Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 128. (Read 87603 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 25, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
This did not make me comfortable. I don't think it's real.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 06:30:37 AM
Contact Us

Twitter: @halongmining
Email: [email protected]

No thanks, LOL.
This is %500 scam and it's a modified s9 nothing else. Just stick a label on sides and it's ok. Tongue
Activity: 47
November 25, 2017, 06:22:58 AM
Do keep in mind that ALL of the hardware for the Sony PS4 line comes from someone else.
If they DID make a miner, the chips for it would probably be sourced from AMD....

Well facts so far

1) exactly looks like a Bitmain S9 miner more or less.

2) No info of any real note about the makers of this.

3) Someone supposedly stuck 30 million into competing against Bitmain ...rather than just crypto> (are you nuts?)

4) Supposedly 30% more efficient when it arrives

5) for $1,350.00 USD sometime in Feb of 2018

ON just the last point (5) even if it DID EXIST (doubtful) why would you give them your hard earned BTC now....at $1350 price
when likely in 2 weeks Bitmain will come out with another batch of S9's at say about $1,200.00 USD....at best by the time you got these
if lucky..would you not just be swapping oranges for oranges.....at that price no real diff between units ..due to the fact you can get the S9
NOW 3 months early?

too many points to point to it as a scam so I call scam

amen
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
November 25, 2017, 05:14:15 AM
I almost pulled the trigger on this today as well but the lack of any prior history to the Company, lack of any contact info on site and BTC only payment all send up red flags to many new people trying to get into mining and at a marginal increase in efficiency I’d rather just buy from bitmain who has a long history on delivering but not the best customer service

I almost pulled the trigger too, too many holes in the company though and reading these posts led me to hold off....had the cart loaded with 5 and was even a bit excited!  lol.  Let the pawns go first, let's see what happens

Some very famous and trustworthy personages support them, so they should be legit. First batches are supposed to ship on march, expect demand to ramp up geometrically from there on.

still point *5* in my previous post at $1,350 usd in Feb of 2018 vs just getting an S9 now for say $1,200, I think it is....

why bother 3 months away from shipping and on the average..ALL CRYPTO MACHINE MAKERS of any flavor are USUALLY one month late anyway

so call it 4 months

you can make that bet now and have better difficulty and ride the coin pump on the stuff you mine now ..perhaps double...thus why gamble it on equip 4 months

down the line

indeed ..if you expect your coin of choice to pump like BTC better to hold....I have equip that has ROI'd from this year..but IF I'd kept BTC instead I'd have

3x the money on the 3x I made on the ROI!

so if you DO buy equip..take out a loan and pay in cash first...then if you get in trouble you can get out of trouble with crypto...but me ....from now on

it will be 1) fill solo 401k with crypto (up to 42k) first ..keep it all ..works like equip off gross income ..the rest of 2017 2) do the same as (1) up to 42k keep all the crypto
in a solo 401k from the biz....also first part of 2018 as well... then 2) look for dubious equip say after Chinese new year in 2018 as the solo 401k bucket is filled for 2018 also

more than one way to skin a cat

but if crypto is pumping....buy crypto...and use fiat to buy equip on a bet...but myself ...I expect a pump on BTC and quite a pump on LTC thus my strategy above

(be warned, however...I know zip...at one time I was a BFL Cheerleader in 2013 and drank the newbie kool-aid...be suspect of all I say...I"m deluded..)

Activity: 304
Merit: 105
November 25, 2017, 05:00:57 AM
I almost pulled the trigger on this today as well but the lack of any prior history to the Company, lack of any contact info on site and BTC only payment all send up red flags to many new people trying to get into mining and at a marginal increase in efficiency I’d rather just buy from bitmain who has a long history on delivering but not the best customer service

I almost pulled the trigger too, too many holes in the company though and reading these posts led me to hold off....had the cart loaded with 5 and was even a bit excited!  lol.  Let the pawns go first, let's see what happens

Some very famous and trustworthy personages support them, so they should be legit. First batches are supposed to ship on march, expect demand to ramp up geometrically from there on.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
November 25, 2017, 03:52:08 AM
Do keep in mind that ALL of the hardware for the Sony PS4 line comes from someone else.
If they DID make a miner, the chips for it would probably be sourced from AMD....

Well facts so far

1) exactly looks like a Bitmain S9 miner more or less.

2) No info of any real note about the makers of this.

3) Someone supposedly stuck 30 million into competing against Bitmain ...rather than just crypto> (are you nuts?)

4) Supposedly 30% more efficient when it arrives

5) for $1,350.00 USD sometime in Feb of 2018

ON just the last point (5) even if it DID EXIST (doubtful) why would you give them your hard earned BTC now....at $1350 price
when likely in 2 weeks Bitmain will come out with another batch of S9's at say about $1,200.00 USD....at best by the time you got these
if lucky..would you not just be swapping oranges for oranges.....at that price no real diff between units ..due to the fact you can get the S9
NOW 3 months early?

too many points to point to it as a scam so I call scam

Activity: 34
November 25, 2017, 01:27:28 AM
It seems like Jihan Wu, the Bitmain CEO is getting little salty about these miners coming to the market.
If DragonMint would be one of the million scams, I don't see why would there be effort to create this parody website and do the Twitter post.
This Twitter post and the parody website almost seems like a poor discredit attempt.

Quote from: Jihan Wu
tulipmining.com/
https://twitter.com/JihanWu/status/933739149613338624

Oh my god, this made me laugh like fucking idiot. I almost choke from laughter... I needed to catch my breath.. That site... Is like someone spit in the mouth of Dragomint people... Salt... There is whole quary of salt.. Even if we don't know anything about Dragonmint(from forum people that review new miners). So far its interesting standing on the side and watching all this show.

For the people that ordered... You are brave ones... I wouldn't have guts to do something like this.. I was reading stories about BFL.. And dear mother of god.. Through what people have been going on... Dont wish for anyone that has to go through all that chaos.. Doubt is all around me :S

Please tell me someone ordered a tulip miner  Cheesy Grin Smiley  please tell me
November 25, 2017, 01:25:58 AM

I almost pulled the trigger too, too many holes in the company though and reading these posts led me to hold off....had the cart loaded with 5 and was even a bit excited!  lol.  Let the pawns go first, let's see what happens
November 25, 2017, 01:08:13 AM
I ended up pulling the trigger and bought 5x with 5x PSU. Seems legit but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wonder how much price is going to be after the sale.

How's it going so far with the purchase?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 06:41:12 PM
Oia yo mira despu3s bamos. Wow nice workers, few ourhs late. This is the stand erd for 2018. 💪👍😁
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
November 24, 2017, 05:20:33 PM
If Adam Back said that are real, then they are.

And they are not the only one coming with the new miners. Actually I was waiting this to happen long before. It was a shame that a $100B+ crypto business is being controlled only by one manufacturer without any competition...

I hope this changes soon and we won't have to deal with shitmain ever again.

You are absolutely correct, Adam being involved it's 100% legit
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
November 24, 2017, 03:27:57 PM

And they are not the only one coming with the new miners. Actually I was waiting this to happen long before. It was a shame that a $100B+ crypto business is being controlled only by one manufacturer without any competition...

Bitmain will probably stick with us for at least a few years, but hopefully we get more competition like this. There's been competition for a while like Avalon but with another miner hitting close to the S9 hopefully Bitmain at least lowers their prices (which they likely will). I just hope they don't turn into another Ebang with shitty support and all.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
November 24, 2017, 02:47:42 PM
It seems like Jihan Wu, the Bitmain CEO is getting little salty about these miners coming to the market.
If DragonMint would be one of the million scams, I don't see why would there be effort to create this parody website and do the Twitter post.
This Twitter post and the parody website almost seems like a poor discredit attempt.

tulipmining.com/

Oh my god, this made me laugh like fucking idiot. I almost choke from laughter... I needed to catch my breath.. That site... Is like someone spit in the mouth of Dragomint people... Salt... There is whole quary of salt.. Even if we don't know anything about Dragonmint(from forum people that review new miners). So far its interesting standing on the side and watching all this show.

For the people that ordered... You are brave ones... I wouldn't have guts to do something like this.. I was reading stories about BFL.. And dear mother of god.. Through what people have been going on... Dont wish for anyone that has to go through all that chaos.. Doubt is all around me :S
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
November 24, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
Ordered 10 units to test the waters. Will be a lot more after they have proven to deliver on time and on scale.
I have no doubt the technology works as advertised, but lets see if they can ramp up mass-production, and deliver on a sensible time-scale.

I'm anticipating some hiccups but completely agree with you.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 24, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
Ordered 10 units to test the waters. Will be a lot more after they have proven to deliver on time and on scale.
I have no doubt the technology works as advertised, but lets see if they can ramp up mass-production, and deliver on a sensible time-scale.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 24, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

tulipmining.com/

Seems really petty to me. You can't be the king forever.

He is just mad that he is going to have competition at last. If halongmining is advertised and recommended by Adam Back which is a cryptographer with huge reputation and street creed and has been credited on the Bitcoin whitepaper then it must be real. He would never risk his reputation supporting a scam.

Mow also got a big following and he wouldn't be stupid to endorse a scam.

As they send samples to more reputable people and they evaluate the hardware, it will be even more clear that Bitmain is not the king anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
November 24, 2017, 09:02:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 24, 2017, 08:54:58 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 05:06:20 AM
Is this a big scam company or not we will see.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
November 23, 2017, 11:40:47 PM
Jump to: