Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 46. (Read 87776 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 120
April 03, 2018, 05:18:44 PM
It's not enough just to ship out miners. We need to know you are not illegitimate operators.
If you buy a DragonMint miner from MyRig, you'll receive an invoice that shows the company's official info. Dr. Mann, are you a buyer or just making noise?

Please help me make sure I understand you correctly: If someone wants to conduct due diligence on "MyRig, Inc." that person must first buy from MyRig to see the company's official info? That's not reasonable. That's not how it works. The entire point of due diligence is to determine if the company is worthy of doing business with in the first place. In conducting my due diligence, I've relied on the info about its legal status that MyRig has posted on its web site (see: https://myrig.com/terms-of-use). Legitimate operators tend to post their information on such pages, and not wait to disclose it until after the sale. The information MyRig shows on its terms of use page cannot be confirmed with the Colorado Secretary of State. Specifically, I am talking about the fact that "MyRig, Inc." holds itself out as a Colorado corporation, hence the significance of using the abbreviation "Inc." in its name, which carries important legal significance. I've made this point a number of times on this thread, but MyRig and Halong have chosen not to address it, which has raised concerns among would-be buyers and those who bought in the pre-sale, including myself.

I have purchased a number of DragonMint T1 units directly from Halong Mining (April Batch 2). I assure you I am not "just making noise." I have no stake in the game other than to help people make informed decisions and to try to achieve some peace of mind for myself by receiving some info about Halong's legitimacy (or lack thereof).  Halong points to its relationship with MyRig as evidence of its legitimacy, so MyRig naturally should fall under same due diligence umbrella when investigating Halong.

I would love for Halong and MyRig to address these legitimate and lingering concerns once and for all and get on with being above-board operators.

Activity: 24
Merit: 1
April 03, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
Myrig:
Minami 9 Jo Dori 26 Chome 589-57, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan 078-8339

telephone number:
0166-74-6033

https:// goo . gl /maps/nU5wJJD2sxR2

can confirm the address was the same on my invoice,  but so what?
this same address is up years on myrig.com https://myrig.com/contacts/

obviously myrig’s address in Colorado it’s just a mail forward service , you didn’t know such  exist?
Activity: 38
April 03, 2018, 04:44:53 PM
Myrig:
Minami 9 Jo Dori 26 Chome 589-57, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan 078-8339

telephone number:
0166-74-6033

https:// goo . gl /maps/nU5wJJD2sxR2
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
April 03, 2018, 04:41:24 PM
It's not enough just to ship out miners. We need to know you are not illegitimate operators.

If you buy a DragonMint miner from MyRig, you'll receive an invoice that shows the company's official info. Dr. Mann, are you a buyer or just making noise?

Activity: 42
Merit: 120
April 03, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
[....] We will look into preparing unit for Phil but shipping already paid customers are priority than try to prove our existence at the moment.  All resource is pointed to shipping out BTC, SIA and Decred miner at the moment.

Dear "MyRig, Inc.": You hold yourself out as a Colorado corporation (see: https://i.imgur.com/8WZDWmZ.jpg), but the Colorado Secretary of State, the entity charged with maintaining such records, has no record of you. (Search for "myrig" on this page: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do?resetTransTyp=Y.) Furthermore, I found no record of your previous name "Bitmain Warranty" either, so it seems this is not just a simple of matter of your not having gotten around yet to filing your paperwork in Colorado to complete a business name change. Bitmain Warranty was never incorporated in Colorado either. Red flag.

The operators of "MyRig, Inc." and Halong Mining should understand and respect that this fact is deeply troubling for the BTC community, and the request for clarification is a reasonable one. Intentionally misrepresenting a business in this manner is fraud. Similarly, please disclose where Halong Mining is incorporated. It's not enough just to ship out miners. We need to know you are not illegitimate operators. These matters should be simple for you to explain. It is long overdue. Thank you.
.F.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
April 03, 2018, 03:21:16 PM
B29 and B52 and T1 are shipping, however, Holiday was in the way that caused a few days of delivery delay due to the logistical issues of dealing with the Customs agencies and transport companies.

Phil's unit wise, it will be on the way, but as it was offered, after first batch are out, late March into Early April.  some of the early buyer's unit are still in transit, hopefully everyone will have the T1 by Friday, or reach your country by Friday.

We will look into preparing unit for Phil but shipping already paid customers are priority than try to prove our existence at the moment.  All resource is pointed to shipping out BTC, SIA and Decred miner at the moment.

Great thank you!

Do you expect all Sia and Decred miners shipped out by Friday too?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
April 03, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
B29 and B52 and T1 are shipping, however, Holiday was in the way that caused a few days of delivery delay due to the logistical issues of dealing with the Customs agencies and transport companies.

Phil's unit wise, it will be on the way, but as it was offered, after first batch are out, late March into Early April.  some of the early buyer's unit are still in transit, hopefully everyone will have the T1 by Friday, or reach your country by Friday.

We will look into preparing unit for Phil but shipping already paid customers are priority than try to prove our existence at the moment.  All resource is pointed to shipping out BTC, SIA and Decred miner at the moment.
.F.
Activity: 56
April 03, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
What worries me are the alt miners. Their outrageous claims of efficiency (and therefore profitability) strike me as, at best, false claims, and at worst as a scam. If I were a betting man I would say that we'll never see a halong altcoin miner actually in the hands of an individual.

I ordered some of the B29's within two minutes of them going active. While I was disappointed there was a delay (which I do wonder if Halong will make up for somehow -- maybe better specs?!), I did get my shipping number for that nearly 9 hours ago, and other people are reporting likewise, so it's going to be an interesting week here.

I've gotta say, their payment method options are neat. You can pay in BTC, LTC, ETH, XMR, USDT, and a few other options. I've never seen a manufacturer take so many crypto methods, this is a good thing.

I ordered some B29s but no shipping confirmation yet Sad
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
April 03, 2018, 09:26:38 AM
What worries me are the alt miners. Their outrageous claims of efficiency (and therefore profitability) strike me as, at best, false claims, and at worst as a scam. If I were a betting man I would say that we'll never see a halong altcoin miner actually in the hands of an individual.

I ordered some of the B29's within two minutes of them going active. While I was disappointed there was a delay (which I do wonder if Halong will make up for somehow -- maybe better specs?!), I did get my shipping number for that nearly 9 hours ago, and other people are reporting likewise, so it's going to be an interesting week here.

I've gotta say, their payment method options are neat. You can pay in BTC, LTC, ETH, XMR, USDT, and a few other options. I've never seen a manufacturer take so many crypto methods, this is a good thing.
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
April 03, 2018, 09:19:30 AM
Nope. The fact that u are near a manufacturer is more reason that u should not do the review as it may not be impartial. No one knows if u are an original account holder as your 2018 posts are all in this thread only. Your previous post before halong is in 2015 and u just happen to live nearby halong haha.

Apparently signing an old address I posted back in 2013 isn't good enough for Sandal Hat. People can make their own decisions based on the facts I provided Smiley

There is nothing wrong with living close to a manufacturer representative. Anyone that lived in close proximity would take that opportunity to get to know the company as I have, including an in-person demo in January when the open invitation happened to everyone here. I'd do the same for any other company that was in proximity in one way or another in the mining field popped up here.

With that said, I look forward to reviewing the unit, and the offer is on the table for anyone that wants to review it with me as I get it. The purpose here is confirm legitimacy, which I'm always happy to help with, regardless of manufacturer.

As for pricing, I think the Dragons were a complete steal when BTC was at it's peak compared to the S9's, which were mostly out of stock or limited. Those that purchased the dragons at around the peak got a killer deal, congratulations. We can all agree the market is saturated with miners, and it's a contraction phase I've seen plenty of times. Bitmain is certainly flooding the market with cheap miners -- I bet when BCH reaches around 1500+, they'll pull or reprice most of their stock. I wonder if Halong will release a consistent price on the miners, I'd have loved to see the price stay around 2000, I think the hike to 2700 was excessive imo.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 09:12:48 AM
I hope it isn't the case but the whole thing stinks of BS.
The T1 miner - fine, the specs aren't outrageous. They'll probably take forever to deliver all of them since I'm sure the preorders went to funding their own mining operation that they would then dismantle and sell the units from. Standard practice.

Activity: 387
Merit: 254
April 03, 2018, 08:13:43 AM
in ne case i think u guys should question halong more. i know there will always be fanboys out there that will be diehard company supports and that applies to everything in life but in the end it comes down to phil being told he was going to get a miner to review and post about. he has yet to receive said miner. idk if theres ne one here that can argue how trusted phil is even i have seen him in various threads postin so if a very trusted member posts about his unsettling feeling about a company who is anyone else to dispute his claims at this point? its more than just getting a test miner for free....the company offered it and hasnt followed through with their promise. no one else except for a select few of non verifiable people have received their machines as far as i can tell. also a test machine is supposed to be sent before everyone elses.....thats the whole point of them. Theres 0 point to sending them AFTER everyone receives their miners. Look at all the other reviews posted...most if not all were sent before they started mass shipping because its supposed to build hype and promote the companies hardware as well as prove that it is real and does work. it doesnt prove that it will arrive to customers doors but it proves that enough effort was invested to produce a product. No company in the world (not just bitcoin) can survive without the word of mouth promo and reviews of customers/3rd parties. how do u think companies like bmw mercedes and so on get people to spend ass loads of money on cars and even more to service them?? fanboys swear by them giving them legitimacy....no one would spend $300 for a simple oil and filter change without that kinda promotion....EVER.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove an off-topic portion of the post.
April 03, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

Sy this point  I don't care much for them as they are obviously a butterfly lab type company.   I do hope the alt gear does get shipped.

already being shipped
Activity: 126
April 03, 2018, 07:43:06 AM
By the way there are a guy above who is willing to sell some dragonmints he has on hand. if anybody so into this drama why can't y'all crowdfound a couple units for Philip and HaggsFIN rather than still shaming dimaze for his post count lol

As far as I can see the problem is y'all are thinking its obligatory for halong to send these units for free to put some respect on you guys since y'all have shit ton of posts here ? but thats plain ridiculous.

Anyone following this thread long enough will know Philip has offered to pay for his review unit from the beginning - he was NOT asking for a free hand out - his stipulation was that he uses a credit card.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
April 03, 2018, 07:35:07 AM
Nope. The fact that u are near a manufacturer is more reason that u should not do the review as it may not be impartial. If Halong was good, they should honor their deal to send philip a demo unit rather than talk and not carry out something so simple as shipping. No one knows if u are an original account holder as your 2018 posts are all in this thread only. Your previous post before halong is in 2015 and u just happen to live nearby halong haha. Think about it. It almost look like they gonna cherry pick a unit to do a review. There are so few tweets on this as it is and some still think it is an elaborate scam and that those tweets are paid.

If halong was good, they would send 1 demo to a few 3rd party established members, maybe philip, hagsfin, dabs, searing. We will have 4 independent and fair reviews of the units. This would be best and fair. The efficiency of the unit can differ substantially after all, as a member reported with comparison of 5 units.

reading all these conspiracy bs I have pretty much no questions left, besides what was a reason y'all guys to not join that Dragonmint chat the invite to which I personally found here in the thread?

I never been using this forum since i'm not even running an operation myself, just selling them miners.  But when I was into legit checking Halong of course I ended up here and found the invite. Being there at the chat for couple months straight I cleared all my previous concerns and made a bulk order with Halong after taking orders from my clients which was partly shipped last week and is shipping the remainder now.

Why all your discussions are spinning around someone being OG on this thread? No offense but all of them names you called out are authorities only here and that's it. In the meantime all the people you scam-shamed before which supported halong in the beginning, are well known on the scene, not only this forum.

By the way there are a guy above who is willing to sell some dragonmints he has on hand. if anybody so into this drama why can't y'all crowdfound a couple units for Philip and HaggsFIN rather than still shaming dimaze for his post count lol

As far as I can see the problem is y'all are thinking its obligatory for halong to send these units for free to put some respect on you guys since y'all have shit ton of posts here ? but thats plain ridiculous.

edit: grammar since was posting from mobile

bs  they offered it to me I never asked for a free unit.  the posts are here.

and it is obvious it was done to help sales of the alt gear.

Please notice that the deletions stopped on this thread as they scored enough money selling  the alt gear.

Frankly  I just wish people had stopped  buying and waited until I got the review.

Sy this point  I don't care much for them as they are obviously a butterfly lab type company.   I do hope the alt gear does get shipped.

and I did get 9 cheap units from bitmain as they priced warred with them.

So 15.3 and 1550 watts  for 2k  is the worse report on a t1

or 13.9  and  1430 watts for 910  is an average s9

Edit

My first agreement was to buy 1 from yoshi myrig  demo then buy 5

I never asked for a free demo and I have the email showing this.

They then postedt I was to get a demo.  They asked for shipping info no money or cc and they never sent a follow up.   I follow up with a text.  to scott oxford

two replies were

"soon"
"sorry"

texts are like that

translation is :
soon to come
sorry we are late

that text was on March 31st

It is obvious to me  they are delaying because at best

the real gear is not as good as advertised

and 1480  at 16000

is 9% from 

1550 at 15300

0.0925 watts per gh

0.1012 watts per gh

I hope that all that ordered get gear.
I hope they  simply overpaid for the gear
I hope it breaks less then bitmain
I hope a lot here.

To Yoshi  not so nice

To -ck  I  figure  you were played  why not they played me.

Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 03, 2018, 06:14:54 AM
hopefully the second batch, which i will get, has better units to reach the 16th at 1600W...

Ohh, I see. U are taking 1480w x 1.08 which is the maximum allowance = 1600watts

So the worst units should have 1600watts @ 16th = 100 watts per TH.
Best unit should be under that number.

Maybe, pray hard buddy.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
April 03, 2018, 06:07:35 AM
They made a video that shows 1460 watts at 16.2 TH a few months back but that is not

seems that results you guys got anyway fall into expected variation of +-8% specified on website tho

Not at all

The video showed 1460w / 16.2TH = 90.12 watts per TH

Assuming the 90.12 watts per TH is the best unit. That would mean the worst unit is 90.12 x 1.08 = 97.3w per TH. Most units are worse than that at above 100w per TH. Something is wrong with that video.

Even if u use 1460w/ 16 TH = 91.25w per TH.
91.25 x 1.08 = 98.55w per TH.

Worst unit should have 98.55w per TH efficiency. The numbers are not that good at all. They may not have been honest with that video. It does not make sense.

Lets see if Halong can deliver and give the numbers for their other 3 different miners. All their other miners claim to have better numbers than bitmain I think. I recall they release a miner as soon as bitmain released theirs and their numbers were always better. It is weird. I was in awe back then. Well, I am the curious type.
copper member
Activity: 230
April 03, 2018, 06:01:10 AM
1570 / 15.5 = 101.2watts per TH.

Ok, so now we have 5 comparison numbers

---------------
S9 - 1420w/13.8th =   102.9 watts per TH

Elok
Dragonmint
 #1: 15.15TH/s @ 1647w (Myrig PSU). 108.71w per TH
 #2: 15.42TH/s @ 1586w (Myrig PSU). 102.85w per TH
 #3: 15.51TH/s @ 1477w (Myrig PSU). 95.23w per TH
 #4: 15.24Th/s @1680w (EVGA 1600 G2). 110.24 T

Zand_
Dragonmint
#5: 15.5TH/s @ 1570w = 101.2 w per TH.

Perhaps, those who have units, post pics and add your numbers.

hopefully the second batch, which i will get, has better units to reach the 16th at 1600W...

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
April 03, 2018, 05:58:31 AM
They made a video that shows 1460 watts at 16.2 TH a few months back but that is not

seems that results you guys got anyway fall into expected variation of +-8% specified on website tho
April 03, 2018, 05:50:03 AM
reading all these conspiracy bs I have pretty much no questions left, besides what was a reason y'all guys to not join that Dragonmint chat the invite to which I personally found here in the thread?

I never been using this forum since i'm not even running an operation myself, just selling them miners.  But when I was into legit checking Halong of course I ended up here and found the invite. Being there at the chat for couple months straight I cleared all my previous concerns and made a bulk order with Halong after taking orders from my clients which was partly shipped last week and is shipping the remainder now.

Why all your discussions are spinning around someone being OG on this thread? No offense but all of them names you called out are authorities only here and that's it. In the meantime all the people you scam-shamed before which supported halong in the beginning, are well known on the scene, not only this forum.

edit: grammar since was posting from mobile

There are have been many such scams in the past and Halong looked like a scam from the start. Thus, people reacted as such to protect others. It does not help that Halong did not demo it properly or communicate and look at their efficiency numbers, it is not as advertised as it is. It makes u wonder if thats the reason they did not want to demo the unit. They made a video that shows 1460 watts at 16.2 TH a few months back but that is not possible from the numbers we are getting. It tells u alot does it?

It is but a suggestion. They dont have to send anything to philip but then, they should not have agreed to it in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
Pages:
Jump to: