Author

Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99! - page 147. (Read 273554 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
If it takes 6 weeks to complete your chip order, do you expect you'll be able to meet your October deadline?

I'm interested but after my experience with Avalon and K16s I'll need some encouragement.

Hey Sprint.

Just to clarify, we're not promising an October delivery. We have been told that we will get our hands on the Bitfury chips in October. Once we get the chips, our manufacture turnaround will be quite quick, somewhere in the realm of one to two weeks.

Thing is, there is nothing we can do about when the chips get to us. Having bought into Avalon based stuff myself and still not seen anything, i fully understand your trepidation. As with everything in bitcoin mining land, actually getting stuff when people say you will get it is often pretty dubious. In my communications with megabigpower, from whom we are getting the chips, it seems pretty solid to me that they will indeed be shipping in October, however to be perfectly honest, i will not be surprised if there are delays. Look at the way things have played out with BFL and Avalon.

I know that probably doesn't sound super reassuring, but i am trying to be as honest as i can. What i can promise is that we will do the board manufacture as soon as we get the chips, so if they do come in October, then late Oct / early Nov delivery will happen. Here's hoping there are no crazy delays on chip delivery. I do feel confident based on the communications i have had, but you never no.

Rest assured though, we have our end of things covered.

Barntech
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
If it takes 6 weeks to complete your chip order, do you expect you'll be able to meet your October deadline?

I'm interested but after my experience with Avalon and K16s I'll need some encouragement.
I joined the forum just the other day with the interest of obtaining some bitfury's, and the drillbit board sounds like a great concept.

I would pull the trigger to participate in this group buy much sooner, pending concept photos and/or actual photos of your drillbit system board, and the couple of bitfury sample chips with a "barntech" on  a piece of paper in the photo, or whatever. It's simple and silly, but it would authenticate the group buy for me personally.

Hey Fear58

Nice to hear from you. I'll upload sample chip photos tonight. :-)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I joined the forum just the other day with the interest of obtaining some bitfury's, and the drillbit board sounds like a great concept.

I would pull the trigger to participate in this group buy much sooner, pending concept photos and/or actual photos of your drillbit system board, and the couple of bitfury sample chips with a "barntech" on  a piece of paper in the photo, or whatever. It's simple and silly, but it would authenticate the group buy for me personally.
Activity: 32
I didnt ask for it because of the availability of reversible payment. Something goes sour, Paypal will happily screw the merchant, and if that fails, I KNOW my bank will intervene.

But yes, I think it will be beneficial for this buy if everything is verified. I know I am a new member as well, so I understand this will be taken with a grain of salt, but I exchanged emails with Jesse for several days before placing my order. He was quick, responsive, provided me with a lot of information, and was overall very pleasant. Not that a fraudster couldnt be all of those things, but he seems to be on the up and up.
Ok Jesse, if we are free to ask anything here is my first question:

1. Why don't you verify yourself by John K. as it is well known method used on this forum?
 If you don't want to be verified you can use escrow service provided by John K.

Barntech
Date Registered:    June 04, 2013

And srsly no one ever bother to ask for it?

Will write to John K now and ask him to verify me.

Cheers
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
Ok Jesse, if we are free to ask anything here is my first question:

1. Why don't you verify yourself by John K. as it is well known method used on this forum?
 If you don't want to be verified you can use escrow service provided by John K.

Barntech
Date Registered:    June 04, 2013

And srsly no one ever bother to ask for it?
don't want to pest here but why does no one ask for some sort of ID verified by John K. , Escrow maybe?
take a look how it is easy to get away with 356 BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.340

Hey Pajak.

I know it can be nerve wracking throwing money into a group buy. I currently have money tied up in three others and i haven't seen anything for them yet, but i do trust the operators. This thing is all about trust and i am hoping to build that trust with everyone involved in this group. We are not here to scam anyone. If you ask anyone who has already placed an order in this group buy, i am always here to respond to any questions anyone has, and will happily refund anyone's money if they decide they no longer want to be a part of it. I am excited to see this project through, and roll onto the next and the next, and i certainly wouldn't do myself any favors by scamming people. You can trust this. I know its hard to prove, but i'm doing all i can to make sure that feeling of trust is present in this group buy, and in all the interaction i have with everyone involved. Please feel free to ask me anything. My name is Jesse Ricketson by the way.

Cheers.

Jesse
If I want the board/assembly/chips altogether, do I order 12 chips using your Buy Now button?

Hey Reedy.

I will get a separate button up for the full board option later tonight. In the meantime yes, if you ordered 12 chips and just send me a message, that will work, or wait till the extra button is up.

Cheers.

Barntech
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
don't want to pest here but why does no one ask for some sort of ID verified by John K. , Escrow maybe?
take a look how it is easy to get away with 356 BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.340

Activity: 15
If I want the board/assembly/chips altogether, do I order 12 chips using your Buy Now button?
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Just ordered 4 chips waiting on assembly prices to see how many more i want.  Smiley

• BITFURY ASIC chips can be ordered for US $25 each when paying using BTC. Currently payments can be made in BTC at the exchange rate of 1BTC = US$101
  • Receipt of chips from BITFURY may also incur other fees such as import tax, customs duties etc. These fees will be distributed evenly based on the amount of chips purchased. Once spread out amongst everyone, it is not expected that these fees will be very high.
Correct me if I am wrong, but an October 3000 chip real cost us$60.000, or us$20/chip according to https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52 excluding sales tax(should not apply to you) and shipment cost(if any).
Your up to 25% fee is much higher than other group buys. Care to explain what I get for this fee ?
Also you might want to give a more precise definition of your exchange rate, for example MtGox buy, or Bitpay.

Shipping and customs maybe? I dont know, just throwing it out there.

Yes, the extra amount on the chips is to cover shipping, import duties and GST. I anticipate that these things will gobble up most of the surplus, whats left will go to profit for us. We are going to be keeping the board prices low and in the end will not make all that much money out of the project. What profit we do make will be put into infrastructure and equipment for future projects based around either Bitfury chips or next gen chips depending on when the timing is and what we can get our hands on. The plan is to build this and grow with the bitcoin mining markets. In short, what you get for the extra chip fee, aside from duties, taxes and shipping (the boring part), is our effort, time and expertise (the good part).

And yes we will be adding a proper BTC pay option pinned to the U.S. dollar shortly.

Cheers.

Barntech
Just ordered 8 chips. Will likely be ordering 24 more as the buy progresses.
  • BITFURY ASIC chips can be ordered for US $25 each when paying using BTC. Currently payments can be made in BTC at the exchange rate of 1BTC = US$101
  • Receipt of chips from BITFURY may also incur other fees such as import tax, customs duties etc. These fees will be distributed evenly based on the amount of chips purchased. Once spread out amongst everyone, it is not expected that these fees will be very high.
Correct me if I am wrong, but an October 3000 chip real cost us$60.000, or us$20/chip according to https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52 excluding sales tax(should not apply to you) and shipment cost(if any).
Your up to 25% fee is much higher than other group buys. Care to explain what I get for this fee ?
Also you might want to give a more precise definition of your exchange rate, for example MtGox buy, or Bitpay.

Shipping and customs maybe? I dont know, just throwing it out there.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Just sent over payment for 4 chips, will definitely be in for more as interest grows. 

Curious if the boards and thumbs are being developed in parallel or if one will be produced before the other.

Thanks!

Hey Lajz. Thanks for placing an order. Nice to see that number slowly going down. Once we get the prototype happening, i'm anticipating that things will will start moving much faster.

The thumb is being done first. We're doing the initial testing on the one chip version. Then we'll get onto building the 8 chip board prototype.

The board designs for both are still getting tweaked but basically done. Chips arrived today! Will keep you updated.

Barntech
Any anticipated date of when the cost of a board and installation will be determined? That will drive the success of the endeavor to a large degree.

Board and assembly costs will be up by the end of the week.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Just sent over payment for 4 chips, will definitely be in for more as interest grows. 

Curious if the boards and thumbs are being developed in parallel or if one will be produced before the other.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Any anticipated date of when the cost of a board and installation will be determined? That will drive the success of the endeavor to a large degree.
Jump to: