

That's true majority of people are using bitcoin only to make money from it and they will buy when price falls and sell when price goes higher so price really matters in bitcoin.

Yes I think price is the major factor that draws attention of many new users towards the bitcoin, just imagine if price would be below $100 then no one would interested in it.

Why you very sure about that, it is not promise that no one would interested with bitcoin. In my opinion, when the price of bitcoin down until 100 Dollars there will many user whi interested to buy bitcoin in big amount. Because the most of bitcoin user usually buy bitcoin in low price and then sell it when the price go up.
legendary
May 18, 2016, 02:08:02 PM
I don't know anything about this Yobit exchange (btw, it is a taboo word in my native language, lol), but if what you say is true, it smells fishy and most likely means that they are going to scam their users soon...

Remember Willy the Bot?
These smaller exchanges always operate in favor of the exchange owner(s).

Bittrex is doing the exact same thing with certain altcoin markets.

It's not fair but I don't really see this as scamming. It's more as insider trading. Let's call it cheating

I think all major exchanges are doing the same, but because of volume traded it is more difficult to notice. Unless they lose the last remnants of decency and begin cheating openly, of course. A few years ago I caught Craptsy front-running their orders (with irresistible proofs). This didn't bode well, and now we see what's become of that exchange...

Needless to say that in "real" world such things incur severe penalties from supervising bodies (like CFTC and SEC in the US)

That's right!
It's just a little bit disappointing because they control altcoin's price when other people are hoping that the alt will go moon.
But it didn't, it just go on sky and then suddenly drop to hell

I don't think they can somehow control the price of major altcoins (such as Dogecoin, for example). I'd rather assume that pumps&dumps are a result of a coordinated effort of a group of people trading the manipulated coin at a few top exchanges. The exchanges can hardly contrive such tricks themselves...

Unless they do manage to coordinate their efforts with each other, indeed
Jump to: