Pages:
Author

Topic: [DONE][GROUP BUY][EU] Kialara Physical Bitcoin [ROUND 1] - page 5. (Read 8371 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
The coins will arrive today, so I have sent everyone a message in which I ask for your shipping address. Please send it to me as quickly as possible.
Replied Smiley.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
The coins will arrive today, so I have sent everyone a message in which I ask for your shipping address. Please send it to me as quickly as possible.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
ths thing is, with my system, it takes at least 40 years or so (I calculated with excel but forgot the exact number of years) before the coins is fully funded.
this is assuming rounding to closest satoshi AND asuming dust limit will drop and evenyually there will be no dust limit and single satoshi transactions are alowed. If that doesn't happen, it wkll be a little sooner)
Daaaamn, that takes forever dude. Have fun with that, hahaha.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
You also need to damage Casascius coins to redeem it. I will fund my coin and never redeem it Wink
With a Casascius coin you don't need to snap off something. Tongue

It's that red round thingy at the bottom that you (should) snap off when it's funded

the thing is, with my system, it takes at least 40 years or so (I calculated with excel but forgot the exact number of years) before the coins is fully funded.
this is assuming rounding to closest satoshi AND asuming dust limit will drop and eventually there will be no dust limit and single satoshi transactions are alowed. If that doesn't happen, it will be a little sooner)
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
I just cashed out the leftover BTC for euros so that I can pay for accepting the package and shipping. Sadly the exchange rate dropped since we started, but well, nothing I can do about it. I used Kraken to convert 1.772BTC to €453.03 at €255.67 for 1BTC.

UPS has told me that the extra costs are €285, which gives us a total of €1505.60 if you include the purchase price. This is a bit lower then my estimate of €1513.87, which is good.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Does that mean they're going to tax you or not?  Huh
They are going to tax it, yes.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
Can't you just fund it whenever you desire?
Sorry I am still a noob in physical coins so sorry if this is obvious...
You can. Wink

Just got a call from the UPS if I wanted to accept a shipment from America. It's going really quickly now.

Does that mean they're going to tax you or not?  Huh
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
You can. Wink

Just got a call from the UPS if I wanted to accept a shipment from America. It's going really quickly now.
Activity: 812
I <3 VW Beetles
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
You also need to damage Casascius coins to redeem it. I will fund my coin and never redeem it Wink
With a Casascius coin you don't need to snap off something. Tongue

It's that red round thingy at the bottom that you (should) snap off when it's funded
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
I'm gonna fund mine in dnaleor's way, a lot of small transactions and never redeem it. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
So is anyone actually going to fund their coin / bar for the small face value?

Sounds like you need to damage / destroy it to redeem so I probably wont bother. Or am I getting it all wrong?
I didn't want to destroy my coin, so the one I have hasn't been funded.

Activity: 548
Merit: 788

Sounds like you need to damage / destroy it to redeem so I probably wont bother. Or am I getting it all wrong?

Package has been shipped UPS Worldwide Express ($183.91) with expected delivery on Monday, the 22nd. Tracking info has been PM'd to bitcoininformation

Thanks again, everyone!
Damn, that is a lot. You are awesome Max!

Wanted to see these delivered by Xmas if possible, so for this occasion I felt it was worth it - and thanks!!
legendary

Ok thanks for letting me know I'll be doing the same Smiley.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔

Package has been shipped UPS Worldwide Express ($183.91) with expected delivery on Monday, the 22nd. Tracking info has been PM'd to bitcoininformation

Thanks again, everyone!
Damn, that is a lot. You are awesome Max!
legendary

legendary

Thanks again, everyone!

Excellent thank you Smiley.
Activity: 548
Merit: 788

Thanks again, everyone!
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Quality of product and fast shipment would be nice. Grin
legendary
Thanks for the updates looking forward to receiving mine Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: