Pages:
Author

Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing - page 25. (Read 35641 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
April 17, 2019, 10:00:18 PM
The decline in crypto prices is currently present in all crypto, not just coins or tokens that have just been launched in the market. The market situation is indeed not good but in 2019 it will look optimistic that it will rise
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
April 17, 2019, 09:51:31 PM
There are several reasons surrounding the drop in ICO price of a coin after listing on the market. In general, the market has been bearish for a while which makes most of the coins experience a general drop in price. Also, there are individual reasons for each coin to drop. The drop in price might be that investors begin to sell off immediately the coin gets listed because they stop believing in the project due to poor team work or marketing, no or undeveloped product etc.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
April 17, 2019, 09:33:18 PM
I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
Whats new about this?you have mentioned being a part of many IcO yet asking this noob question?market is down and those teams/developers has nothing to do with this bear market same as the investors are being afraid of losing so they intend not to particpate nor invest this moments
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
April 17, 2019, 06:50:42 PM
That often happens and all projects must experience this. Many investors sell their tokens when listing. With a little profit, according to them, they are very good. But here all have the right to sell or hold their coins. So the project team must be prepared to keep prices for their projects.
Activity: 223
Merit: 13
April 17, 2019, 06:45:11 PM
I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
don't be surprised, 85% of holders will definitely sell their coins when the list is exchanged, this behavior is very difficult to change. I strongly agree with what many developers have done a few months ago where they made a long time to list their coins on the exchange, to prevent selling quickly (Hit and Run).

all that goes back to the holders in making a decision and there are other reasons that make them sell it directly, although many sell it immediately when the token is listed in the exchange but I prefer to keep hold for the next few months until the price rises higher than ICO price.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 17, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
don't be surprised, 85% of holders will definitely sell their coins when the list is exchanged, this behavior is very difficult to change. I strongly agree with what many developers have done a few months ago where they made a long time to list their coins on the exchange, to prevent selling quickly (Hit and Run).

This scenario is already not new especially to tokens without any solid foundation to start with. Most of them are for quick cash. Even legit projects are not free from this kind of situation. Maybe, one thing they can do is provide a working app before they list it in an exchange and have a use case that is very attractive to users. In that case, they will think twice to sell their tokens at dirty cheap prices.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
April 17, 2019, 06:39:32 PM
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
April 17, 2019, 06:29:37 PM
There was a time in crypto when as soon as a coin hit the exchanges there would be a massive bull run with hype -- but that was at a time when new ideas were few and far between. Now it seems everyone wants to have an ICO. 3 ICO's are released every day, and I expect that number is even higher by now. The idea is to invest in a project and learn to hold your stead.

The projects I've invested in over the last two years I've had Iron Clad hands because in almost every ICO the price has plummeted. It's no a bad thing, it's just the way it is. Lots of people cash out early. A good project will make ground anyway / eventually.

A good trick is to think of every investment as money you don't have anymore. It's not an investment if you need the money for bills.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
April 17, 2019, 06:18:54 PM
The value of a project's token or coin after exchange listing is totally out of the control of the team, though they can influence the value before the exchange listing. There are certain factors that determines the success of a project tokens upon exchange listing. They are the general market conditions (I.E either a bear or bull market), the use cases and working products of the project, the demand and hype around the project. This will command demand for the project tokens which will in turn increase the value.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
April 17, 2019, 05:55:29 PM

Yes, totally agree on that. Straight after the project getting listed on the exchange, there are not much volumes usually and token get dumped pretty heavily and it takes months to recover.
Interesting question, who is dumping it, is that bounty hunter or who would sell lower than the ICO price..
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 17, 2019, 05:51:25 PM
After an ICO has its tokens listed, investors and bounty hunters sell, causing the price to crash. Additionally, we were in a bear market in 2018, further dampening demand for tokens.
Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
April 17, 2019, 05:34:24 PM
participate in conventional ico campaign is risk, that's why now are hyped IEO from big exchange and offer investor for participated in IEO campaign.
when listing will most likely the price will increase 2-10x from the price of ico
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
April 17, 2019, 05:32:08 PM
The price falls on many projects immediately after their entry into the auction. This suggests that someone wants to sell project tokens at any price, even at a loss. However, if the project is good, the price will be able to grow and go further up.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
April 17, 2019, 04:53:56 PM
I think a lot of people start selling the coins after the listing on exchanges, maybe they think to start recover investments even if they lose, but this is not good for any project but anyway this is it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
February 18, 2019, 05:43:11 AM
Well i think it all depends on the team behind the project and the plans they lay down to sustain the project. Most team leave the project to sustain on it own with investors blaming bounty hunters been the cause and vice versa.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
February 13, 2019, 06:54:02 PM
If the team is truly experienced as you said, I believe they should know what to do to control the price. Then even though it dumps at the initial stage, it is still normal, because it happens to lots of projects.
Then a good project should have a product. It is the product that will give it its value. Without that, the coin is just a shit coin.
Make sure you know how to do proper research and it will help you.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
February 13, 2019, 06:46:02 PM
That is very normal. Because most of the investors and the bounty hunters are aiming only to sell it for a much bigger price after its first listing. But unfortunately, they are racing for cheaper price.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
February 13, 2019, 06:43:17 PM
I also see a similar situation, many projects with access to the stock exchange simply disappear before our eyes. Recently, the ICO market has been losing its trust .
Besides the bad market, some projects simply did nothing. A project may have a beautiful idea, but the finished product will appear in a year or two. Therefore, the price flies down.
That's indeed, lack of knowledge and skill about that will prevent the time row to develop the platform. So many platforms don't know what must they do that and this will be decreasing a lot of trust from the investors. We nee a lot of competence developer.
Activity: 280
February 13, 2019, 06:40:53 PM
This is now the trend for most ICO. The price of tokens is now determined by the market once it gets listed. But I ask, why was the price not determined by the market while the ICO was on.
Activity: 504
February 13, 2019, 06:40:07 PM
in today's market, almost any project after entering the stock exchange falls in price, so I do not advise anyone to buy coins on the main sale. this trend continues for a long time, until there have been changes in the cryptocurrency world, prices will fall
Pages:
Jump to: