Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 48. (Read 87776 times)

.F.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
April 02, 2018, 01:24:29 PM
Well it would be really easy to test that there is Asic boost  If I had  a sample.

[...]

They posted that ALL March batch miners went out yesterday (see MyRig twitter). How could you not have received a DHL confirmation?

https://twitter.com/MyRig_com/status/980512683827998720

https://twitter.com/MyRig_com/status/980513155922055168

Hmmm...

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from philipma1957.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 02, 2018, 01:16:54 PM
How come they didnt send to philip? But they send to u first? No offense but all your post in 2018 has been at halong thread only and before that, it was a 2015 post.
Did they send it so you can make a thorough review here at the forum ?

I offered to take one to review and analyze it independently, they accepted. I look forward to checking out the unit, and plan on posting here about my experiences. Sandal, if you are keeping up with my posts, one of the primary Halong representatives here lives under half an hour from me and I had visited in early January to investigate the authenticity of these claims and was pretty delighted with what I found. Had he lived anywhere else, I would probably still be lurking. I think if the situation was the same, any of you would do likewise. It's a good opportunity to give back intelligence to the community with so much general angst and distrust of newcomers. As for Philip, I'm going to guess we're going to get the units at a similar time. It's a good thing they agreed to ship these out to more than one person.

As mentioned before, I've got no skin in the game with Halong directly. I'm not being compensated, and I'm happy to send the unit back if they desire. I appreciate the trust I've built with the company. I'm just an oldschool miner that likes new toys Smiley

I'm all ears for any ideas on the reviewing the unit if anyone wanted to test something unique. I had a few things in mind!

I dont buy that at all. This is freaking 2018. What is so difficult about shipping a machine over. It can be done in ONE DAY. There are only a few tweets about the machine's existence and no detailed reviews.
We have a foruner whose review claims that the machine is actually NOT as good as advertized. Some of the machine are abit better than S9 and some are worse.

No one wants a cherry picked review that shows good numbers. The fellow can probably drive to u and help u with the review. It is also suspicious that all your 2018 posts are in halong thread and your post before that was in 2015. No offense intended.

They should send a few machines to a few of the forum legendaries here for review. This way there will be a few different nunbers and reviews to look at. After all, these machines seem to perform with pretty huge variation. Be transparent and fair. If the machine is as good as they say, the reviews will speak for itself.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
April 02, 2018, 12:45:24 PM
What is funny for me, is that I feel that they got angry after I pointed that the control board pcb is very very similar to the Inno one,
instead of just being calm and explaining everybody how the situation is.

Their behavior is exactly in line with what someone would do if they stole a few thousand Innosilicon BTC miners, likely a product Inno planned to release this year.

It all makes sense, like the deliberate attempts to keep their miners out of the hands of experts, the way they're selling miners for other algorithms (which I don't think exist, and they claim absurd performance: https://twitter.com/CobraBitcoin/status/980469619679952898). They just got these Innosilicon BTC miners somehow, showed them to some people in the Bitcoin community to have them vouch for them, and then started selling fake non-existent miners (convenient how they haven't started shipping these?) for other algorithms. There's no ASICBOOST inside the chips, it's just a slightly more efficient Inno BTC miner, and considering how old the S9 is, that's not an impressive accomplishment.

If they actually had ASICBOOST in the chips, we would be seeing more dramatic power savings. The firmware excuse is simply not good enough, how can the firmware be so bad to almost completely remove all your supposed power savings from ASICBOOST?

Well it would be really easy to test that there is Asic boost  If I had  a sample.

To me this is a real product.  But  they are selling 3 other asic miners:

https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-16t-miner/

https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-b52-blake2b-miner/
https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-b29-blake256-miner/
https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-x2-miner/

I think bitmain acts like they are real  since bitmain  dropped prices on all of their competing miners.

And if you want to go conspiracy 

bitmain is halong

bitmain  did all of this  to  get us to believe  Halong is real and they needed to do a fire sale to compete with them.

And bitmain  is now doing insane amount of sales of gear.

the Scrypt  diff went from  160 to 210  that is 80,000 L3+s In a month.

Even at the discount price of  500 to 600 usd with coupon  they still make money on it.

Notice  the L3+ is the only alt that Halong did not go against.

My advice was and is and shall remain  don't buy anything from Halong Until I get the review unit.

and demo it.  BTW  they said they would send it.  They have not.  And people  kept ordering from them.

I have an older cousin she has always told me you can not help people help their self. 

They need to be self motivated.

My guess is the above in bold type is not true  but not to worry it will be deleted soon.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
April 02, 2018, 12:01:56 PM
You indeed own that twit acc. LoL we are doomed.

How can you say that they are fake while there are hundreds of videos showing them while working already? ck himself said he wrote the code, slush itself confirmed they mined the first ASICBOOST block.

What happened to you?

I didn't say they were fake, I said Halong Mining was a scam, and that they're likely selling Innosilicon BTC miners they've obtained somehow, and using this to build legitimacy so they can sell non-existent hardware for other algorithms. I also said I doubt that they have these Innosilicon miners in enough volume to be able to fulfill all their customers orders.

how one can obtain such many units and nobody will claim that anywhere?
I mean, everyone knows Bitmain is sueing Whatsminer on some patent and this is much less drama than steeling hundreds of units from well known mfg

edit: grammar
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
April 02, 2018, 11:50:38 AM
Yeah, they haven't gotten back to me since my first email, and I'm not inclined to follow up, unless they have extra units around they want me to review too.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 02, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

How can you say that they are fake while there are hundreds of videos showing them while working already? ck himself said he wrote the code, slush itself confirmed they mined the first ASICBOOST block.

What happened to you?

I didn't say they were fake, I said Halong Mining was a scam, and that they're likely selling Innosilicon BTC miners they've obtained somehow, and using this to build legitimacy so they can sell non-existent hardware for other algorithms. I also said I doubt that they have these Innosilicon miners in enough volume to be able to fulfill all their customers orders.

What about ASICBOOST?
Activity: 123
Merit: 474
April 02, 2018, 11:20:13 AM

What happened to you?

legendary
April 02, 2018, 11:15:12 AM
What happened to you?

become the third owner of that account and have a browse through the PMs.

I wonder how much Roger paid for that acc.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
April 02, 2018, 11:13:57 AM
What happened to you?

become the third owner of that account and have a browse through the PMs.
legendary
April 02, 2018, 11:10:50 AM
What is funny for me, is that I feel that they got angry after I pointed that the control board pcb is very very similar to the Inno one,

Their behavior is exactly in line with what someone would do if they stole a few thousand Innosilicon BTC miners, likely a product Inno planned to release this year.

It all makes sense, like the deliberate attempts to keep their miners out of the hands of experts, the way they're selling miners for other algorithms (which I don't think exist, and they claim absurd performance: https://twitter.com/CobraBitcoin/status/980469619679952898). They just got these Innosilicon BTC miners somehow, showed them to some people in the Bitcoin community to have them vouch for them, and then started selling fake non-existent miners (convenient how they haven't started shipping these?) for other algorithms. There's no ASICBOOST inside the chips, it's just a slightly more efficient Inno BTC miner, and considering how old the S9 is, that's not an impressive accomplishment.

If they actually had ASICBOOST in the chips, we would be seeing more dramatic power savings. The firmware excuse is simply not good enough, how can the firmware be so bad to almost completely remove all your supposed power savings from ASICBOOST?

What happened to you?
April 02, 2018, 11:09:41 AM
The only things we've heard from anyone worth actually trusting is, some of these miners exist and they have ASICBoost.

It's possible the implementation kinda sucks, so the ~20% gain from ASICBoost is what makes these viable. It took about a year before anyone else had a chip competitive with the S9, so we already know doing so is not trivial.

I'm not saying it's not possible they're unloading someone else's gear in a well-funded scam, but I think, given -ck's testimony, there's no real debate that some form of ASICBoost is implemented.

I don't think one person's testimony is enough to end any debate, especially when the reports of users with real world experience of this hardware doesn't support his testimony.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
April 02, 2018, 10:47:54 AM
The only things we've heard from anyone worth actually trusting is, some of these miners exist and they have ASICBoost.

It's possible the implementation kinda sucks, so the ~20% gain from ASICBoost is what makes these viable. It took about a year before anyone else had a chip competitive with the S9, so we already know doing so is not trivial.

I'm not saying it's not possible they're unloading someone else's gear in a well-funded scam, but I think, given -ck's testimony, there's no real debate that some form of ASICBoost is implemented.
April 02, 2018, 10:27:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
April 02, 2018, 10:04:00 AM
You are right, I understand that some people might get tired of it.

All in all I don't feel so welcomed anymore when it comes to this subject, so I might stay away from giving comments on this one from now on.

It might be the best for everybody..
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
April 02, 2018, 10:03:39 AM
Maybe he's hoping they'll realize the best way to shut him up is to prove him wrong.
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
April 02, 2018, 09:54:06 AM
Ok.
I asked about possibility to do a review, but I haven't received any replies.
I think I'm not exactly their favourite guy after everything I've been talking about.

So I'd say it is safe to say that this will be the final reviewer list:
  • philipma1957 - will get an unit for review, still waiting for a confirmation
  • dimaze - will get an unit for review, already received a confirmation
  • HagssFIN - no replies, out of the game

I recently bought a T9+ unit just for fun and that will most likely be the next machine I'll have a good look at when it arrives.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the reason you haven't gotten a unit to review is that every other post you make on here is about a)innosilicon b)where's phils miner? c)I asked for a miner but they didn't give me one to review....

dude....you post a lot of good info here on the forums, but it gets old seeing the same stuff over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over....

See.... 
legendary
April 02, 2018, 08:12:34 AM
Ok.
I asked about possibility to do a review, but I haven't received any replies.
I think I'm not exactly their favourite guy after everything I've been talking about.

So I'd say it is safe to say that this will be the final reviewer list:
  • philipma1957 - will get an unit for review, still waiting for a confirmation
  • dimaze - will get an unit for review, already received a confirmation
  • HagssFIN - no replies, out of the game

I recently bought a T9+ unit just for fun and that will most likely be the next machine I'll have a good look at when it arrives.
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
April 02, 2018, 07:57:45 AM
How come they didnt send to philip? But they send to u first? No offense but all your post in 2018 has been at halong thread only and before that, it was a 2015 post.

I offered to take one to review and analyze it independently, they accepted. I look forward to checking out the unit, and plan on posting here about my experiences. Sandal, if you are keeping up with my posts, one of the primary Halong representatives here lives under half an hour from me and I had visited in early January to investigate the authenticity of these claims and was pretty delighted with what I found. Had he lived anywhere else, I would probably still be lurking. I think if the situation was the same, any of you would do likewise. It's a good opportunity to give back intelligence to the community with so much general angst and distrust of newcomers. As for Philip, I'm going to guess we're going to get the units at a similar time. It's a good thing they agreed to ship these out to more than one person.

As mentioned before, I've got no skin in the game with Halong directly. I'm not being compensated, and I'm happy to send the unit back if they desire. I appreciate the trust I've built with the company. I'm just an oldschool miner that likes new toys Smiley

I'm all ears for any ideas on the reviewing the unit if anyone wanted to test something unique. I had a few things in mind!
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 02, 2018, 04:46:20 AM
Are they going to send you a free unit, like they are sending to Philip?

That's correct. I had a confirmation email already, it should come this week sometime.

legendary
April 02, 2018, 03:25:58 AM
Are they going to send you a free unit, like they are sending to Philip?

That's correct. I had a confirmation email already, it should come this week sometime.

Pages:
Jump to: