Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 52. (Read 87776 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
March 30, 2018, 12:08:25 PM
I am sure  the inside heat sinks will look like  the s-9  and not the avalon.  If I get my promised demo I will open case and look at heat sinks.

actually there are already T1 boards photos on the internets
And heavens forbid you be useful here and provide links to them....
You're new here so perhaps you don't understand that this is a technical forum, not just a social media site where folks spout off with whatever they feel like. That means providing proof of statements like that.

Halong has been putting up far too many brand-new accounts to disseminate their marketing spiels for us to 'just believe'.
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
March 30, 2018, 11:49:04 AM
I am sure  the inside heat sinks will look like  the s-9  and not the avalon.  If I get my promised demo I will open case and look at heat sinks.

actually there are already T1 boards photos on the internets
Activity: 123
Merit: 474
March 30, 2018, 11:47:15 AM
Not sure why useful replies are being deleted from this thread? Why delete rightful doubts about purchasing a product, or clear non-trolling replies, what is this excessive stomping down on organic discussion going to achieve?

From what I've heard so far, and discussions in private with people, I'm noticing two things:

- People who ordered bulk units of Dragonmint miners haven't had anything shipped to them
- People who ordered any of the other algo miners also haven't had anything shipped to them (there are "delays")
- There is noticeable secrecy around photos of their miners for other algorithms

Since the Dragonmint control board is clearly an Innosilicon design, and even the Web UI is a simple reskin/reshuffle of the Innosilicon UI. It seems clear what has happened here. And people called this out months ago in this thread. Halong Mining has somehow got their hands on some small volume of a prototype Innosilicon BTC miner, and presented this as their own, and this is what is being shipped to a limited set of customers right now.

Even now, you can visit their Twitter and see they've retweeted a fake Russian story from an "oleg15891" (who is associated with this operation), https://twitter.com/halongmining. The whole thing is starting to stink unfortunately.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 30, 2018, 07:50:37 AM
Ok. Why does Yoshi want to remain quiet about that detail?

Yes there is a difference, but it's quite obvious that both are Innosilicon designs.

Wouldn't be the first "close relationship" Innosilicon has had with another manufacturer.
Consider the "Dragon Miner" series and their ancestory to the A2.

My guess is  the miners are the same other then active  asic boost on the Dragonmint 1

Which is why yoshi  did ask me  to not give every detail in our emails.

He did say that  certain parts  are in  common on various miners.

The unboxing  video  looked like the fans are the same as the antminer s-9.  It does not mean  that the dragonmint is an s-9

I am sure  the inside heat sinks will look like  the s-9  and not the avalon.  If I get my promised demo I will open case and look at heat sinks.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 30, 2018, 03:24:27 AM

Yes there is a difference, but it's quite obvious that both are Innosilicon designs.

Wouldn't be the first "close relationship" Innosilicon has had with another manufacturer.
Consider the "Dragon Miner" series and their ancestory to the A2.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
March 29, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

legendary
March 29, 2018, 08:27:38 PM
I just hope that Innosilicon politics will not spread into Halong Mining as well,
since Inno did not do so good with all the A5 miner pricing and quality scandals..

I mean IF those two companies are tied together somehow.

I talked about this with yoshi  the boards are the same but there are mods and differences.  he asked me to keep that quiet

They may be beagle bone I forgot  what he said .

note at least 1 difference

https://i.imgur.com/1u6zfOP.png

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove inline image tags.
legendary
March 29, 2018, 08:21:39 PM
I just hope that Innosilicon politics will not spread into Halong Mining as well,
since Inno did not do so good with all the A5 miner pricing and quality scandals..

I mean IF those two companies are tied together somehow.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
March 29, 2018, 08:18:37 PM
My guess is that the 1 is just a batch number.

Nice to see that machine live,
I asked him if he could take a photo of the full control board without breaking any seals.

EDIT:
Cool, after I asked and mentioned few tips Brian took out carefully the control board and took a photo of it.

https://twitter.com/brianchoffman/status/979506673021784064
Quote from: brianchoffman
Here’s the control board in all its glory @HalongMining T1

Picture

Here is a quick comparison I made.

Comparison screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/7av9xSu.jpg

On left you can see the Dragonmint T1 control board
and on right you can see the Innosilicon A4+ control board.

Can you people now believe that I was not crazy talking,
when I said that the control board design is exactly same?  Cheesy

Innosilicon is involved in this project in some way,
but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

I've been running some A4+ and A5 machines with no issues so far.

Well done! Thank you! Very good news!
legendary
March 29, 2018, 07:43:33 PM
My guess is that the 1 is just a batch number.

Nice to see that machine live,
I asked him if he could take a photo of the full control board without breaking any seals.

EDIT:
Cool, after I asked and mentioned few tips Brian took out carefully the control board and took a photo of it.

https://twitter.com/brianchoffman/status/979506673021784064
Quote from: brianchoffman
Here’s the control board in all its glory @HalongMining T1

Picture

Here is a quick comparison I made.

Comparison screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/7av9xSu.jpg

On left you can see the Dragonmint T1 control board
and on right you can see the Innosilicon A4+ control board.

Can you people now believe that I was not crazy talking,
when I said that the control board design is exactly same?  Cheesy

Innosilicon is involved in this project in some way,
but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

I've been running some A4+ and A5 machines with no issues so far.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
March 29, 2018, 07:40:08 PM
Nice to see a unit. Maybe the #1 meant only 1 ever made... Tongue

Glad to see something materialize hopefully everyone gets what they paid for. Would have been nice to see the Demo via Phil

legendary
March 29, 2018, 07:32:18 PM
here you go kids, dragon unboxing.....

https://www.pscp.tv/brianchoffman/1mnxeXWPVdbJX?t=5s

well  there you go number 1  live on streaming
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
March 29, 2018, 07:04:31 PM
here you go kids, dragon unboxing.....

https://www.pscp.tv/brianchoffman/1mnxeXWPVdbJX?t=5s
E
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
March 29, 2018, 03:53:56 PM
So Halong are people going to have to wait for their miners? Ba dum tsckkk...

I guess is best to wait for people in the thread to receive and put reviews with pics and videos first. It is probably a few days more only.

My shipment now has a delivery day estimate of April 3rd. It has departed the sort facility in Hong Kong. As long as there are no Duty/Customs delays I'll put pics up on Tuesday.
legendary
March 29, 2018, 02:35:37 PM
It is a big bummer if Halong/MyRig doesn't send a demo unit to Phil for his review after all.  Undecided
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
March 29, 2018, 02:24:44 PM

I guess is best to wait for people in the thread to receive and put reviews with pics and videos first. It is probably a few days more only.
Activity: 241
Merit: 6
March 29, 2018, 02:20:41 PM
legendary
March 29, 2018, 02:19:10 PM
I suggest u call DHL instead. Their service is really good, can probably fix it in a quick call. I had my few issues in the past fixed very quickly.

not  sure if they can help  I was never given tracking info from MyRig or Halong  I just gave them my shipping info.

My guess they got busy and spaced it out.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove multiple nested quotes.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
March 29, 2018, 12:16:29 PM
I have not been given a tracking number for the demo even though I gave my shipping info to 2 different sources .

I will post if I get any new info.

I suggest u call DHL instead. Their service is really good, can probably fix it in a quick call. I had my few issues in the past fixed very quickly.

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a response to a now-deleted redundant discussion.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 10:23:08 AM
Today I've got an email from halong mining :

"Due to shipping carrier delays resulting from the upcoming Holiday, orders for the B-series miners (B29, B52) will be shipped April 3-4th instead of Friday, March 30 as we had hoped. We apologize for the delay and will update you with your tracking information via email once your order has shipped.

Richard Hogan
Halong Mining"
Pages:
Jump to: