Pages:
Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 148. (Read 273554 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I can confirm that Barntech did order sample chips and we did ship them already.  In fact they should have them by now.

Awesome news. 

As soon as you guys are ready for paypal let me know!!
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
I can confirm that Barntech did order sample chips and we did ship them already.  In fact they should have them by now.
Activity: 266
Barntech, nowhere to be seen clear deadline delivery time of chips...  correct me if I'm blind. )

Thanks Format. I have adjusted the post. Butfury chips will be shipping in October.
Activity: 714
Barntech, nowhere to be seen clear deadline delivery time of chips...  correct me if I'm blind. )
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Ordered a few and looking forward to board diagrams!
In good faith, I'll reserve 2 chips to start the ball rolling. (email sent)

Chips / Payment / Sender
2 / 0.48543689 / 13qhmF5E9Y1LokzcUxbuqLCmcqa4XnWkZt

You specified a conversion rate, but not the number of decimal places.
So I have assumed 8 digits, as is usually the bitcoin standard.

I formally request refund to occur automatically under the following circumstances:
- The group buy is not fulfilled in time for an October delivery
- It is November and assembly has not begun.

When/if this project shows signs of progressing I will increase my order.
If I find myself in Sydney I would like to take you up on the offer to meet up over lunch Smiley

Thanks Stack.

And we're off. Thank you for chucking your coin in and being the first. Interest in this seems to be pretty high, so hopefully we will fill the order quickly. No problems regarding your refund conditions. And by all means, if you are in Sydney, send me a message and come check out what we're up to.

Cheers.

Barntech
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In good faith, I'll reserve 2 chips to start the ball rolling. (email sent)

Chips / Payment / Sender
2 / 0.48543689 / 13qhmF5E9Y1LokzcUxbuqLCmcqa4XnWkZt

You specified a conversion rate, but not the number of decimal places.
So I have assumed 8 digits, as is usually the bitcoin standard.

I formally request refund to occur automatically under the following circumstances:
- The group buy is not fulfilled in time for an October delivery
- It is November and assembly has not begun.

When/if this project shows signs of progressing I will increase my order.
If I find myself in Sydney I would like to take you up on the offer to meet up over lunch Smiley
So I just finished reading everything properly...

Have I correctly interpreted that a "DrillBit Thumb" is going to power 2 bitfury chips and cost approximately $100 USD?
And begin assembly in October... thus shipping around what.. November?

Hey stack.

We are leaning more towards the 1 chip thumb at this point. Pricing is not yet locked down, but it will definitely be sub $100. And yes, shipping Oct/Nov

Cheers

Barntech
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
So I just finished reading everything properly...

Have I correctly interpreted that a "DrillBit Thumb" is going to power 2 bitfury chips and cost approximately $100 USD?
And begin assembly in October... thus shipping around what.. November?
This could be a scam, Deal with caution or use John K. as  escrow.

For what it's worth, I bought into the previous buy before they switched chips and the OP happily refunded my BTC and let me decide how to proceed.  Doesn't seem like someone trying to scam would do that.

Thanks for vouching for us Lazj.

No, this is not a scam. Our aim is to establish an ongoing business servicing miners to the community, and for this reason we would like to establish a relationship of trust with all involved. If we ran away with everyone's BTC, we would have no hope of seeing this project through. The BTC gathered for the purchase from BITFURY will stay in the account it is deposited into until the purchase is made. It can be checked regularly on blockchain.info. We also offer refunds if for some reason anyone decides they don't want to go ahead with the purchase.

We will be potentially offering escrow through John K at a slightly higher price to cover the escrow fees. Ideally though, we'd prefer to deal directly with the people involved in the group buy. For all those desiring Escow, stay tuned for details. The plan is to make sure that everyone feels comfortable in this endevour.

Also, as mentioned, we are based in Sydney. If anyone would like to meet up or talk on the phone, please feel free to get in touch. PM me for details.

Cheers
Is there a current estimation on how long it will be before Bitfury ships?

Hey Lazj.

The sample chips are already in the post and will arrive any day now. The full reel is set to ship in october. The quicker we can get this group buy happening, the earlier we can get our order in, the higher up the queue we will be. We are in direct communication with the Bitfury people and their shipping date feels legitimate. I don't think we're looking at anoth BFL scenario.
A few questions:

* Bitfury chips have shown the ability to overclock quite well, given enough power.  Have you designed the drillbit around this capability?

* Will you accept chips purchased via other methods for your board assembly services?

Thanks.

Hey Trigeek.

Yes, The DrillBit board design will allow for overclocking of the chips. This will of course draw more power, so it will be a balancing act of finding the sweetspot regarding W/Gh ratio. Once we have the chips, we will publish the results of our testing here.

And yes we may well accept other chips for assembly, but at this point, the main focus is to get this group buy happening.

Cheers.

Barntech
Activity: 560
Interesting.

I'd want escrow.

Can the boards be made to fit in an ordinary HDD bay? That would make supplying cool air flow easier, and cable routing neater. Definite plus points if you are aiming at the tidy PC builders.
This could be a scam, Deal with caution or use John K. as  escrow.

For what it's worth, I bought into the previous buy before they switched chips and the OP happily refunded my BTC and let me decide how to proceed.  Doesn't seem like someone trying to scam would do that.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
This could be a scam, Deal with caution or use John K. as  escrow.
Is there a current estimation on how long it will be before Bitfury ships?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I want Paypal
Activity: 252
A few questions:

* Bitfury chips have shown the ability to overclock quite well, given enough power.  Have you designed the drillbit around this capability?

* Will you accept chips purchased via other methods for your board assembly services?

Thanks.
    Welcome to Drillbit Systems

Avalon boards available here: http://drillbitsystem.com/shop/bitcoin-miners/avalon-16-by-drillbit-systems/

DRILLBIT BOARDS AVAILABLE:        0
    DRILLBIT THUMBS AVAILABLE:        Temp NA
    DRILLBIT MINIPLANES AVAILABLE:  6

Newly updated pricing

Update: Batch 1 and Batch 2 will be produced and shipped together. There will be no delay between the two batches.

Price Drop on all Drillbit Systems Hardware!

Drillbit Thumb 2.7 GH/s -    TEMP NA
    Drillbit 8 Board 21.7 GH/s - NA
    Drillbit Miniplane -               $30
    Drillbit Double Scroll -          $30

Batch 2 now open

All orders please go to http://drillbitsystem.com/order.html Fill in the form and send BTC to this address: 1EjYjTXBub3iy88hPgmMbh2Ap1m4HwXisx

All orders are expected to ship in early November.

Currently only accepting BTC payments.

BITFURY chips

BITFURY 55nm ASIC chips, Demonstrated performance 2.7 GH/sec @ 0.835V (0.8W/Ghps)

Early chance to get on board with next generation chips 10 times more powerful than Avalon chips.

Introducing the DrillBit System

An affordable and expandable bitcoin mining system.

The DrillBit system is the most versatile Bitcoin mining system available. It will expand to suit your needs. You can start up with a small mining rig, similar to many entry level rigs on the market, or you can start bigger. As you decide to expand your hashing capabilities, the DrillBit system will expand to suit your requirements, easily and simply.

The basic module of the DrillBit system is a single DrillBit board; an 8 BITFURY ASIC card. With a hashrate of approximately 21.6 GH per card (based on BITFURY's published spec of 2.7Gh/s per ASIC), the board plugs into a standard USB socket. The power can be supplied by a normal ATX power supply. If you are only running a single board, it may also be powered from a spare disc drive connector, allowing you to install it out of sight, inside your computer, should you wish to. You can be hashing all the time, with no extra boxes to stash, no cords to trip over and accidentally unplug.

The DrillBit board runs as a standalone miner, so you are ready to start mining as soon as you get it, nothing more required. But when you want to add more hashing power, this is where the DrillBit system really shows its advantages over other systems. If you want to double your hashrate to 43.2GH, just get another Drillbit Board and plug it into the 4 stack Miniplane (free with orders of two or more boards). Its that simple. No big strings of USB hubs, no messy cables or setup changes. The data distribution card automatically registers the extra ASIC card and operates accordingly. Up to 4 cards can be stacked in this way. Simple, convenient, efficient. Just add more processing power when you want to. You can then be running at 86.4GH quite easily, expanded up from your initial investment of 21.6GH. Nothing to resell, nothing going unused.

If you wish to expand beyond 4 DrillBit boards to achieve even higher hashrates, the DrillBit system can accomodate this also with the miniplane system. The miniplane is a distribution board that the ASIC cards plug into individually. We are also looking at a Megaplane wich will take stacks of up to 4 Miniplanes. So if you want to run much higher hashrates, you can get a megaplane and fill it with ASIC cards as you decide to buy them.. The same principle applies. Simple and efficient. You just plug in extra cards, and the system configures to the extra power. All versions of the system run conveniently from a standard ATX power supply, so it is easy to operate. You could also just run a number of card stacks from a USB hub, in much the same way as other systems offer, if you so desire. Or you could run multiple backplane systems from the same setup. With 16 cards in a backplane, you will have up to 345.6GH/s of hashing power.

Thats more than any other single miner on the market at this time. But the beauty of the DrillBit system is that you don't have to outlay all that cash immediately. You can get started on a smaller system of whatever size you like, and build as you are ready.

** A note on the hashing power of BITFURY chips. The chips have been demonstrated to have performance up to 2.7 Gh/s. This is what you can get if you overclock and run them at very high temperatures. The sweetspot for efficiency of W/Gh is more somewhere around 2 GH/s. We will have more info on this once we get more testing done.

The Drillbit board is designed with overclocking capabilities built in, so you will have control over how hard you run the chips. We will provide specs for recommended stable running rate, but in the end if you want to squeeze every last hash out it it, you will be able to so.

We will also be offering a thumbdrive version of the Drillbit System comprised of 1 chip, giving you up to 2.7 Gh/s. These will be nice and cheap. Pricing soon.

The DrillBit system is designed by Dan Stocks, an electronics phd with 30+ years in electronic design, highly experienced PCB designer, currently doing it as a full time job for a well known electronics manufacturing company.

Feature set
    Drillbit Thumb

ASIC core voltage adjustable in 4 steps. Set through software interface.

Prototype has external clocking of the ASIC. We are investigating this as no one has published any spec for this mode of operation. It might give better GH/W performance. It isnt possible to tell until we test it. The external clocking chip is good for speeds of up to 2.7GH or so.

Depending on the performance this may or may not be on the production version. The pads for the chip & associated parts will still be there even if we don't include it so any keen experimenters could add it themselves.

There are button pads on the back. If anyone feels like soldering the buttons on then they can have a manual ASIC core voltage up/down and core clock rate up/down

Feature set
    Drillbit 8 board

4 step ASIC core voltage adjustable. Can be software adjusted or by pushbuttons.

Power supply rated to heavy overclocking capabilities. can supply over 24A @ 0.9V (= 3A/ chip!). This is easily enough that the most severe overclocking power requirements will be met.

The core adjust feature is prototype development, it will likely be a production feature but may delete it if it turns out to be necessary.

About this Group Buy

We are based in Sydney Australia, but accept orders worldwide. If you are located in Australia, this is a fantastic opportunity to get your hands on locally built quality miners, saving on shipping costs and helping build the Australian Bitcoin network. Assembly and production will be done either here in Sydney or San Francisco or both. Postage within Australia will be cheaper than any other board assembly offers out there. For our international participants, don’t worry, we will make affordable shipping options for all.

We are currently in prototyping stage for the DrillBit system. The board design is done and sample chips are here. You will find regular updates here with the progress.

Once we have raised enough funds, an order will be placed with BITFURY. For those purchasing only the chips, they will be sent on as soon as they are received. For those buying fully assembled miners, we will begin production of the boards as soon as we have the chips, and get them to you soon after that. We want you all mining as quick as possible.

We will also be offering standalone boards for those who desire to assemble their own chips, these will come along with chip purchases or on their own for those of you who already have your own chips.

Pricing

FULLY ASSEMBLED BOARDS:

• Drillbit 8 Board - NA
    • Drillbit Thumb  - $130
    • Drillbit Miniplane  - $30
    • Standalone Chips - $30

BLANK BOARDS:

• Blank 8 chip Drillbit Board (not including chips or assembly) - 1-5 boards - $25 each, 5+ boards - $20 each

Notes on pricing:

• All pirices are in USD
    • Payments can be made only in BTC.

Payment

• Go to: http://drillbitsystem.com/order.html to place your order.
    • Processing of orders will be done on a first in first served basis. The earlier you place your order with us, the earlier we will process your order and get it to you.

Order Queue

1. Lajz99
    2. Stack
    3. slob
    4. clowe
    5. shefflad
    6. mr7950
    7. HappyHunter
    8. WinterParker
    9. reedy10
    10. chadtn
    11. Omen1855
    12. Pistachio
    13. thegoldbug
    14. armedmilitia
    15. picbb1
    17. Nexusflow
    18. R.K.
    19. Goldshredder    
    20. Tommo_Aus
    21. miter_myles
    22. mightycount
    23. julz
    24. flemeister
    25. The Beast
    26. Vulgartrendkill
    27. bigben3333
    29. Nite423
    30. jtkanpp2
    31. pkarc
    32. Skriglitz
    33. nexus 99
    34. R.M.
    35. Lemonte
    36. Console_Cowboy    
    37. psyberwolf
    38. chriscross
    39. Synapse
    40. interslice13
    41. It's About Sharing    
    42. Liberty Buck
    43. johnny5
    44. davmp
    45. rob143
    46. bcollan
    47. jml25
    48. C.S.
    49. ank0l0g
    50. wspreadbitcoin
    52. MaxGen
    53. Swimmer63
    54. S.M.L.
    55. koltz
    56. r00t$
    57. DutchyGn
    58. neiq
    59. V.R.
    61. Foofighter
    62. Pound_Note
    63. doctorgig
    64. ryanb
    65. erk
    66. guyver
    67. southern gentuk    
    68. tel
    69. insks
    72. A.B.
    73. protarchos
    75. milkbottlec
    76. forevernoob
    77. slavewone
    78. Unacceptable
    79. E.P.
    80. HTML5 Gordon
    81. N.S.K.
    82. Greenny
    83. MonkeyNutts
    84. smiley123
    85. Bee
    86. D.K.
    87. Yunk3r
    88. deadjimmy
    89. M.T.
    90. Guardian of Forever    
    91. ampu
    92. bonfire
    93. Lainz
    94. DobZombie
    95. Notanon
    96. doxavg
    97. philramon
    98. W.C.
    100. T.G.
    102. Tamerz
    103. jedimstr
    104. D.B.
    106. japs2013
    107. crashzilla
    108. rangerbob21
    109. Stringer
    110. F.P.
    111. pimousse
    112. unois
    113. bteec
    114. Dyslexic Zombei
    115. Beavertank
    117. Zeek_W
    118. pepto
    119. daddyfatsax    
    120. E.T.
    121. MadHattr
    122. ZBCthree
    123. Stinky_Pete
    124. M.S.
    127. atechman
    128. Pluto
    129. monsieurmarc
    130. Product Recall
    131. iongchun
    132. carcass
    133. bronan
    134. RickRock
    135. M.D.
    136. eman5oh
    137. rocks
    138. C.A.
    139. Starcraftman
    140. Bonfire
    141. sprint347
    142. pyraproxy
    143. pire
    144. Kronkvist
    145. tk1337
    146. aminorex
    147. NuckinFutz
    148. awolf
    149. Fajman
    150. kabopar
    151. bnmorgan
    152. pkirsch
    153. kravits
    154. Cryptorig

Shipping

0-500g500g - 1kg1kg - 1.5kg1.5kg - 2kg2kg - 2.5kg2.5kg - 3kg
      United States    
      / Canada
      Regular - $25
      Express - $60      
      Regular - $40
      Express - $70    
      Regular - $50
      Express- $85    
      Regular - $65
      Express - $85    
      Regular - $75
      Express - $105    
      Regular - $80
      Express - $105    
      EuropeRegular - $25
      Express - $65    
      Regular - $45
      Express - $75
      Regular - $65
      Express - $95    
      Regular - $80
      Express - $95    
      Regular - $95
      Express - $115    
      Regular - $100
      Express - $115    

Terms

• Full payment including all USD based fees is required prior to shipment to final destination.
      • Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
      • We assume no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside our control, including but not limited to BITFURY failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc.
      • All chips purchased are sold AS IS, with no warranty of any kind.
      • You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times.
      • In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address.

Purchase instructions

Go to http://drillbitsystem.com/order.html to make payments in BTC.

Batch 1 assembly payments to: 1AF1WmU9Ut2CMuMJWgeBiXb2LMCd6x1GYA
      All Batch 2 payments to: 1EjYjTXBub3iy88hPgmMbh2Ap1m4HwXisx

*Note* Do not send funds from an address you do not control. You will be required to prove ownership of the sending address upon request.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Looking forward to doing business with you all. Lets get these miners going.[/list][/list]  
      Pages:
      Jump to: