Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't you wish you never had any alcohol? - page 6. (Read 12332 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
November 14, 2014, 12:52:02 PM
Yeah, Alcohol was the first drug I was addicted to. I wish there were no drugs except the ones that grow from the ground naturally..
Alcohol is not really unnatural, and it actually exist naturally in nature (thanks to naturally occurring yeast).

this how people in prison make alcohol right, from collecting fruits.
Well, I think it generally involves dirty socks, fruit juice boxes, and a whole lot of unintentional vinegar production - but yeah, basically. Tongue

Making wine at home is terribly easy and costs roughly nothing in supplies outside the actual fruit you use (assuming you're not fortunate enough to have fruits on your property or in a public place where you can pick). You can even use bread yeast if you don't want to spend extra on higher-ABV brewing or wine yeast. You can take a 2L soda bottle, or a fruit juice bottle, or a gallon jug, keep the cap very loosely closed (so at no pressure difference, there's no exchange of air, but it starts hissing at you or popping it's lid a bit once the yeast starts outputting gas) and ensure you've sterilized everything you're using (boil or freeze the fruit, use a weak bleach solution and fill the container you want to use, sloshing it around every 20m or so, then rinse thoroughly -- allegedly, hobos simply make their wine in discarded bleach containers since they're effectively sterilized already and not at a high-enough concentration to harm the yeast while having a slight anti-microbial effect on whatever nasties might try growing). That makes gross wine, though -- it needs to be filtered, preferably at least three times through a coffee filter.
I've been doing some hobo wine (not in bleach containers though) recently (because I'm a student, I'm poor and I like alcohol lol). Some of it has actually turned out quite nice. I'm actually gonna go right now and check if my apple wine is done yet.

Be careful not to hurt your health too much, maybe some very cheap wine would be a better option?
This is cheap wine. Not more dangerous than the ones you buy from stores.

I am sure it is not if it is made correctly but badly made liquor can hurt you more than cheap liquor you would buy in the store, correct?
Not really, that's actually a myth. You can't accidentally make methanol (it's the "bad" alcohol that makes you blind/kills you) from fermenting.
However, the finished homemade product might not taste good though.

So what should I think of what I heard : people drink bad vodka in Russia and it is worse for their health than the vodka you would buy in a store
Activity: 541
Garbochock
November 14, 2014, 11:52:04 AM
Yeah, Alcohol was the first drug I was addicted to. I wish there were no drugs except the ones that grow from the ground naturally..
Alcohol is not really unnatural, and it actually exist naturally in nature (thanks to naturally occurring yeast).

Well, I think it generally involves dirty socks, fruit juice boxes, and a whole lot of unintentional vinegar production - but yeah, basically. Tongue

Making wine at home is terribly easy and costs roughly nothing in supplies outside the actual fruit you use (assuming you're not fortunate enough to have fruits on your property or in a public place where you can pick). You can even use bread yeast if you don't want to spend extra on higher-ABV brewing or wine yeast. You can take a 2L soda bottle, or a fruit juice bottle, or a gallon jug, keep the cap very loosely closed (so at no pressure difference, there's no exchange of air, but it starts hissing at you or popping it's lid a bit once the yeast starts outputting gas) and ensure you've sterilized everything you're using (boil or freeze the fruit, use a weak bleach solution and fill the container you want to use, sloshing it around every 20m or so, then rinse thoroughly -- allegedly, hobos simply make their wine in discarded bleach containers since they're effectively sterilized already and not at a high-enough concentration to harm the yeast while having a slight anti-microbial effect on whatever nasties might try growing). That makes gross wine, though -- it needs to be filtered, preferably at least three times through a coffee filter.
I've been doing some hobo wine (not in bleach containers though) recently (because I'm a student, I'm poor and I like alcohol lol). Some of it has actually turned out quite nice. I'm actually gonna go right now and check if my apple wine is done yet.

Be careful not to hurt your health too much, maybe some very cheap wine would be a better option?

I am sure it is not if it is made correctly but badly made liquor can hurt you more than cheap liquor you would buy in the store, correct?
Not really, that's actually a myth. You can't accidentally make methanol (it's the "bad" alcohol that makes you blind/kills you) from fermenting.
However, the finished homemade product might not taste good though.
November 13, 2014, 12:31:04 PM

i haven't had alcohol or been drunk since new years eve of 2010.. i don't care for it much. i prefer to get high, but i'm not much of a weed smoker either.

It is very hard to pursue your life dreams on Weed.
Garbochock
November 13, 2014, 02:56:26 AM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 13, 2014, 02:29:21 AM
i haven't had alcohol or been drunk since new years eve of 2010.. i don't care for it much. i prefer to get high, but i'm not much of a weed smoker either.
November 13, 2014, 01:30:37 AM

Alcohol is natural but a lot of natural things can be dangerous. I won't give examples as you can all come up with tens of them in a minute.

Garbochock
November 12, 2014, 02:55:24 AM

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
November 11, 2014, 10:59:42 PM

Liquor is more difficult. You want to start with a filtered wine which has completely finished fermenting with wine yeast. I've successfully distilled using a large pot (with a thick, ceramic bowl floating in the center) over an electric stove with aluminum foil on top using ice on top of the foil to make the divot and encourage condensation. You simply put the wine in the large pot, turn the heat on ~medium, and check the temperature. Once the wine reaches ~172*F, dump everything from your floating ceramic bowl into the sink (it's mostly methanol) and bring the heat down until the wine temperature stabilizes at ~200*F. Keep it there for a couple hours (replenishing ice stocks as needed). Then empty whatever's left in the large pot, clean it, and dump the contents of the ceramic bowl into the large pot. Repeat this process two more times (once with liquor @ 190*F, and a last pass @ 180*F) and you should have some fairly strong alcohol. Just be prepared to get a little from a lot - similar to cheesemaking -- you start with this massive amount and you're going through multiple processes to get out the stuff you don't want. Similar to cheesemaking, good equipment is going to give you far superior results, and the ghetto pot method's a pretty shitty and cumbersome process compared to some of the stuff you can build at home or buy online (yes, you can buy little distilleries for the home, and some even work with conduction heaters).

With the end liquor, though, you can do whatever you'd like to make it into a quick, rough approximation your preferred liquor. TBH, there shouldn't be much more than a negligible amount of flavor from whatever you produced it from -- all this "vodka from [insert exotic ingredient]" bullshit is just that. You can, for example, turn rice wine to a rough version of whiskey with a mason jar and some charcoal (umm... natural charcoal -- don't use briquettes, for God's sake!) - and because you have a high amount of surface volume, you don't need to wait years for age like you would if you had a giant supply of liquor aging in traditional, giant charred barrel.

Cigarettes, similarly, can be made easily and cheaply at home, and of course, they're quite natural, too (not to say, in any way, that they're healthful). I have no idea why people are buying cigarettes at stores and gas stations these days. Use that Internet you pay for, invest ~$40 in an injection roller which lasts practically forever (alternately, some states allow you to lease time on fancy automatic rolling machines at tobacco stores, but this is an unnecessary expense and who the Hell wants to wait around in a tobacco shop with all those damned weirdos?), buy 5lbs of "pipe tobacco" and ~10 200-packs of filters, and you're good to go. It doesn't take long to get the muscle memory right to push out a few cartons of perfect cigarettes an hour, which should hopefully last an addict at least a couple weeks. Lips sealed I actually ran the numbers on this one... it should cost significantly under $20 to make a carton of cigarettes at home, while most people are paying $40-50, or something like $80 in the particularly tax-happy states of the US.

If you're really too lazy for that biz (and I'll admit, it can be messy, but we have an unfinished basement serving almost no purpose, so whatever), you can also simply buy "little cigars" online. Ironically, "cigarette" literally means "little cigar," but legally, a "cigar" generally only needs to be wrapped in tobacco leaves (including pulverized leaves which look just like brown paper) to avoid the punitive tax rates in most states - and yes, they companies making this do put filters on these just like "real cigarettes" because the law's that fucking stupid. I'm sure there're better brands, but the only ones I've tried are here, and they taste like shit, smoke like you're trying to suck air out of a clenched asshole.... but they're unbelievably cheap. (side-note: WCC is crazy about promo codes and clearance sales -- I've bought decent and large cigars at ~$.85/ea shipped there)
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
November 11, 2014, 10:30:38 PM

Garbochock
November 11, 2014, 01:25:43 PM
Activity: 490
November 11, 2014, 12:34:34 PM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 11, 2014, 12:31:25 PM
yeah i wish i would never had tried it ever because now i feel addicted to it...

It's all about being able to control that addiction.  I feel it too sometimes, but when I feel that way I know it's time to take a small break. 
Activity: 490
November 11, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
Yes I do. It lasts for about half a day before I thank my stars that its evening again and I can go get a drink Cheesy
Activity: 84
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
November 11, 2014, 12:42:20 AM
yeah i wish i would never had tried it ever because now i feel addicted to it...
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 10, 2014, 05:01:47 PM
Yes and no. Alcohol is an enjoyable substance when treated with respect. Same with anything.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
November 10, 2014, 04:35:09 PM
yeah most of my friends are drunks that rage at everything. but become super friendly when they are buzzed.
Activity: 70
★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!
November 08, 2014, 10:10:49 PM
Wouldn't your life be better? How much did you spend on alcohol? Imagine you invested this money or started a business with it?

If you never had any alcohol you would have avoided many mistakes, work harder and more easily, you would be smarter, richer, more healthy and with better friends Wink

I agree with you, but I don't have any alcohol in my life anyways.
Oh well, good luck to guys out there that got addicted to alcohol, or any other drugs.
November 08, 2014, 09:26:35 PM
Wouldn't your life be better? How much did you spend on alcohol? Imagine you invested this money or started a business with it?

If you never had any alcohol you would have avoided many mistakes, work harder and more easily, you would be smarter, richer, more healthy and with better friends Wink

I'm going to say that I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't drink.  My life is better because if it.  There are personal reasons, but it's better than it would have ever been had I not started.  I don't think about the money I've spent.  It's better that it went to alcohol then elsewhere or some other habit.  It hasn't inhibited my work ethic, I sometimes need alcohol to unwind after a stressful day, and it's helped better my social life.  I probably wouldn't have had my son either if it wasn't for alcohol, and he's the best part of my life.  I'd like to note that I don't drink as much now that I have a family.  The only draw back.....I do feel dumber.  But that could also be because I'm getting older.

It can help unwind after a long stressing day but so does running or sleeping; it can make you connect more easily with people in a party if you don't abuse it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 505
November 08, 2014, 01:58:02 AM
I'm drinking alcohol right. Now.  It tastes fucking good.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
November 07, 2014, 03:54:57 PM

I'm going to say that I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't drink.  My life is better because if it.  There are personal reasons, but it's better than it would have ever been had I not started.  I don't think about the money I've spent.  It's better that it went to alcohol then elsewhere or some other habit.  It hasn't inhibited my work ethic, I sometimes need alcohol to unwind after a stressful day, and it's helped better my social life.  I probably wouldn't have had my son either if it wasn't for alcohol, and he's the best part of my life.  I'd like to note that I don't drink as much now that I have a family.  The only draw back.....I do feel dumber.  But that could also be because I'm getting older.
Pages:
Jump to: