Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 144. (Read 273558 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
the 300$ option on drillbit site is for full board assembly and the 8 chips included in this price , corrrect?
Yep, details are in the first post of this thread.

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
the 300$ option on drillbit site is for full board assembly and the 8 chips included in this price , corrrect?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I've put in a Paypal order for 4 boards, hope it all works out! Might be best if I try to forget about the purchase so I'm not refreshing this thread every 5 seconds for months Tongue

Looking forward to receiving them in Adelaide Smiley
Activity: 1302
Merit: 252
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Have you ordered the chips ?    I was looking on there site and it seems the chip sales have vanished.

Am interested all the same, however am waiting on bfl & avalon and its hard to go further with nothing in hand.
Activity: 266
Thanks..

After the whole Avalon experience might hold out to see some working production prototypes / confirmed shipping dates at least.

Cheers

Prototypes on the way. Regarding shipping dates, and especially given the whole Avalon scenario, i honestly can't promise exact shipping dates because they are dependent on when we get the chips. Currently we are promised that the chips will be shipping in October. I am in the process on trying to nail this down with more specifics.

On our end, once we get the chips, it will be a two to four week turn around for manufacture and shipping. We will obviously be moving as fast as we can once those chips arrive.

So if the chips get to us in early October, then late Oct early November delivery is realistic. But given the scenario with BFL and Avalon, i totally understand how people don't trust stated delivery dates.

So yeah, what i can promise is two to four weeks after we get the chips for delivery.

Cheers

Barntech
Could I reserve one or four 8 chip drillbit full assembly board but pay at a closer date for dispatch? How long do you think you need to take for assembly and have prototypes been working already? Thanks!

I wanna know what is the advantage using the backbone board as it cost something to it? Couldn't we just connect them to a USB hub?

We're not accepting reservations on this. Part of the thing with group buys is that it is understandably more assuring and exciting to jump on right at the end when the order is almost filled. Trouble is, if everyone did this, then the order would never be filled. For this reason, we're urging people to place an order if they're interested, that way the number at the top keeps going down and people get excited, jump on board as well and voila, we get the order completed. I also understand that its annoying having your money tied up while waiting for other people to chuck theirs in. Its a bit of a dilemma, but i say go for it, chuck in and lets get that order in! Also, if you do turn out to need the money for something else, or just decide you'd rather take your mother out to a fancy dinner instead of buy bitcoin mining gear, then you can always ask for a refund and we will happily give it you.  Grin

The advantage of the backplane is that you plug one miner into your machine, rather than 4 or 16, less to set up. less cables, but yes, if you want to, you can just connect them all to a USB hub.

On the prototypes, no we don't have functioning prototypes yet. The board design is very close to finished and we are getting boards spun this week. Shouldn't be too much longer before we have a prototype up and running, but then being realistic, there is always the possibility of potential problems that will need to be ironed out. I will be keeping everyone updated with the progress of the prototype.

Cheers.

Barntech
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Thanks..

After the whole Avalon experience might hold out to see some working production prototypes / confirmed shipping dates at least.

Cheers
Activity: 61
Shipping date for completed boards / thumbs??  Huh
This should help. I was rereading about the time you posted lol.

So I just finished reading everything properly...

Have I correctly interpreted that a "DrillBit Thumb" is going to power 2 bitfury chips and cost approximately $100 USD?
And begin assembly in October... thus shipping around what.. November?

Hey stack.

We are leaning more towards the 1 chip thumb at this point. Pricing is not yet locked down, but it will definitely be sub $100. And yes, shipping Oct/Nov

Cheers

Barntech
Activity: 90
Shipping date for completed boards / thumbs??  Huh
It seems I have opened a can of worms >.>
Activity: 95
Could I reserve one or four 8 chip drillbit full assembly board but pay at a closer date for dispatch? How long do you think you need to take for assembly and have prototypes been working already? Thanks!

I wanna know what is the advantage using the backbone board as it cost something to it? Couldn't we just connect them to a USB hub?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
I will in also for 32 pcs chipset, will come back for payment before its end.
I am quite interested in a few chips atm. I'm currently coin poor thanks to converting to cash for bills and bitmit auctions lol.  I was wondering if you do not reach the goal what will happen. Will you continue to buy and ship the bitfury's or will you refund our coins?  If i missed the post regarding this please point me in the right direction.

Yes, basically we will do all we can to make sure the order goes through and the boards get made. If we end up in October and there's still 2000 chips unaccounted for then we'll probably have to look at refunding peoples money, but if its more like 500, we will buy the remaining chips ourselves and get the order through. I do have a feeling that the chips will all get taken though. The Jon K verification is now in so people don't have to be concerned about being scammed any more, and once we have a working prototype and people realise this is really going to happen, i think the chips will go quite quickly.

Barntech

Awesome. I currently have been looking into building a custom standalone miner for myself or even just a 2 chip dual power usb miner assuming i can find the proper documentation for the SPI.  Hopefully I can mine enough to buy these soon. I'm getting excited at thought of BitFury rather than BFL or Avalon now xD

Edit: Side Idea.. While Im mining is there any way to say reserve 2 chips if a flood comes from the Avalon issues? Money is tied up for almost a month or i would use paypal to pay =/

Hey.

We don't take reservations without payment, but i'm sure if you are only looking at two chips, there will be some available for you. I can't imagine 2000 chips disappearing too quickly, and if they do, just send me a message and we'll sort you out for two chips.  Wink

Alright. And I currently have about 0.21 BTC but its slow mining about 0.015BTC every other day as I only have my laptop pushing 140MH/sec for bitcoins some days and 8 dedicated servers pushing an avg of 300KH/sec for feathercoins atm. Thats why the thought of reserving came up lol.  Another couple days I can pay for one chip

Edit: Of course if i happen to come in contact with more money I will buy more Just looking at 2 for the moment so I'm not out too much for too long
I am quite interested in a few chips atm. I'm currently coin poor thanks to converting to cash for bills and bitmit auctions lol.  I was wondering if you do not reach the goal what will happen. Will you continue to buy and ship the bitfury's or will you refund our coins?  If i missed the post regarding this please point me in the right direction.

Yes, basically we will do all we can to make sure the order goes through and the boards get made. If we end up in October and there's still 2000 chips unaccounted for then we'll probably have to look at refunding peoples money, but if its more like 500, we will buy the remaining chips ourselves and get the order through. I do have a feeling that the chips will all get taken though. The Jon K verification is now in so people don't have to be concerned about being scammed any more, and once we have a working prototype and people realise this is really going to happen, i think the chips will go quite quickly.

Barntech

Awesome. I currently have been looking into building a custom standalone miner for myself or even just a 2 chip dual power usb miner assuming i can find the proper documentation for the SPI.  Hopefully I can mine enough to buy these soon. I'm getting excited at thought of BitFury rather than BFL or Avalon now xD

Edit: Side Idea.. While Im mining is there any way to say reserve 2 chips if a flood comes from the Avalon issues? Money is tied up for almost a month or i would use paypal to pay =/

Hey.

We don't take reservations without payment, but i'm sure if you are only looking at two chips, there will be some available for you. I can't imagine 2000 chips disappearing too quickly, and if they do, just send me a message and we'll sort you out for two chips.  Wink
Activity: 742
John K - verified... I'm in Smiley  Thanks!
Activity: 79
I don't think you will have any problems covering the 3,000 chip order, simply because Avalon have dropped the ball with their chip supply so a lot of people will be looking for alternative projects.

I will stick a link to this thread on the Overclockers Australia forum, that will stir up some local interest for you.

Yes i agree. Thats exactly what moved us into the Bitfury stuff in the first place. Originally we were going to do an Avalon based board, but still now months later, don't have any chips.

And cheers for posting it to overclockers. Spread the love!

Absolutely, thats why i'm looking here. no avalon chips.
Also a bonus to have someone in Australia doing this at a decent price..
I don't think you will have any problems covering the 3,000 chip order, simply because Avalon have dropped the ball with their chip supply so a lot of people will be looking for alternative projects.

I will stick a link to this thread on the Overclockers Australia forum, that will stir up some local interest for you.

Yes i agree. Thats exactly what moved us into the Bitfury stuff in the first place. Originally we were going to do an Avalon based board, but still now months later, don't have any chips.

And cheers for posting it to overclockers. Spread the love!
erk
Activity: 826

I will stick a link to this thread on the Overclockers Australia forum, that should stir up some local interest for you.

Barntech

Jump to: