Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 126. (Read 87603 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 01:04:27 AM
You are all INSIGNIFICANT to Halong Mining, and every other ASIC manufacturer with your 1 miner order and shoe-string budget!

Did Elon Musk send you a Semi-truck to test too?

No! a BUSINESS entity needs to recoup R&D costs ASAP and it sure ain't coming from shipiing 1 miner at a time from Shenjing!

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
December 01, 2017, 09:30:11 PM
Not impressed by them at all.  Large pre order has been collected.  They certainly could sell more gear if they sent some miners out.

I have yet to see a worth while demo of it at all.

@ hagss

let us know if they follow up a with a miner.

I have 5 s9's coming in. they should hold me for now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
December 01, 2017, 07:55:12 PM
I got a reply from Halong Mining (the DragonMint 16Th/s miner).
They said that they don't have many prototypes around yet,
but they see what they can do, so that I could buy one for a thorough review at the forum.

Stay tuned.

I'm eagerly waiting their next reply as I guess many of you are waiting too.  Smiley

I am looking forward to your review in case you are able to get one. Your review of the L21 was great and if this company does pull threw its a good step in the right direction to get more gear in the market.
legendary
December 01, 2017, 05:08:30 PM
Looks to be really scammy to me, this isn't the first time we have seen these fake miners pop up with a bit better efficiency and a miner price tag to just be a scam to run with coins.

I don't think so. There where many news annoucments about this development and specs like 8th / 600w of the Japan company. But we will see for sure in februari / march for sure.

March 31st ships

april 5th it mines  if it is real.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
December 01, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
Looks to be really scammy to me, this isn't the first time we have seen these fake miners pop up with a bit better efficiency and a miner price tag to just be a scam to run with coins.

I don't think so. There where many news annoucments about this development and specs like 8th / 600w of the Japan company. But we will see for sure in februari / march for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
November 30, 2017, 07:39:16 PM
Show us their lab, show us their factory. Show us their engineers. Where is their office even located. Why do they want you to buy a whole batch and a first day sale. All those red flags and they miss it. Their website looks like a scam website. Their hashrate shows 4th/s and they say its a bug, their miner is photoshoped and they say it's because they don't have the logo. What kind of company is that. RAGE MODE. - There's no other info about the company, ZERO, this is the indicator that this is 90% a scam. They don't provide any info about the company, which company, location, NOTHING... I would avoid it..

Take a deep breath and step away from the computer, there's no need to rage over a product you didn't even purchase.

There are a few things leading me to believe this is real. First and foremost is the backing of Adam Back and quasi backing from Slushpool. Then there's the fact they will be showing the miners off to institutional investors for the next 2 weeks in NYC. Lastly, the preorders are currently sold out on their website. If this was simply a fly by night scam, they would take as much BTC as possible and keep the sale open indefinitely. The fact that they are sold out shows they have limited production/quantities.

Per SLUSH himself, there is NO "backing from Slushpool" and he wants their name DISASSOCIATED from this project because of that.

To me THAT RIGHT THERE is a major red flag warning, that the company was willing to use someone else's well known name WITHOUT PERMISSION.

If they actually send a review unit (or more than one) to well known reviewers like HagisFin, then I would tend to start believing that they're at least a real company with a real product - however shady their advertising technique has been so far.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
November 30, 2017, 12:54:09 PM
After you hit Rage mode and start glowing red, press R1, if your controller is set up that way. Or usually just up and two buttons. Make sure you connect with the first hit unblocked so the combo finishes.
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
November 30, 2017, 11:38:27 AM
Show us their lab, show us their factory. Show us their engineers. Where is their office even located. Why do they want you to buy a whole batch and a first day sale. All those red flags and they miss it. Their website looks like a scam website. Their hashrate shows 4th/s and they say its a bug, their miner is photoshoped and they say it's because they don't have the logo. What kind of company is that. RAGE MODE. - There's no other info about the company, ZERO, this is the indicator that this is 90% a scam. They don't provide any info about the company, which company, location, NOTHING... I would avoid it..

Take a deep breath and step away from the computer, there's no need to rage over a product you didn't even purchase.

There are a few things leading me to believe this is real. First and foremost is the backing of Adam Back and quasi backing from Slushpool. Then there's the fact they will be showing the miners off to institutional investors for the next 2 weeks in NYC. Lastly, the preorders are currently sold out on their website. If this was simply a fly by night scam, they would take as much BTC as possible and keep the sale open indefinitely. The fact that they are sold out shows they have limited production/quantities.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 09:58:34 AM
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and buying this, I was thinking about getting some S9s but with the waiting time to receive them I might be better off getting a Dragon.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
November 30, 2017, 09:18:57 AM
Well, I still hate Bitmain. But like many here say, Unless I see some god damn proof from independents, this shit is not much but a modified S9 (maybe they unlocked the software and upped the frequency to achieve 16th)
legendary
November 30, 2017, 12:35:20 AM
I did not bother to email them .

I will no longer buy or support three month preorders.

If they want me they can pm me.

Basically with the money I make with gpus I don’t care as much about sha 256 gear.

I can get gpus in a day. With three year warranty.

Frankly this smells wrong to me.

I know people hate bitmain.  But coins are over 10000 bcc is over 1000

And bitmain is the reason why to a large extent.

So if these builders want to sell a ton of gear they can pm me.

If not I use my s-9s and gpus.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
November 29, 2017, 11:58:22 PM
Halong Sales<[email protected]>   Wed, Nov 29, 2017
To: Dabs

We will be in touch about reviews once we have some more stock in hand. Thanks!

They replied to me too. So, let's wait until they send some of us some review units.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
November 29, 2017, 05:00:57 PM
but they see what they can do, so that I could buy one for a thorough review at the forum.

Stay tuned.

I'm eagerly waiting their next reply as I guess many of you are waiting too.  Smiley

Please do!(review) and yea we all do wait eagerly as well! A lot of doubts will be removed if you do it, hopefully we can transfer immediately to this type of miner. Thanks for your effort in advance!
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
November 29, 2017, 04:37:13 PM

Stay tuned.

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
November 28, 2017, 11:46:35 PM
So I plunked down 0.23 BTC to start the process of purchasing some of those Halong Miners, but before I could sync my client and send the balance the order was cancelled. Unconfirmed transactions way up there still.   I blame myself.  That same thing happened to me with Bitmain back in 2015 and they immediately refunded my BTC back to the sending address.  Well, Halong appears to be holding that 0.23 BTC and not responding to my emails.  I’m heavily leaning towards scam.  I got burned pretty bad in 2014 after buying 6 Hashfast miners.  Don’t like that taste at all.

If your transaction is stuck due to low fees you can go to these 2 sites and request to accelerate transaction to get it unstuck and confirmed.

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/     this site is free ,but you may have to try a few hundred times to get transaction accelerated.

https://pushtx.btc.com/#/               this site charges a fee ,but its worth it they get transaction confirmed pretty fast.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 28, 2017, 07:51:43 PM
So I plunked down 0.23 BTC to start the process of purchasing some of those Halong Miners, but before I could sync my client and send the balance the order was cancelled. Unconfirmed transactions way up there still.   I blame myself.  That same thing happened to me with Bitmain back in 2015 and they immediately refunded my BTC back to the sending address.  Well, Halong appears to be holding that 0.23 BTC and not responding to my emails.  I’m heavily leaning towards scam.  I got burned pretty bad in 2014 after buying 6 Hashfast miners.  Don’t like that taste at all.

If the transaction is unconfirmed, they cannot refund, since they did not receive any money. With a too little fee attached, transactions may be stuck for days or even weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
November 28, 2017, 07:49:10 PM
Here's to hoping they're legit, because... Fuck shitmain.

Couldn't have said it better!
Activity: 6
November 28, 2017, 04:24:30 PM
Activity: 7
November 28, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
Overclocked S9 ( i dont think these guys will give us warranty ) with a sticker on the side saying DragonMint
I call this straight up bullshit
Jump to: