Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 156. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2016, 01:29:22 PM
I think the price of the bitcoin does matter indeed because without the price a lot of people will not use the bitcoin or invest in it because they do not see a real price linked to it in my opinion.

That's true majority of people are using bitcoin only to make money from it and they will buy when price falls and sell when price goes higher so price really matters in bitcoin.

Yes I think price is the major factor that draws attention of many new users towards the bitcoin, just imagine if price would be below $100 then no one would interested in it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
May 18, 2016, 01:18:01 PM
The best example was the bot at Yobit exchange, they already seeing how the bot works but they still fall into the trap. I don't know if they can't see the obvious, the bot just pumping the coin to be able to profit with people who don't think what's going on first. They don't even bother to ask people around the chat why's the price going up...

I don't know anything about this Yobit exchange (btw, it is a taboo word in my native language, lol), but if what you say is true, it smells fishy and most likely means that they are going to scam their users soon...

Remember Willy the Bot?
These smaller exchanges always operate in favor of the exchange owner(s).

Bittrex is doing the exact same thing with certain altcoin markets.

It's not fair but I don't really see this as scamming. It's more as insider trading. Let's call it cheating

I think all major exchanges are doing the same, but because of volume traded it is more difficult to notice. Unless they lose the last remnants of decency and begin cheating openly, of course. A few years ago I caught Craptsy front-running their orders (with irresistible proofs). This didn't bode well, and now we see what's become of that exchange...

Needless to say that in "real" world such things incur severe penalties from supervising bodies (like CFTC and SEC in the US)

That's right!
It's just a little bit disappointing because they control altcoin's price when other people are hoping that the alt will go moon.
But it didn't, it just go on sky and then suddenly drop to hell.
Activity: 952
May 18, 2016, 12:10:59 PM
I think the price of the bitcoin does matter indeed because without the price a lot of people will not use the bitcoin or invest in it because they do not see a real price linked to it in my opinion.

That's true majority of people are using bitcoin only to make money from it and they will buy when price falls and sell when price goes higher so price really matters in bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 18, 2016, 12:06:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 18, 2016, 10:27:31 AM
The Bitcoin price is really important and is deciding many peoples decisions in the Bitcoin community. If the prise is low people dicide to buy some coins and if the price is high people will most of the time sell some.

Yes right. Sometimes it also helps if a person will be starting to invest in it. Someone new who would see the prive waving could let him make interested in this currency.
Activity: 434
May 18, 2016, 10:20:47 AM
The Bitcoin price is really important and is deciding many peoples decisions in the Bitcoin community. If the prise is low people dicide to buy some coins and if the price is high people will most of the time sell some.
Activity: 588
May 18, 2016, 09:44:59 AM
If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.
I dont know how you think about that but of course the prise of the bitcoin matters. If the coin does not have a price
what would the coin be yes correctly nothing he is nothing just a worthless coin.

Price doesnt matter for newbies and people who don't interested in bitcoin, for other people price is always matter. I beleive price will rise till halving and after it.
Activity: 364
May 18, 2016, 09:36:11 AM
If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.
I dont know how you think about that but of course the prise of the bitcoin matters. If the coin does not have a price
what would the coin be yes correctly nothing he is nothing just a worthless coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 18, 2016, 08:43:42 AM
Wanna know if th price matters?

Start investing in bitcoin and you'll know the importance and the real role of bitcoin price.
yeah there are many ways that you can see that the price will be very important in bitcoin itself when you try to investment or to trade in bitcoin. then the price will be very important let alone a high price. it will always awaited by many people. the price is very important
legendary
Activity: 896
May 18, 2016, 07:54:52 AM

Start investing in bitcoin and you'll know the importance and the real role of bitcoin price.

That's true once you get in trading you will know it and basically even a cent counts. You will always wanted the price of bitcoin will high when you are going to sell it, and you want it low when you want to buy it.
That is very true. If you've invested the money you have in the form of bitcoin, I assure you, every day you will always see the development of bitcoin
The price of Bitcoin is the most important in Bitcoin because you can do almost everything with it and that is nice and if the price is high you can earn a lot of money with it so that is nice.
But the bad thing of Bitcoin is that you cant control it and that is the most risky thing also in Bitcoin.
The price of bitcoins is its face, if the price will go down, it always implies a negative indication. We need to help the price of the bitcoin to be more stable and let us hope that it will continue to rise to gain the trust and support of the big players in the industry.

we as normal traders don't even make a dent in the price individually. people need to group up in order to form solid buy support. even then it will be very difficult as whales will still be able to dump through the buy support.
Yeah! that is partially true, but I think the whales in bitcoin is not really that big that would affect much the  price movement when they dump. Bitcoins has a lot of its users with individual accounts and since it has been existing for a long time, it is already owned by a lot of people. It is not like an altcoins where some only own a large portion of the total distribution.

Apparently, it can be notice with the way the price reacts and in the market, there is really no abrupt increase or decrease in any event, therefore I can say that there is more likely equal distribution of coins nowadays compared to its early stage.

it depends on the exchange as each exchange has its own order book. i consider bitcoin whales to be whales when they have at least 2000-3000btc and at least $1,000,000 in fiat. in some cases whales even team up to get the price where they want. and the thing is that there are not just a few whales. there are hundreds of these whales. together they rule the market.
Activity: 924
Lick me like a lolipop
May 18, 2016, 07:25:39 AM

That's true once you get in trading you will know it and basically even a cent counts. You will always wanted the price of bitcoin will high when you are going to sell it, and you want it low when you want to buy it.
That is very true. If you've invested the money you have in the form of bitcoin, I assure you, every day you will always see the development of bitcoin
The price of Bitcoin is the most important in Bitcoin because you can do almost everything with it and that is nice and if the price is high you can earn a lot of money with it so that is nice.
But the bad thing of Bitcoin is that you cant control it and that is the most risky thing also in Bitcoin.
The price of bitcoins is its face, if the price will go down, it always implies a negative indication. We need to help the price of the bitcoin to be more stable and let us hope that it will continue to rise to gain the trust and support of the big players in the industry.

Yeah we need to recommend it to people around us to use bitcoin, and if there are more users then it will take price to higher level and if price is high then we can expect more users.
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
May 18, 2016, 07:25:03 AM
The price of Bitcoin does matter a lot to the investors who use it as a store of value and to the speculators who play the trading game on the exchanges. For everyone else who only tries to use it as a digital currency it doesn't matter so much because at the end of the day it's just a sum of money that you have decided to pay instead of fiat. Of course if the price of Bitcoin is higher you will be able to buy more things with it but everyone should decide for themselves how they want to use Bitcoin.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
May 18, 2016, 07:15:13 AM

we as normal traders don't even make a dent in the price individually. people need to group up in order to form solid buy support. even then it will be very difficult as whales will still be able to dump through the buy support.
Yeah! that is partially true, but I think the whales in bitcoin is not really that big that would affect much the  price movement when they dump. Bitcoins has a lot of its users with individual accounts and since it has been existing for a long time, it is already owned by a lot of people. It is not like an altcoins where some only own a large portion of the total distribution.

Apparently, it can be notice with the way the price reacts and in the market, there is really no abrupt increase or decrease in any event, therefore I can say that there is more likely equal distribution of coins nowadays compared to its early stage.
legendary
Activity: 896
May 18, 2016, 07:07:55 AM

legendary
Activity: 1092
https://trueflip.io/
May 18, 2016, 04:56:54 AM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 18, 2016, 04:55:49 AM

The price is just so important it decide many things with in Bitcoin. The price is going to depend if users are going to invest in Bitcoin or going to sell there investments.
Activity: 364
May 18, 2016, 04:27:55 AM

Activity: 532
May 17, 2016, 10:30:41 PM
The BTC price is a speculation game in itself, so I think that gives it a lot of importance. It influences the emotions of people when prices swing from high to low, and vice versa. We all have expectations on when to hold, buy, or sell and the most profitable price to us.
I think this is not just about the speculation dude yes I know that speculation is also quite an affect on the price but the final end is the demand market itself. high price with the high price of bitcoin proportional so that's why if you want to see the high prices then you must get a lot of users
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
May 17, 2016, 09:58:51 PM
The BTC price is a speculation game in itself, so I think that gives it a lot of importance. It influences the emotions of people when prices swing from high to low, and vice versa. We all have expectations on when to hold, buy, or sell and the most profitable price to us.

That's very true it is the most helpful way to know for that 3 things in trading, when to hold, to buy and to sell.
So bitcoins price is very important and it is non sense if we are using bitcoin if it doesn't have value.
Activity: 714
May 17, 2016, 09:26:33 PM
Jump to: