Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't bite more than you can chew - page 3. (Read 10980 times)

Activity: 536
Merit: 15
July 07, 2019, 05:09:45 PM
You made a very good point, it is very important not to bite more than you can chew. For investors, I always tell people not to invest any amount that is too critical to them because the cryptocurrency market is very volatile and unpredictable you might be sure that profit will come and it may not eventually come, so be very wise and reasonable when investing.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
July 07, 2019, 05:00:50 PM
Exactly,  many of us are found wanting in this regards actually. Why because an average human is wired to want more and more. However,  one must learn this important principle.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
July 07, 2019, 03:01:39 PM

- For bounty, participate in projects you can finish at a time. If you combine too many projects together, you might end up not getting anything reasonable from all the projects. I wonder some times when i see spreadsheets where some have 0 stake almost all through.

This true. I also wonder why a lot of participants registered and listed but majority do not have stakes or do not have activities. They might have joined in every bounty they considered good but do not have the capability to perform all the tasks.  
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
July 07, 2019, 02:58:29 PM
This is applicable to everyone in the crypto space, not to attempt to do more than they are capable of doing.
- For crypto traders, miners and investors, invest only what you can afford to loose. Do not invest all your money into crypto, believing that you will wake up one day to get a multiplier factor on your profit. It is either you have profit or loss.

- For bounty, participate in projects you can finish at a time. If you combine too many projects together, you might end up not getting anything reasonable from all the projects. I wonder some times when i see spreadsheets where some have 0 stake almost all through.

Many people dont understand this. I even know some persons who want to leave their regular jobs and take up bounty hunter job for their life. What a crappy thing to do in this way? Also I know couple of failed traders like this. They dont learn a thing in their life.
all Altcoins have fallen in price relative to Bitcoin. And we all can not go to breakeven. I think that you need to wait until the situation changes in our direction.
But you can always bite the head off more HST decision token, chew it up and spit it out at the top of the market cycle.
Activity: 672
Merit: 254
July 07, 2019, 02:56:39 PM
This is applicable to everyone in the crypto space, not to attempt to do more than they are capable of doing.
- For crypto traders, miners and investors, invest only what you can afford to loose. Do not invest all your money into crypto, believing that you will wake up one day to get a multiplier factor on your profit. It is either you have profit or loss.

Many people dont understand this. I even know some persons who want to leave their regular jobs and take up bounty hunter job for their life. What a crappy thing to do in this way? Also I know couple of failed traders like this. They dont learn a thing in their life.
all Altcoins have fallen in price relative to Bitcoin. And we all can not go to breakeven. I think that you need to wait until the situation changes in our direction.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
July 07, 2019, 06:01:46 AM

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 07, 2019, 05:56:18 AM
Biting more than you can chew to me is more of being greedy. You have to know your capacity as a person. We all want to maximize profits in our investment but at the same time we shouldn't do more than inborn capacity. Take things step by step and success will find it way to you.
People those who bite more then he can chew is nothing but greedy and greedy may destroy our life so we should avoid to take risk more than the amount which can chew.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
July 05, 2019, 06:19:37 PM
Biting more than you can chew to me is more of being greedy. You have to know your capacity as a person. We all want to maximize profits in our investment but at the same time we shouldn't do more than inborn capacity. Take things step by step and success will find it way to you.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
June 30, 2019, 10:16:12 AM

Unfortunately, many make the same mistakes. And the most important mistake is not thinking before investing money and then just waiting for the crypto currencies themselves to make them rich. It seems that these people just play the lottery. But when they lose, they start screaming in all directions that the cryptocurrency is a scam, and they have been deceived and robbed here.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
June 30, 2019, 08:23:02 AM

I agree on investors that they should invest what you can afford, but on bounty hunters that they should finish the project that they've started promoting, I don't think so I stopped when there is a complaint on the bounty that I'm promoting, it's useless to do so, I might end being tagged for promoting scammers if I didn't stop when there is already a warning.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
June 30, 2019, 08:22:38 AM
I think it's about managing risks, different level of people have different risk appetite, those with less liabilities could invest a huge portion of their income for a higher returns, of course failure occurs more but still somebody succeed, i believe like any industry on the early stages, there were small portion of winners that profited from unreasonable action perceived by ordinary people. For me things above the safety net (rents, food) goes all to cryptocurrency, i might fail in years but at least that's what i gonna do, still of course do not action with reasoning on FOMO or stuff, there's motive among money hungry players
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
June 30, 2019, 08:13:40 AM
Investing more than you can afford to lose is the major problem that faces newbies into crypto. They go all in thinking to solve all their financial problem in just a one time investment in crypto. Crypto investment is risky and the little you do with your funds can even generate a bigger return
when newbies come to this market, they simply do not understand how risky the market is and how often the projects, in which they invest their money, stop working.
Indeed, such situations occur in most cases with newbies who do not yet understand how the market works and how to invest.  but I think after the first loss they begin to understand and start thinking about what to do and how to do it.
Activity: 891
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
June 30, 2019, 08:10:35 AM
Investing more than you can afford to lose is the major problem that faces newbies into crypto. They go all in thinking to solve all their financial problem in just a one time investment in crypto. Crypto investment is risky and the little you do with your funds can even generate a bigger return
when newbies come to this market, they simply do not understand how risky the market is and how often the projects, in which they invest their money, stop working.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
June 30, 2019, 07:36:36 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
June 30, 2019, 07:32:38 AM
people are not very greedy creatures and when they see that they can earn money they usually don't lose control and invest all their savings.  and really can be left without an apartment or without a car or without other material means. One has to be very careful with this because greed is a terrible feeling.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
June 30, 2019, 06:41:41 AM
Every fan of cryptocurrency wants to earn a lot, but in fact, not too many people who have received a large profit from cryptocurrency recently. We have to be careful. Here you can lose everything very quickly.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
June 30, 2019, 06:26:20 AM
It is reasonable advice for me, but I still invest in trading all of my money.
You know, sometimes I restrict myself in something in real life and instead of this I keep buying new crypto or deposit funds on margin account

You may invest on trading all of your money no one can keep you away from doing that but think twice if you loss 80% or more from your investment. Then you will have nothing to do. It is your money so, decision is yours too.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
June 29, 2019, 11:19:51 PM
This is something we everyone hear when we enter into crypto space but you know only a little part of them follow thia thinking that they will be rich overnight. They never calculate the associated risk factor.
I have learned my lesson since I'm here in this space for a long time. Now, I only invest my money if I have some surplus amount.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
June 29, 2019, 10:52:32 PM
A valid point you made here, if you want to go into trading, then focus on trading alone do not distract yourself by adding bounty or other stuff, if you choose to go into bounty, then focus on it, look for few good projects and do them well, hopefully it should be rewarding

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
June 29, 2019, 09:11:55 PM
good advice, but someone will ignore before or after read this, because they have their own think.
so everyone has their own way to apply the method, some like to do it at once or be patient for other opportunities.
Pages:
Jump to: