Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 131. (Read 87603 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
A word of advice:

If its scam:  we loose money

If its real: we loose money, because bitmain will immediately release new version of s9 with better specs and price

unfortunately bitmain is the king...

I agree, if this isn't a scam it is very likely that Bitmain will undercut them at the best time. But honestly, this is fine, this means competition. Bitmain will probably have to seriously undercut them for many people, who are pissed off at them, to continue buying faulty, poorly supported product.

I mean, Bitmain doesn't even accept BTC... As far as I'm concerned that is bs, forcing me to buy BCH. They really did a good job tarnishing their brand.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 22, 2017, 07:34:57 PM
you know why this shit is for real ?

S9 was 2 days ago sold out after 5 days of selling and since yesterday they started selling again...

Bitmain was never so fast to create "new batches"

Error.

They have FREQUENTLY had "small batches" a day or three after a new batch on ALL of their current miner models, due to payment failures leaving them with machines that they THOUGHT were sold but ended up being available after all.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
November 22, 2017, 07:16:03 PM
I really hope its not a scam, but there have been so many. I guess it comes down to two old adages:

"Fortune favours the brave" and "A fool and his gold are easily parted."

I don't see the need for such secrecy however, if its there and it works, why publish all the information relevant, about the company, the developers, the engineers, the process, the fab, the layout, the chips etc etc.

Also interesting reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7eqw71/rip_bitmain/

From my point of view the fact that Adam Back saw it running live and btcdrak being behind this project gives me confidence, but my scam detector may have gotten rusty.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
you know why this shit is for real ?

S9 was 2 days ago sold out after 5 days of selling and since yesterday they started selling again...

Bitmain was never so fast to create "new batches"
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
November 22, 2017, 06:40:10 PM
Hmm.. Looks like Slush has disavowed being involved. https://twitter.com/slushcz/status/933362956393476096

And some questions have arisen about the validity of the performance of the machine, if you watch the frames starting at 0:31s and ending 0:33s in the video you can see that the hash rate is 4TH but then on frame at 0:32s that line is edited out of the frame, and then it switches to slush "screenshot" at 0:33s.

Screenshots from video:

I really hope its not a scam, but there have been so many. I guess it comes down to two old adages:

"Fortune favours the brave" and "A fool and his gold are easily parted."

I don't see the need for such secrecy however, if its there and it works, why not publish all the information relevant, about the company, the developers, the engineers, the process, the fab, the layout, the chips etc etc.

Also interesting reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7eqw71/rip_bitmain/
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
November 22, 2017, 06:38:11 PM
A word of advice:

If its scam:  we loose money

If its real: we loose money, because bitmain will immediately release new version of s9 with better specs and price

unfortunately bitmain is the king...
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
November 22, 2017, 06:35:28 PM
Pondering an order of 100k$. Operation looks a bit scammy. Btc payment, just an email addy as contact. But Adam Back and other prominents in the Twittersphere consider this legit and have put in orders... hm still 50/50 for me.

Yeah still kinda iffy myself. Debating on reaching out for one using a payment processor first that has a reversible payment if they fall through. Paypal or credit card. If so I would do it and report back. Otherwise I would just want to demo then buy it since it's new and unheard of. But why would they believe me or trust me.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 22, 2017, 05:47:45 PM
Pondering an order of 100k$. Operation looks a bit scammy. Btc payment, just an email addy as contact. But Adam Back and other prominents in the Twittersphere consider this legit and have put in orders... hm still 50/50 for me.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 05:46:19 PM
I love supporting new MFGs but without a review from a trusted member here I'm not inclined to give up the money. I would just wait until they can get some units out for reviews.

Especially with a more than 4 month presale.
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
November 22, 2017, 05:37:43 PM
Send me one I can run it test it pics videos and so on. I run a decent sized home based mining labs and have sold over 20k through this forum. I can provide proof. If the miner is legit I would be open to buying it as well if offered. Otherwise ups ground right back to where it came from.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
November 22, 2017, 05:28:11 PM
Tell us more about Halong Mining, since when is it operating, i see domain registered just few days back.
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
November 22, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
I ended up pulling the trigger and bought 5x with 5x PSU. Seems legit but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wonder how much price is going to be after the sale.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 05:16:38 PM
It does seem quite a cheap price however - that for me has alarm bells ringing if this truly is the worlds most efficient miner!
$1350 is a special Black Friday price, as they state, and will last untill tomorrow.  Regular price is $1595.

"Please note the current price is a one day launch promotional price which ends tomorrow."

Cheesy

Well, I'll wait a little longer, even if I can't buy it, maybe it's a Black-Friday scam. Better to wait and to pay a little more for safety.
Sure, they have no phone/address/names on their website -  only one email and one twitter  Grin
November 22, 2017, 05:14:48 PM
HALONG’S DRAGONMINT BITCOIN MINER SET TO SHATTER BITMAINS MINING MONOPOLY

http://bitcoinist.com/halongs-dragonmint-bitcoin-miner-set-to-shatter-bitmains-mining-monopoly/
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 04:58:45 PM
It does seem quite a cheap price however - that for me has alarm bells ringing if this truly is the worlds most efficient miner!
$1350 is a special Black Friday price, as they state, and will last untill tomorrow.  Regular price is $1595.

"Please note the current price is a one day launch promotional price which ends tomorrow."

Cheesy

Well, I'll wait a little longer, even if I can't buy it, maybe it's a Black-Friday scam. Better to wait and to pay a little more for safety.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
November 22, 2017, 04:55:30 PM
Hopefully they see this forum/thread and make new official one with the support, and come in contact with with some of trusted members for review, and IF(you see how IF is big? Cheesy ) is everything true as stated, hopefully people can say bye bye to Bitmain with all their bullshit schemes

Cheesy

Well its not like people are going to start killing each other over 250$, price is again(compared with few last batches) almost 200$ over S9, so not big problem for 2.5TH extra
November 22, 2017, 04:55:17 PM
$1350 is a special Black Friday price, as they state, and will last untill tomorrow.

Cheesy

Regular price is $1595.
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
November 22, 2017, 03:31:00 PM
I'd be on that miner straight away if they took paypal... but sending my BTCs to a company without address or phone number or faces... No way
If they ran away with my money all I will have is their BTC address
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
November 22, 2017, 03:27:56 PM
RIP shitmain.

I hope this new manufacturer has a better distribution all over the world and then i can be a miner too.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
November 22, 2017, 03:03:07 PM
We only have to wait and see then. It looks like the machine exists and it is real. People here will review it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCsQUyR7_I
Jump to: